Walking Dead 400 Days Download/Install Issues

edited May 2015 in Game Support

I'll try to keep this short.

-A while after it came out, I bought the Walking Dead Season 1 (the complete game) on a disk for my PS 3.

-Since The Walking Dead: 400 Days seems to be impossible to find on disk, I bought it through the PlayStation store (this is my first purchase through them).

-After doing this I followed their directions on how to get it on my PlayStation 3 and actually play it. I used: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4609 (To download yourself)

-I selected digital version when downloading. As I said before I do not have any disk for 400 Days. I waited while it downloaded and installed.

-It did not appear anywhere that I could find in the game section. I restarted my PlayStation, logged back into my account, and basically did everything I could think of but cannot find it anywhere.

-I downloaded it again because everyone online said it probably didn't download properly but this did nothing.

-Next I went on my Walking Dead Season 1 game and went to downloads. It said it was purchased but there was a "Get" button which I pressed and downloaded and installed the digital version a 3rd time using this method.

-STILL NOTHING!

-I went directly onto my completed game to the chapter that says 400 Days and downloaded and installed it a 4th time.

Now I have just read that I can only download a game that I bought a certain number of times before it is useless so I'm pretty pissed. I am hoping the problem is simple since I've never downloaded a game before. Any advice or help is welcome at this point but please say how certain you are since I really don't want to download this game again and loose my money. (Also step by step instructions would be helpful...I know very little)

Comments

• DON'T DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN
    I'm not tech support but you could try this.
    Put TWD S1 disk in your ps3, in the main menu look under Game and the walking dead S1 disc should be there. scroll through and see if you can find the walking dead 400 days in the menu (all of my downloaded games show up under Game)
    if its not there, start the walking dead season 1 disk game. when you go to the main menu select "play" or "episodes" and scroll through to the end that is where 400 days showed up for me.
    If you can't see it in either place or it prompts you to download it again definitely wait until you talk to tech support before downloading again

again, I'm not tech support. i hope this helps

• Thanks for replying I appreciate it but no these things do not work. The Walking Dead: 400 Days does not appear in the "Games" menu with or without Walking Dead Season 1 disc in. When I try to get on the actual Walking Dead Season 1 game if I go to downloads from that menu it says 400 Days is purchased but there is a "Get" button. If I go to my completed game and scroll to the end (to the 400 Days chapter) there is still a "Get" button.

DON'T DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN I'm not tech support but you could try this. Put TWD S1 disk in your ps3, in the main menu look under Game and the

• awww that sucks! Sorry I couldn't help I never had that problem. Hopefully telltale mike or support will get back to you soon

PetiteGeek posted: »

Thanks for replying I appreciate it but no these things do not work. The Walking Dead: 400 Days does not appear in the "Games" menu with or

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

@PetiteGeek I sincerely apologize for any difficulties this has caused you. If you have the original Disc Version of The Walking Dead: Season One that does not include 400 Days, you will need to download the Disc Version of 400 Days DLC that is available from the Playstation Store, and it will unlock inside the Disc Version of The Walking Dead: Season One. You will then be able to access it by selecting Play from the main menu, choosing the save slot you wish to use, then scrolling all the way to the right on the Chapter Select screen.

• @TelltaleMike I have a similar problem. I have the Complete First Season disk version for the PS4, but it doesn't give me the option to play 400 days, nor can I find it as separate DLC in the store. When I go to the "Complete First Season + 400 Days" in the PlayStation Store, it says it's already installed, but there doesn't seem to be any way to access the 400 Days content.

@PetiteGeek I sincerely apologize for any difficulties this has caused you. If you have the original Disc Version of The Walking Dead: Seaso

If you are playing the Physical Disc Version on PS4, it should already be included in the game disc. You can access it by selecting Play from the main menu, choosing the save slot you wish to use, then scrolling all the way to the right on the Chapter Select screen. If you do not see it in the Chapter Select screen, please make sure that you have started the game while connected to the internet to ensure you have received any updates available for the game.

@TelltaleMike I have a similar problem. I have the Complete First Season disk version for the PS4, but it doesn't give me the option to play

• I have a PlayStation 3. Is the same thing true? If so I will download the Disk Version.

Also what does this mean for the Walking Dead: Season 2. I have a playstation network gift card and, long story short, it makes far more sense for me to buy Season 2 this way. My question is: Can I download Season 2 instead of buying a disc? If I do will there be versions like there is for 400 Days? If so which one do I download? And will it still go off my Season 1 decisions if I don't buy a disc?

@PetiteGeek I sincerely apologize for any difficulties this has caused you. If you have the original Disc Version of The Walking Dead: Seaso

@PetiteGeek If you have the original Disc Version of The Walking Dead: Season One that does not include 400 Days, you will need to download the Disc Version of 400 Days DLC that is available from the Playstation Store, and it will unlock inside the Disc Version of The Walking Dead: Season One. You will then be able to access it by selecting Play from the main menu, choosing the save slot you wish to use, then scrolling all the way to the right on the Chapter Select screen.

Season Two digital download will be able to read your disc version Season One save files successfully. Please note that the Season Two game is a separate game, and once downloaded and installed, it will show up as a separate game from Season One. Once you start the game in Season Two, select the Play button, choose a save slot, and your Season One save files will begin importing automatically.

PetiteGeek posted: »

I have a PlayStation 3. Is the same thing true? If so I will download the Disk Version. Also what does this mean for the Walking Dead: Se

This discussion has been closed.