Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Yep, that girl will get hit by a falling leaf, and Max will be seen as a local hero if she warns her in time.

Pipas posted: »

Oh and that girl who gets hit in the face every episode will get hit in the face unless Max stops it.

• We're probably going to end up helping Chloe so much that we'll probably have to make dinner for her as well.

Pipas posted: »

Chloe will do something stupid again and Max'll have to save her. Again.

• Well,in hallways searching for a pool this is what I see in preview,watch that one video brighted and slow downed,#Splash.

Gary-Oak posted: »

So what do you guys think will happen in Episode 3?

• Somebody's going to drown in that otter team swimming pool. And Max has to buy a chic outfit for the Vortex club party, but will end up buying an oversized hipster sweater. Oh, and Chloe will continue to criticise Max for every decision she makes and tell her to grow up already and generally get on her nerves with: "Max, you totally gotta make use of them superpowers!" Then Max will smash her face in and reverse time - if she's in a good mood.

Gary-Oak posted: »

So what do you guys think will happen in Episode 3?

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited April 2015

We haven't really seen the extent of player choice in Life is Strange yet. Sure, we're getting references to earlier dialogue changes, different dialogues from characters, mall events that may/may not happen, but we haven't seen any super crucial differences. In all honesty, we haven't really seen anything that Telltale hasn't already done in some capacity with their games. Lot of the 'consequences' of our actions feel very much in the same vein as Telltale's 'consequences' do. They're introducing quite a lot of potential choices here, but the real question is if they can make them pay off or not.

I'm not going to judge them too harshly, because in all fairness, they're still only two episodes in. But from what we've seen in these two episodes, they aren't really doing all that much more than Telltale has. I'm not trying to put Telltale on a pedestal here, but I still feel like more meaningful impacts were present by episode 2 of TWD S1 than by episode 2 of LiS. Are we really seeing a dynamic adaptation to our choices in terms of how it molds the relationships between characters? For example, by Starved For Help, you could be good friends with Kenny, on mid-ground, or you two could be completely against one another; same with Lilly. Have we really seen impacts to that degree yet with any of the major players of Life is Strange thus far? (Chloe, Warren, Victoria, etc) Kate's about the only character thus far whose relationship has felt adaptive and dynamic, but since she potentially dies at the end of episode 2, it isn't something that can be explored too much further for some players. Again, I'll give the benefit of the doubt here, as they still have 3 more episodes to really start threading these relationships together, but I won't lie in that it does feel a slight bit disconcerting that some elements don't feel like they're hitting their mark yet.

Sure, maybe they've introduced more individual choices per episode than Telltale has, but will these truly matter, or will they end up amounting small trivial changes, if not just choices that quickly resolve themselves before they allow for any far-reaching effects? Letting Daniel draw you pretty much amounts to him posting a message on facebook about it. You can pretty much call that decision a one-and-done, unless that comes back to play a crucial role by episode 4/5. Maybe that's not the best example, but you get the general idea. Ms. Grant's petition, Dana's pregnancy test, and so on. Are these choices going to amount to anything beyond simple filler choices? Some of them feel like they're simply there to engage players, to let them be able to make a choice of some discretion, even if said choice doesn't amount to anything crucial. That also happens to be yet another pitfall that Telltale has fallen into before.

I'm actually looking forward to what they do with Kate, as that is one of the biggest choices they've done yet. Will they pull off something interesting and unique in how they handle her, or fall into the same pitfalls Telltale has? They have her in a hospital right now if you've saved her, it's easy for them to just call that side of the story done, with minor changes in dialogue (such as people referring to Kate as if she's alive or dead) being the full extent of it going forward. But if they do that, they're still essentially doing the same thing Telltale does with determinant characters in their games. Look at Prince Lawrence or Tweedle Dum in TWAU, they do technically survive the story, but they are practically invisible after the fact, with once optional chance to talk to Lawrence during episode 3 and a few lines in episode 5 during the trial, and Dum having a grand total of one line if he was spared (when he tosses his brother a gun in the beginning of episode 5)

jokerfan112 posted: »

I was a telltale fanboy but life is strange made me realize how cheap telltale is with their games.

• Yay came into some cash so I can finally play Episode 2 and the rest of the game for myself (when it launches)

Alt text

• The lettering says "She's clearly high"... Just throwing it out there.

FanGirI posted: »

Smoke Weed Everyday

• In the english version it says "she looks so stoned" im sure the subtle differences in language will effect the overall tone

TheZorkij posted: »

The lettering says "She's clearly high"... Just throwing it out there.

• edited April 2015

Well, I'm glad she has her priorities straight. Sex first, humanity never.

