Walking Dead language changes

When I started playing episode 3, the language of all the text started changing and it won't go away. It rotates through French, German, Spanish, and English. The English is rare though. I've made sure all other applications were closed, I restarted the app, I rewound chapters, I restarted the episode , it hasn't mattered. It fixes the issue for literally maybe 3 lines of dialogue before it switches languages again. I also see that this issue has been around for a year because other people have complained.

Is there seriously not a way to fix this once and for all? I hate paying $15 for a game that I can understand much less than half of the time. I can't make any decisions because I don't know what the text says. This is immensely frustrating. I started episode 4 and it's still there, it starts in another language. Please help. I have an Acer tablet, if that's helpful.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

My apologies, can you please clarify what language you currently have your tablet set to? Also, was your tablet set to English when you downloaded and installed the game? Is your tablet currently rooted, or have any third-party ROMs installed on it?

• Thank you for your quick response. It is set to English and it was when I downloaded the app. I don't believe my tablet is rooted or has any 3rd party ROMs. I've only ever installed some games on it, I don't use it for anything else. The issue has actually lessened a little and wasn't really present for episode 5, but the 400 Days bonus episode immediately started with French subtitles and options. It's very strange how it switches back to English and then cycles through other languages. Sometimes it lasts a few minutes, sometimes it persists through chapters.

My apologies, can you please clarify what language you currently have your tablet set to? Also, was your tablet set to English when you downloaded and installed the game? Is your tablet currently rooted, or have any third-party ROMs installed on it?

edited July 2015

Could you please calrify what Acer Android tablet you are using in particular, and what Android OS it is currently updated to?

Edit: Also, could you please clarify what country/region you are currently located in?

Thank you for your quick response. It is set to English and it was when I downloaded the app. I don't believe my tablet is rooted or has any

• Hi There

I bought Season 1 pass from google play store aswell recently after playing first free episode (as I loved it that much) . First time spending funds on a mobile game and episode 2 on wards has the same issue as listed above, where the choices to make are not in English and I have no idea the choices I am making .

Im using a S3 and have the latest version of the game . No 3rd party. My current Android version is 4.3 and current software version is I93000XXUGNA8

Any solutions as I love the walking dead and want to play this really badly.

Thank you
    TyroneJ

My apologies @tyronej, could you please clarify what country/region you are currently located in? Also, what is your device's language currently set to?

tyronej posted: »

Hi There I bought Season 1 pass from google play store aswell recently after playing first free episode (as I loved it that much) . First

• Mike, it is an Acer Iconia A1-830 and it has Android version 4.2.2. I live in the USA, in North Carolina.

Could you please calrify what Acer Android tablet you are using in particular, and what Android OS it is currently updated to? Edit: Also, could you please clarify what country/region you are currently located in?

• Hey there.

Sorry about the delay.

Im from south africa and have my language set to English uk. And the game does start in english and everything but the choises you got to select change when playing

My apologies @tyronej, could you please clarify what country/region you are currently located in? Also, what is your device's language currently set to?

Thank you for providing the extra information about your current setup, I will make sure to pass it along to the team for further investigation. Unfortunately at this time I do not have any potential solutions to resolve your particular issue. Do you currently use any apps on your device that utilize other languages, or do you possibly have a Google Play account registered in a different region?

Mike, it is an Acer Iconia A1-830 and it has Android version 4.2.2. I live in the USA, in North Carolina.

• edited July 2015

Hello,

I've recently purchased the season pass. With Episode 2 everything worked fine. Shortly after starting Episode 3 the written language changed from German to Spanish (I think it is Spanish). Sometimes when I rewind chapters it works again, sometimes not.
    My device language and everything else is set to German (country: Germany)
    Device Samsung Tab 3 (GT-P5210) / Android 4.2.2

I would really appreciate if the problem could be fixed, since it is unplayable in that state.

Could you please clarify if your tablet is currently rooted, or has any third-party ROMs installed on it? Also, do you have any other apps installed on your device currently that uses other languages?

Augustin1 posted: »

Hello, I've recently purchased the season pass. With Episode 2 everything worked fine. Shortly after starting Episode 3 the written langu

• Can you please provide me with anything? Not even a comment back? I paid the same price as anyone else here? Please guys, I really wana enjoy the game without this issue.

My apologies, thank you for the information. Unfortuantely I do not have any updates on the issue at this time. Do you currently use any apps on your device that utilize other languages, or do you possibly have a Google Play account registered in a different region?

Can you please provide me with anything? Not even a comment back? I paid the same price as anyone else here? Please guys, I really wana enjoy the game without this issue.

• What do you mean by 'rooted' ?
    There are no third-party ROMs installed.
    Certainly, there are other apps installed, yet all of them use German, or, if programmed that way, English.
    The problem only appeared in Episode 3, Episode 1 and 2 worked fine. Between installing Episodes 2 and 3 I haven't made any changes to the tablet.

Could you please clarify if your tablet is currently rooted, or has any third-party ROMs installed on it? Also, do you have any other apps installed on your device currently that uses other languages?

Thank you for providing the extra information. I will make sure to update the team for further investigation. Unfortunately at this time my only other potential solutions would be to try deleting and redownloading the episode to your device, and see if your issue is then resolved.

Augustin1 posted: »

What do you mean by 'rooted' ? There are no third-party ROMs installed. Certainly, there are other apps installed, yet all of them use Ger

• No , all my device apps have English as the default language and My google play account is South Africa region.

I think its more of a bug as it starts in English and any slight screen change triggers it to change to either Spanish or French.

My apologies, thank you for the information. Unfortuantely I do not have any updates on the issue at this time. Do you currently use any app

• Apologies for the lateness, I only have one Google Play account and it is in English. All my tablet apps are also in English so that shouldn't be a part of the problem. I purchased, and played every episode of Season 2 once through and I had no language issues with it yet, so whatever the problem is, it is only occurring with Season 1. Thank you for trying to assist. I'll just deal with the issue for now.

Thank you for providing the extra information about your current setup, I will make sure to pass it along to the team for further investigat

Thank you for providing the extra information. I will make sure to pass it along to the team for investigation.

Apologies for the lateness, I only have one Google Play account and it is in English. All my tablet apps are also in English so that shouldn

Thank you for providing the extra information. I will make sure to pass it along to the team for further investigation.

No , all my device apps have English as the default language and My google play account is South Africa region. I think its more of a bug as it starts in English and any slight screen change triggers it to change to either Spanish or French.

This discussion has been closed.