Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Alt text

Basically my first reaction seeing them...

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I still find it funny that even in an alternate universe Brooke can't get Warren.

Mat_Den96 posted: »

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2015

I just grabbed Life is Strange because it was on sale on Steam. I've been putting it off because all of the reviews mention that the writing isn't very good (at least in the reviews I read of the first episode). They are right that some of the slang is forced and sounds unnatural, but the whole drama dealing with abuse is so well written, it's like how everyone says not to play Depression Quest if you're depressed. The story hits home too much for me, with Chloe's mom's boyfriend hitting her, and her getting a drug put in her drink, and bullies beating on kids while the teachers do nothing. It brings back too many bad memories, and I'm not exactly in the best frame of mind now with my childhood friend dying back in March.

I really like the game so far, but I really don't think I can keep playing (at least not until I myself in a better place emotionally) if the story goes on like this. Is this the harshest things get as far as abuse goes, or does it get worse?

• Replace shipped with I wanted you and that would be my reaction.

• edited June 2015

I would like to say that the suicide attempt of Kate's and Chloe becoming condemned to a wheelchair in the AU is as harsh as it gets, but there's still two episodes left to see if that's true. At least with the rewind power, we can at least prevent some of the harsh things going on from happening.

And, It's nice to see another gamer that's started playing the game. So, what were some of the major decisions you made in the game, and your perspective on Max and Chloe's relationship?

Jennifer posted: »

I just grabbed Life is Strange because it was on sale on Steam. I've been putting it off because all of the reviews mention that the writin

• edited June 2015

I wasn't completely for sure on kissing Chloe...But Shia LaBeouf was just so inspirational I couldn't bring myself to not do it.

Shia Labeouf Encourages Max to Kiss Chloe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg5Q1hbMuDc

• In both timelines it hasn't happened. Sorry Max but your ship is sinking so far in all timelines.

• Is this the harshest things get as far as abuse goes, or does it get worse?

It must be said, episode 2 in particular, goes to some pretty dark places. You do have a chance to do some good, however.

I just grabbed Life is Strange because it was on sale on Steam. I've been putting it off because all of the reviews mention that the writin

• even in an alternate universe Brooke can't get Warren.

Alt text

dojo32161 posted: »

I still find it funny that even in an alternate universe Brooke can't get Warren.

• Alt text Alt text Alt text Alt text Alt text Alt text Alt text
    Another amazing screenshot from deadendthrills.Can't wait episode 3's ones.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2015

I decided to take the plunge and play through episode 2 and 3. 2 did indeed get a bit grim, but I'm really glad I played through it.

Neither of the two latter episodes effected me like the first episode did (as that one was the set up for the situation, and all of the harshness of Blackwell was put front and center all at once, whereas in the other episodes the abuse wasn't happening in just about every act, so it was much easier for me to take).

The third episode was amazing. I really like the direction the story's heading, as it has a very Butterfly Effect feel to it. I'm really excited to see where it goes from here.

I don't really like the drag to select an action system, but everything else about the episodes so far have been excellent. They're really building on the Telltale formula in the right ways in my opinion (there's puzzles, and exploration, and the invisible barriers are more realistically implemented than in Telltale's games).

ClemRanger posted: »

Is this the harshest things get as far as abuse goes, or does it get worse? It must be said, episode 2 in particular, goes to some pretty dark places. You do have a chance to do some good, however.

• I personally feel that the writing gets better as the story goes. Also one of the main attraction for me, is the setting and the soundtrack is very...let's say very good? It is hard to describe it, but there is a innocence with the setting and the soundtrack that really touch me.

• edited June 2015

Max's model does not have bones on her hair... How in the world did they animate it in-game?!

EDIT: meant to be a reply above v_v

• That was me too xD

• This... is an impossible shot. How the hell did Max's hair moved?! And that beautiful eyes!

Alt text

Another amazing screenshot from deadendthrills.Can't wait episode 3's ones.

• It can i even got Max hair moving in her face in Chloe's room ep1,press running in her room and look only at her hair from face.

This... is an impossible shot. How the hell did Max's hair moved?! And that beautiful eyes!

• There are some times in-game where Max's hair flops about, but last time I checked, her hair doesn't have any rigging.

This... is an impossible shot. How the hell did Max's hair moved?! And that beautiful eyes!

• edited June 2015

It is a effect idk.....but i know it is in game,only when you move fast or the wind....by ep4 menu we'll see Max hair moving we have to with that strong wind.

Max's model does not have bones on her hair... How in the world did they animate it in-game?! EDIT: meant to be a reply above v_v

• I think it must be morphs.

Rarely any game uses that but it's common with anime-styled games.

It is a effect idk.....but i know it is in game,only when you move fast or the wind....by ep4 menu we'll see Max hair moving we have to with that strong wind.

• What do you expect but it is really cool.Also what you tried to swap?It isn't working anymore the swap between protagonist with a another character it ***** all game and this is why is keep crashing.

I think it must be morphs. Rarely any game uses that but it's common with anime-styled games.

• edited June 2015

Anyone would like this song for episode 4 ?

further

• I know I suck at drawing, but... I can't deny my love to Life is Strange, so I made this thing <3

Alt text

• So, KR0NPR1NZ made this, http://kr0npr1nz.deviantart.com/art/Max-and-Chloe-Selfie-540843969

http://kr0npr1nz.deviantart.com/art/Max-and-Chloe-Selfie-540843969

So I was inspired to make this,

Alt text

• edited June 2015

Glad to see we aren't gonna be forced into a love relationship with Chloe. Now hopefully the alt timeline will make her likeable, that way I can stop wishing for an option to not be her friend at all.

• edited June 2015

Pretty much

dojo32161 posted: »

Glad I'm not on the road to love, now if I could only find a way to not be her friend (in the original time line of course if she's nicer in the new time line I'd love to stay there).

• edited June 2015

I don't really know what I will choose.. I might just go for a REALLY REALLY strong friendship.. Since I think that Friendship and love are basically the same thing if you have known the person long enough. Max and Chloe clearly already "Love" each other but if its in the best friend kind of way.. or romance way.. thats our choice..

In the end I might just go "Screw it" and chose love if the moment feels right.

• guys what happens when you ship both max/chloe and max/warren :P

• Well then you get the ultimate threesome.

TheCatWolf posted: »

guys what happens when you ship both max/chloe and max/warren :P

• Full credit to Reddit user strangimation.

Original Link

Alt text

• Took me a few times to notice Chloe behind the tree XD

Full credit to Reddit user strangimation. Original Link

• Love the way Max scoots over xD

• Threesome ending confirmed then.

Well then you get the ultimate threesome.

• Hella xD

• Alt text

Well then you get the ultimate threesome.

• CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!

Plus jelly Chloe behind the tree. Lol

• So cute ^^

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.