• I think we all do.

Anyone want Max's time rewind power? I want it, it would be massively useful when I am studying and getting good grades.

• Finally glad that I have something to wait on and get excited for. Can't wait for episode 3.

• Alt text

TheZorkij posted: »

The lettering says "She's clearly high"... Just throwing it out there.

• edited April 2015

Sorry for sometimes bad english

So, now I can finally say something, noting thread :)

I'll start from the beginning...

I noticed Kay-art of this game back in August 2014, but there was no big screenshots and descriptions, so I did not think that I will play it, but memorized image. Then, in December, by chance I saw a thread in this community of "Life is strange." I went there, I saw the picture and recalled that this is the same game. I watched the first trailer and immediately realized that this game will be the same as the wonderful and AMAZING "TWD"! And in this game put the soul.

I looked at the screenshots and they looked awesome.
    I started to follow the game. This was just the beginning. Viewed screenshots, then developer diaries, news.
    It was the second game of Dontnod and I knew that it would be incredible. So I decided to also play in the first game of the studio - "Remember Me". It took me about 10 hours. And it was pretty cool with the original story, well thought-out location, cool, interesting soundtrack, great atmosphere and an unexpected ending.

And now - has come launch day. I was so happy until I downloaded the game. It does not start. Because I had Windovs XP (yes, I know :D). I was hoping that she will run to the end, but it did not happen. All of these 2 months before episode 2, I was sad and waiting when I can get a laptop for my birthday.
    But then there was a surprise - I got it for a month earlier - March 21. I immediately went to run the game, but due to an error on the computer no game does not started.

I solved the problem all weekend and when all my hopes are gone, and I would turn off my laptop, I pressed 2 times on the icon of the game and it STARTED!

I was shocked. It was about 11.30 pm. All were asleep, but I could not wait to play it the next day. I was waiting for this game since December!
    I played all night. It took me almost 5 hours!

It was even better than I imagined!

I have long seen this thread. This is exactly the same one thanks to which I saw the first trailer. So thanks to the person who created it. THANK YOU! :)

I don't have time to read all the thousands of comments for 2 days before the release of the episode, but only 20 pages, so was not able to write a comment a month ago and I had to wait until I finish 2 episode. This happened only last Wednesday - April 15th. But I had a lot of lessons, but a long episode, so I had to wait for Friday night, though it was the most difficult days. It was the BEST birthday gift! :)

I had to wait so long, because English is not my native language and I was waiting for the translation of fan-command of the Ukrainian-Russian translators. They translated and prodolzhyut translate all games Telltale and several more. It took exactly 3 weeks! It was hard to wait until the game is released, but it was worth the wait. The translation was identical to the original. I was happy!
    I played in Episode 2 (it was 20 minutes ahead of the first episode) and it was amazing. Better yet than one episode!

And the ending gave me chills. Poor Kate. Time stopped, raindrops in the air force lost. When I saw that she was falls I was shocked and immediately rewinded time back, and then she almost fell again, and again I rewinded. I was afraid that Max was going to faint and Kate die. I was so afraid and my heart was beating. Time stopped. It was amazing. I ran to Kate. Then again, it's time to bounce back and force Max gone. I was able to save her the power of words.

At that moment I felt so helpless and so afraid for Kate. I thought she would fall ... and I managed save her. I was so happy and sighed with calmness. It was SO realistic!
    No words to describe just how I felt with my bad English, and these Google-translator, but I will try to short and clearly.

• Awesome, intriguing plot.

The theme of friendship, investigation of the disappearance of Rachel Amber your choice in life, social drama, disaster ... amazing.

• Well-thought-out characters.

I love Max and Chloe. My third favorite character - it's Kate.

She's so cute :3

I hope that she'll be fine.

All other I also like and not like:

Victoria (hopefully she will become good in the future)

Nathan

David (despite the words of Joyce, I'll keep an eye on him)

Victoria's friends

Rector of Blackwell

Also, I don't know whether we can trust Jefferson (he can know something)

• Choices and consequences

• Incredible voice

When I watched the first trailer, it was once sweet voice Max and Chloe's voice so completely as he is in the game.

• Awesome music

I learned about such talented people. The music I want to listen and listen.

• Atmosphere

You feel in Arcadia Bay and even have no doubt in this. For a wonderful, gentle music you want to just sit and listen to the sounds of nature.

• Stunning graphics

I love the light of the sun. Very nice picture. Amazing!

• Ability to view every object!

• And many, many things!

This game is amazing!!!

No words...

