Having problems download Episode 4 of Game of thrones

edited May 2015 in Game Support

Have a season pass but can't download episode 4 of Game of thrones for my PC. Any time I go to the episodes tab on my game it still says coming soon. I really don't know that much about computers expect for basic things like downloading and other stuff so can anyone help me?

Edit: I'm all good now! I just had to wait a little while (probably and hour or so) and it became available. Thank you for the advice!

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please first make sure that you have downloaded and installed the Latest Updated PC/Mac Patch. You should then be able to start the game while connected to the internet, and the Episode will update to show as available to download and play.

• I tried and followed the instructions twice but it still won't work. It even says the game is up to date.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please first make sure that you have downloaded and installed the Latest Updated PC/Mac Patch. You should

If Episode 4 is still showing as coming soon after updating the game with the latest PC Patch, please first make sure that you have disabled any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may interfere with the update/download completing successfully, then start the game again.

If the issue persists, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/87544/got-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

LadyAzzar posted: »

I tried and followed the instructions twice but it still won't work. It even says the game is up to date.

• Me too...I just get a black screen with the music playing after I press "click to begin" I've tried reinstalling it, but it's the same. No option to install a patch or anything, just blank :(

• I've got the same problem :(

ALIENANGIE posted: »

Me too...I just get a black screen with the music playing after I press "click to begin" I've tried reinstalling it, but it's the same. No option to install a patch or anything, just blank

• edited May 2015

My game says "up to date" when I tried the patch fix. Ep 4 is still listed as Coming soon. The game gets to "checking for DLC" then it crashes.

Attached link is support tool file
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/3r7g43

EDIT: For some reason this morning it allowed me to update and It plays fine. I did nothing different, it just works this morning. So all is good for me.

• I have a similar problem, I'm connected to the internet, I go into my game, it just says episode 4 coming soon. I already installed the patch for episode 2, not really sure what to do now?

• I'm having the same problem on ps4. I've installed the update, I bought a season pass when the series started, and it still only says 'coming soon' when I try to play Sons of Winter. I'm in the UK but I don't think that's the issue given it's been out a couple of days now.

• Same problem for me on PS4. Still says "coming soon" and it's the 28th of May

• It says "Episode 5: Sons of Winter is now available" then when I go to 'Episodes' and 'Play' it says 'Coming Soon'. Not sure what to do???

jhwatson posted: »

Same problem for me on PS4. Still says "coming soon" and it's the 28th of May

• This is the same thing happening to me. On the title screen it says new episode avalible but when I hit play it says coming soon ( ps4 version) any chance of a fix?

jhwatson posted: »

It says "Episode 5: Sons of Winter is now available" then when I go to 'Episodes' and 'Play' it says 'Coming Soon'. Not sure what to do???

• Just downloaded the the season pass but still it says sons of winter is coming soon and I'm playing on PS3 ! Telltale, you better fix this problem because we've paid for it to work. Fix it!!

• Same problem here on EU PS4. Ingame it says Episode now available, but when I try to actually play the damn thing, it claims the episode is not available yet. I'm seriously disappointed with Telltale...

• Never mind. Apparently I needed to manually download it from the store, even though that hadn't been the case with the past episodes.

Moorhouse posted: »

Same problem here on EU PS4. Ingame it says Episode now available, but when I try to actually play the damn thing, it claims the episode is not available yet. I'm seriously disappointed with Telltale...

• Well, we are paying for it ! I was so excited that the 4th episode was gonna be released. Now I am extremely disappointed in telltale. Are you guys doing this to get people angry or what's the problem? If I were you guys I would fix this as soon as someone found out it didn't work. Thank u

Moorhouse posted: »

Never mind. Apparently I needed to manually download it from the store, even though that hadn't been the case with the past episodes.

• Any updates, everyone else still having troubles? Pretty disappointed, the reason you buy a season pass is to get the episodes as soon as they come out without any of the hassle. Is this just a problem for players in Europe? I'm based in the UK.

• Work

RyansUpp posted: »

I'm in Sweden, still having problems with it. The strange thing is if you enter ps network it says : download the season pass and gain entrance to episode 4... Still didn't wr

• I'm in Sweden, still having problems with it. The strange thing is if you enter ps network it says : download the season pass and gain entrance to episode 4... Still didn't wr

ARL26 posted: »

Any updates, everyone else still having troubles? Pretty disappointed, the reason you buy a season pass is to get the episodes as soon as they come out without any of the hassle. Is this just a problem for players in Europe? I'm based in the UK.

• edited May 2015

Since the second episodes I've been having issues with this game. I had to uninstall and reinstall the game to be able to play each episodes and now again with episode 4 there are still problem. I'm disappointed and if you can't help me, then it'll really be my last game with telltale. It's a shame, because I loved all of your games up till date, but this one is such frustrating to make work that I don't want to pay for game with issues. Hope you find the problem : https://www.sendspace.com/file/rsuhmg

If Episode 4 is still showing as coming soon after updating the game with the latest PC Patch, please first make sure that you have disabled

• I´ve the same problem too :(. Pls Telltale fix it.

