[PS4] Can't play GoT Ep 2

So yesterday I purchased episode 1 and the brand new episode 2 of Game of Thrones. I started playing today and everything was fine... until I tried to play episode 2. The episode selection says that ep 2 is "not installed". The in-game store menu says I've purchased episode 2, but it's not downloaded. But my PS4 and the PSN store say that it IS installed. I tried to restore licenses, as this has happened recently with other DLC and even though I get an error message at the end it still works. Only this time, for Game of Thrones, it didn't. So I deleted it all and spent four hours re-downloading, and making sure episode one and the patch installed first and then episode 2 installed. But it's still saying that episode 2 is purchased but not downloaded. Does anyone know what's going on here, cause it's driving me nuts.

Comments

• I am having the same issues. This is so frustrating, I've bought the season pass too.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

If you are seeing 'Purchased but not Downloaded' in-game, can you please clarify if you can select that episode by pressing the X button on 'Purchased but not Downloaded'? After selecting it, you should be taken to the store to start downloading Episode 2. If you have already updated the game to the latest version, and you are still unable to download the episode, you can also log into your Playstation Account on the Playstation Store website, and search for Episode 2: The Lost Lords, and choose to download it remotely to your PS4 through the website.

• I was able to select download, I was taken to the Playstation store and I downloaded it. It would download and the PS4 would say it was installed, the problem was that the game itself wasn't registering that it had been downloaded and installed. However, this issue was resolved after I booted the Playstation in Safe Mode and selected the option to rebuild database. Upon restart of the game, episode 2 was able to be selected and played.

Thank you for providing the extra information on how you were able to resolve your issue. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

I was able to select download, I was taken to the Playstation store and I downloaded it. It would download and the PS4 would say it was inst

• My girlfriend was having the same issue on PS4. It was very easy to resolve.

DO THIS:
    Select Settings > [PSN] > [Restore Licenses].

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/license.html

• Did everything suggested in this thread : NOTHING. Done. Calling PSN to get my cash back and looking to Wiki for story spoilers. I shouldn't have to battle with a download a total of of 8 TIMES. Telltale take note : a little troubleshooting before releasing never hurt.

• And by the way : I ABSOLUTELY will not jump through hoops to get a game I paid for to fu**ing work. NO. You've lost a consumer tonight. As insignificant as that sounds, you have.

• edited March 2015

Im pretty sure Telltale is just putting out banana versions... It ripens at the customers...
    I will never play anything again... As good as the games are this is unbearable. Goodbye telltale.

jhammer76 posted: »

And by the way : I ABSOLUTELY will not jump through hoops to get a game I paid for to fu**ing work. NO. You've lost a consumer tonight. As insignificant as that sounds, you have.

• Having the same damn problem! TellTale please let us know when this issue is resolved! you got me hooked with episode 1, id love to give you more money once I know it wont be an issue!

If you are currently experiencing any issues downloading and installing an episode on PS4, you can also try downloading the episode in a different way. Below are the 3 suggested ways you can download the Episode:

1) Download the episode from the in-game Episodes Menu.

2) Download the Episode from the Playstation Store by searching for 'Game of Thrones' then going to the Add-Ons list in the Store Page, and Episode 3 should show up on that list.

3) Go to the Playstation Store Website, do a search for 'Game of Thrones' and download the episode remotely from a computer, to your PS4.

Please try downloading the episode using the above methods, and see if you are able to download the episode successfully.

• edited May 2015

I'm experiencing similar problems on the ps4. I've bought the telltale bundle collection which includes game of thrones, walking dead 1 & 2, the wolf among us and tales from the Borderlands. I bought the bundle 3 days ago on the 30th of April and this was all one transaction.

I added game of thrones to my download list and it successfully downloaded and installed. I've since played and completed episode one of game of thrones.

This is where it gets "wierd" on me:

Within the game, when i attempt to play episode 2' the menu item says "not installed episode 2". Selecting this option brings up a screen saying "EPISODE NOT INSTALLED Please install Episode First".

Selecting the "Episodes" menu option shows a screen with "1 iron from ice - purchased and installed" and "2 the lost lords - purchased, but not downloaded"

Clicking episode 2 says the following: "network unavailable please connect your playstation 4 computer entertainment system to the PSN".

I am definitely connected to the network as confirmed by the network -> test internet connection option.

I then open up the Playstation store and perform a search for game of thrones - episode 2: the lost lords. After bringing up the episode in the ps store, it give me the option to "start" the episode. Options to buy or download it are unavailable. Starting the game launches the game but episode 2 is still not installed.

Repeating the process, and trying to download the episode from within the game now opens up the same ps store screen, with episode 2 selected, but instead of start on the left, it says "installed".

I'm going round and round.

I've just managed to select and download episode 3, which is currently downloading, but episode 2 is a no go. Looking at the game of thrones within the ps4 library shows that there are 2 Addons consisting of episode 3 and the telltale bundle. Episode 1 and 2 seemed to have been downloaded as part of the initial bundle download and episode 3 is separate.

I'm confused.

I'be also gone into settings -> playstation network/account management -> restore licenses.
    After restoring my licenses, I powered off then on my ps4, launched the game... But still no luck. Episode two is not installed, even though the ps store confirms that it is installed. There are no options to redownload the game as GOT and the ps store are directly conflicting each other. Ps store says it's installed. Within the game, it says it's not!

I've tried to give as much details as could telltale mike. Please advise what I should try. I'm running out of options.

• Success!!! I got episode 2 working!

Ps4 -> library -> game of thrones -> scroll to the bottom to and select My Add-Ons -> click the down arrow next to the telltale bundle icon!

That will add episode 2 to the downloads list

Hoorah!

Tinytone posted: »

I'm experiencing similar problems on the ps4. I've bought the telltale bundle collection which includes game of thrones, walking dead 1 &

Thank you for providing the extra information on how you were able to resolve your particular issue. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

Tinytone posted: »

Success!!! I got episode 2 working! Ps4 -> library -> game of thrones -> scroll to the bottom to and select My Add-Ons -> cli

• OMG. I've been talking back and forth with support for over a month now because Tales from the Borderlands Episode 2 via Season Pass had the 'Purchased but not Downloaded' issue. THIS is what FINALLY fixed it for me.

My girlfriend was having the same issue on PS4. It was very easy to resolve. DO THIS: Select Settings > [PSN] > [Restore Licenses]. http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/license.html

This discussion has been closed.