TheWolfAmongUs.exe has Stopped Working

Yeah I got this game today I tried plating it and nothing works Please help!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/fve3qn

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. After looking over your Support Tool information, there does not seem to be an install directory set up for the game. Can you please clarify if you have the game installed to the default location on your local C:\ drive, or to a secondary hard drive?

• Well when I first downloaded the game I had tried to put it under D: drive. After that didn't work I uninstalled then re downloaded the game to C: drive. That doesn't work either, so yeah I don't know what to do..

After looking over your Support Tool information again, I noticed that you are currently using both an integrated Intel graphics card, as well as an Nvidia graphics card. I recommend making sure that your more powerful graphics card is enabled when attempting to play the game, and you should not get this error message again.

RedBatman posted: »

Well when I first downloaded the game I had tried to put it under drive. After that didn't work I uninstalled then re downloaded the game to C: drive. That doesn't work either, so yeah I don't know what to do..

• I have set the game to use the Nvidia card in my Nvidia control panel but still doesn't work. Unless I maybe doing something wrong.

After looking over your Support Tool information again, I noticed that you are currently using both an integrated Intel graphics card, as we

My apologies, below are a few more possible solutions:

1) Disable any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running on your computer, then start the game and see if it starts successfully.

2) Ensure you have the latest drivers for both your graphics card, and your computer’s BIOS

3) Restart your system

4) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.

5) Run the game As an Administrator.

6) Run the game in Compatibility Mode (right click on game’s icon, click properties, click compatibility tab , and we recommend running the game in Windows 98/ME ) (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game using a newly downloaded installer from the website.

If you still experience the issue after trying the above solutions, please run the Support Tool one more time after you have tried these, and post the download link to your new support tool information in a reply to this thread, and I will be able to assist you further.

I have set the game to use the Nvidia card in my Nvidia control panel but still doesn't work. Unless I maybe doing something wrong.

• Well I tried everything. The only thing I get is that I get to the main title screen then after it says click anywhere to begin well after I click it gives me the error. I'm on windows 8.1.

Can you please re-run the Support Tool file now that you have it installed to your C:\ drive? After receiving the new download link to your new Support Tool file, I will be able to look over your information, and assist you further.

Well I tried everything. The only thing I get is that I get to the main title screen then after it says click anywhere to begin well after I click it gives me the error. I'm on windows 8.1.

• I just purchased episode 2 and it won't download. It keep saying my device isn't connected to a network. Not true. I've tried turning off my iPad and restarting it and get the same message. PLZ HELP!

edited May 2015

If you are experiencing an issue downloading Episode 2 on an iOS device, please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7/8, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

Then after restarting your device, please reset the WiFi by turning the WiFi Settings Off, and back On again. Then try starting the game application again, and see if you are able to successfully download the second episode.

If the issue persists, please also try resetting your wireless network access point, or connecting to a different WiFi network, and see if that gives you a better connection with our servers, and allows you to download the episode successfully.

mudo12 posted: »

I just purchased episode 2 and it won't download. It keep saying my device isn't connected to a network. Not true. I've tried turning off my iPad and restarting it and get the same message. PLZ HELP!

• I finally managed to make the games work. I had to mess around more with my Nvidia settings. Thank you.

Thank you for providing the extra information on how you were able to resolve your issue. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

I finally managed to make the games work. I had to mess around more with my Nvidia settings. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.