I've got the same problem

@ALIENANGIE @Short_Zomb1e @Foundway Can you please clarify what platform you are currently playing the game on? We have made a server side fix for this issue on PC/Mac. Please close/exit out of the game completely, then also make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest Updated Critical PC/Mac Patch available for the game. After it has been installed, then start the game again, and you should be able to start the game successfully, and download the new episode and play the game.

Me too...I just get a black screen with the music playing after I press "click to begin" I've tried reinstalling it, but it's the same. No option to install a patch or anything, just blank

If you are currently in Europe on PS3, please note that Episode 4 will release in your region tomorrow, Friday May 29th. If you are playing on a PS4 in Europe, you should be able to successfully download the episode now. If you are experiencing any issues with downloading the episode from in-game, please also try these two alternative methods for downloading the episode:

1) Download the Episode from the Playstation Store by searching for 'Game of Thrones' then going to the Add-Ons list in the Store Page, and Episode 3 should show up on that list.

2) Go to the Playstation Store Website, do a search for 'Game of Thrones' and download the episode remotely from a computer, to your PS4.

Please try downloading the episode using the above methods, and see if you are able to successfully download, install, and play it.

• edited May 2015

I'm running the Telltale Store version of GoT. I recently did some upgrades to my computer and ended up with a fresh install of Windows. I saved my old Telltale folder and transferred it over. So I reinstalled GoT and it runs fine, detects my saves and shows that episodes 2 and 3 are installed.

BUT, it still says that episode 4 is Coming Soon! for me.

I tried installing that patch but it told me that GoT is up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: On a whim, I relaunched the game just now and was able to download the episode. Weird!

• I tried on my laptop. That patch has already been installed and it still doesn't work. I gave up and decided to wait till I could get it on my iPad today. And no joy. It downloads to 99% then fails. I've uninstalled, reinstalled that many times....I'm thoroughly fed up. I've paid for 2 season passes on two entirely different systems, and I still can't play it. Not a happy bunny!

@ALIENANGIE @Short_Zomb1e @Foundway Can you please clarify what platform you are currently playing the game on? We have made a server side f

• Ok. I'm about ready to give up on ever buying a TT game again. Yes they're good. But if this is going to keep happening. As I still can't freaking play...then I'll just watch the playthroughs on YouTube.
    Thoroughly peed off...

I tried on my laptop. That patch has already been installed and it still doesn't work. I gave up and decided to wait till I could get it on

• Still nothing on either laptop or iPad! Not happy at all...

If you are currently experiencing a black screen with game sounds/music playing after you have installed the latest updated PC/Mac Patch, please also try switching the game to Windowed Mode using the shortcut (Alt+Enter for PC, Command+F for Mac) and see if you are then able to see the game correctly. If so, please then try changing the game's resolution and/or graphics settings to a lower setting, and click Apply. Then try switching back to Full Screen Mode by using the same shortcut, and your issue should then be resolved.

Ok. I'm about ready to give up on ever buying a TT game again. Yes they're good. But if this is going to keep happening. As I still can't freaking play...then I'll just watch the playthroughs on YouTube. Thoroughly peed off...

• edited May 2015

Cant get it running.
    Since Ep3 my PS3 crashes when I try to start the game. I deinstalled it. Reinstalled it. No difference. The game wont start.
    I waited until Ep4 came out and downloaded Ep1 and it worked. From there I downladed episodes 1-3 with no problems. Then I downladed episode 4 and my ps3 crashes. Black screen is the result. I went to the ps3 store and downladed ep4 from there. Started the game = black screen.
    Edit:
    Had to delete my savegame to get it running.

• Bullshit, sinceriously. Still no awnsers. Since the beginning this game didn't work well, Yo TelltaleMike ! I want a refund how do I do that tell me ?

If you are currently experiencing this issue on PC/Mac, we have made a server side fix for this issue. Please close/exit out of the game completely, then also make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest Updated Critical PC/Mac Patch available for the game. After it has been installed, then start the game again, and you should be able to start the game successfully, and download the new episode/play the game.

If you are experiencing a black screen issue on PS3, please refer to This Thread, as we are currently looking into the issue, and hope to have more information soon.

• Exactly the same situation for us. EVERY SINGLE EPISODE we have difficulties, we have to faff around deleting files or installing patches and it takes about six goes to get it to work. And we have to now download a quarter of a gig patch just to download the next episode?

ChefN1ck posted: »

Since the second episodes I've been having issues with this game. I had to uninstall and reinstall the game to be able to play each episodes

• Help! Can't download episode 4. It still says "Coming soon".
    Support tool info
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/98bctt

After looking over your Support Tool information, it appears that you have a custom file path that the game is installed to. If you are still seeing Episode 4 as coming soon in-game after downloading and installing the latest Updated Critical PC/Mac Patch available for the game, I recommend try reinstalling the game to the default file path, then start the game again while connected to the internet, install the Updated PC/Mac Patch, then start the game again, and Episode 4 should update to show as available to download and play in-game.

Grossmann posted: »

Help! Can't download episode 4. It still says "Coming soon". Support tool info https://www.sendspace.com/file/98bctt

This discussion has been closed.