Even before the released understood that it might be my second favorite, but did not know for sure. While waiting for episode 2, I am fully aware of that. Now this is my favorite number 2 (the first - "The Walking Dead: Season 1 & 2" ;) ) This game is not as dramatic as the "TWD", so I can pass it many times after, but not now, not to break the atmosphere.

After I heard that the developers have a lot of ideas. And I really want to confirm Season 2! :)

Also, I want to show you a screenshot of the database Steam.

It's happening!!! :D

Alt text

• Oh, I see. At first I thought this pic was some kind of a fan made meme thing, cuz I didn't realise it was from the actual game, lol. Must have missed it in my playthrough.

In the english version it says "she looks so stoned" im sure the subtle differences in language will effect the overall tone

• Honestly, I'd say that it's all a big start to the process currently in progress. You know, the process of forgiveness. One thing that helped me understand that is Ephesians 4:30-32

I have a relative that while I would like to have a good relationship with, there are times where we keep butting heads and have a hard time communicating. Even though we both say to each other, "I'm sorry" and "I forgive you", sometimes there is still a part of me that feels angry about the situation we were arguing about. But, I spend everyday trying to make things better between us. Now, in response to this poll, my vote goes to "No, but is happy she's back and can rewind time." At least, for now.

The point I'm wanting to make is, these things just take time and patience. And depending on the choices made could determine if the relationship between Max and Chloe will become as strong as it was five years ago, or remain broken.

Told you I'd do another. So, the question is: http://strawpoll.me/4003252 After everything that's happened, do you think Chloe has officially forgiven Max for the 5 year absence?

• And thangs.

Stuff O_o

• Googled Life Is Strange. Found this. Max should have posted it.
    Alt text

• I love these Dana's dances!

It makes me want to dance with her :D

Alt text

• "selfie"... A dumb word for a wonderful photographic tradition. Of course, As you all know, the photo portrait has been popular since the early 1800's. Your generation was not the first to use images for selfie-expression. Sorry. I couldn't resist.

• edited April 2015

Take a look at this Crossover I found last night https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11201342/1/An-Unlikely-Alliance First one involving The Walking Dead Game.

EDIT: The links on this forum hate me.

• edited April 2015

I love that you can actually learn something about photography while playing this game, too bad they don't extend that to the science stuff, add Chlorine (which is a dangerous gas) or sodium or potassium that are not stable in pure form and have to be kept in oil to not oxidize in air.

"selfie"... A dumb word for a wonderful photographic tradition. Of course, As you all know, the photo portrait has been popular since the early 1800's. Your generation was not the first to use images for selfie-expression. Sorry. I couldn't resist.

• "Max...Start from the beginning. Tell me everything."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrXpFh2IHZY

• Love that song. This one too -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvk8HldcXis

torkahn808 posted: »

"Max...Start from the beginning. Tell me everything." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrXpFh2IHZY

• One of my favorite parts of the game, I really love it.

The soundtrack really makes the game doesn't it.

• The soundtrack really makes the game doesn't it. :)

Love that song. This one too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvk8HldcXis

• Soundtrack AMAZING!

My favorite songs now! =)

And i love YOUR avatar! :)

Chloe <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SddNAu0oMiU&index=3&list=PLrhsCKeZuR1lPG6p2nV8zeoLf6QwW-wge

The soundtrack really makes the game doesn't it.

• edited April 2015

David Madsen is actually a decent father figure for Chloe and security cameras would be helpful,looking from Nathan's case.

• While I do agree with it helping on Nathan's case, the idea of having cameras everywhere, including dorm rooms, is over the line. And I'm afraid I'd have to disagree about him being a decent father figure. The way he acts towards Max, Kate and Chloe in the 1st episode. Sure, he apologizes in the 2nd, but that doesn't make him decent.

Herodriver posted: »

David Madsen is actually a decent father figure for Chloe and security cameras would be helpful,looking from Nathan's case.

• Evry time i hear this song onions appear

Love that song. This one too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvk8HldcXis

• Today, exactly one month from the date of release Episode 2 :)

I so want EPISODE 3!!!

• She's a cutie for sure. :3

Karnedg2013 posted: »

I love these Dana's dances! It makes me want to dance with her

• edited April 2015

Don't you mean that you hella want episode 3?

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Today, exactly one month from the date of release Episode 2 I so want EPISODE 3!!!

• It's going to be amaze balls :3

• edited April 2015

Yep :3

Dana's Dances :D

She's a cutie for sure.

• I'm HELLA yes want episode 3!

• NO EMOJI

It's going to be amaze balls

• edited April 2015

havent heard this before, really great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqxqC4xrDfQ

Sign in to comment in this discussion.