The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Wont Start

Hello, I just purchased Season 2 of the walking dead through steam and I cannot get it to start.

If I click on the game through steam it does nothing, no black screen, nothing at all it just doesn't open. If I open up the steamapps folder and click on the .exe file it gives me an (0xc000007b) error.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game through steam.

I have ran Direct X installer

I have ran a repair on .net framework 4.5

I have checked compatibility mode and tried running it in compatibility mode through windows.

I have verified the game cache.

Here is a download link for the support tool.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/13eldq

Comments

• FWIW, I was having this problem with a few different games I downloaded on Steam. I was beginning to think it was a problem with my PC so I reinstalled Windows (actually upgraded to Windows 10) and I redownloaded this game. It works fine now.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I sincerely apologize for any difficulties this caused you. Thank you for providing the extra information on how you were able to resolve your issue. I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

xCaZx posted: »

FWIW, I was having this problem with a few different games I downloaded on Steam. I was beginning to think it was a problem with my PC so I reinstalled Windows (actually upgraded to Windows 10) and I redownloaded this game. It works fine now.

This discussion has been closed.