Thanks for more games on GOG, but where's the S&M Save The World patch?

Thanks a bunch (to whoever) for bringing Game of Thrones game series to GOG, and working to eventually bring The Walking Dead series and other Telltale games! :)

However, my understanding is that GOG's version of Sam & Max Save the World is still suffering from a nearly game-breaking bug that has been fixed in other versions of the game. According to http://www.gog.com/mix/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens, "GOG version suffers from a near game-breaking bug, Telltale flat-out refused to provide GOG with a patched version, despite selling a DRMed build without this bug on their own store."

Is there more to the story? If not, this seems pretty unprofessional.

Comments

• edited May 2015

ill get ya some help

• Lehfeels posted: »

ill get ya some help

• Thanks, hopefully - eventually - this gets fixed. :)

Lehfeels posted: »

@Jennifer @Ozzyuk

• edited May 2015

For anyone wondering, the bug is that one of the characters is invisible. You can still interact with her, and you can even make her appear by clicking on an unrelated section of the room.

It's pretty far from game-breaking, but it's still bad. The GOG thread about it is funny. Someone from GOG acknowledged the bug and said they were working with Telltale to get it fixed. That was in 2012, and the bug is still there.

• I'll move this to Support. Hopefully a Telltale staff member can assist you further.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

@tytbone I sincerely apologize for the delayed response. Unfortunately at this time we have not announced any plans to update the GOG version of the game. Currently, I encourage you to try the steps that @mosfet mentioned in order to progress further in the episode. I will however make sure to pass your interest in an update, along to the team!

• It is not a question of an "interest" it's a question of responsibility and having paid for a WORKING game with real money. This is simply unacceptable and another sign of the bad support I experienced from Telltalegames multiple times. Unbelievable!

@tytbone I sincerely apologize for the delayed response. Unfortunately at this time we have not announced any plans to update the GOG versio

This discussion has been closed.