Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Same here I definetly think it's better than GOT and alot of games this year, but I don't know if I'd say it's the best game of the year, but it's definitely in my top 5. I liked Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight, and Tales From The Borderlands a little bit more. Life is Strange is probably my 4th favorite or tied for 3rd. I don't know I go back and forth on games alot lol.

dojo32161 posted: »

I do somewhat agree with Shubb, I'm not too sure this is a "best game of the year" game, but it's still nice and I prefer it to GOT, but there are quite a few games that I would rate higher than LiS this year.

• Episode 1: 4/10

Episode 2: 3/10

And the only reason I gave Episode 2 a 3 is solely because of Kate, that was literally the only saving grace of this episode.

Completely agree with you on everything except the episode part. Imo I would give Ep1 a 6, Ep2 a 7.5, and Ep3 a 5. And Ep2 that mainly because that's when Kate's story really blooms

• edited July 2015

No.

It's for Episode 5.

For Episode 4 already finished.

Alt text

There was nothing to be predicted,a predict it's like this i bet we will visit beach.That it isn't a predict because it was confirmed either

• because it was confirmed either by preview of episode 4

Was it? Cause in my opinion that preview doesn't prove anything. Just because Max is wearing the same clothes of the original timeline doesn't mean we're in the original timeline. But yeah, I think we'll come back.

There was nothing to be predicted,a predict it's like this i bet we will visit beach.That it isn't a predict because it was confirmed either

• I agree that TWD and Telltale of course > LIS and Dontnod.

TWD - my favorite game forever.

LIS in second stage for me.

But LIS almost amazing and awesome like Telltale.

I want play their game more and more :)

Same here I definetly think it's better than GOT and alot of games this year, but I don't know if I'd say it's the best game of the year, b

• edited July 2015

You're right, Thrones is on a much higher league. Life is Strange is OK at best.

Please GOT isn't even in the same league. GOT is ok at best.

• I knew that.I even mentioned up to op.

Karnedg2013 posted: »

No. It's for Episode 5. For Episode 4 already finished.

• Plus i predict that we will be in begining of the episode 5 in a new place.

No. It's for Episode 5. For Episode 4 already finished.

• Chloe's car at beach,logic it's normal timeline.

TheCatWolf posted: »

because it was confirmed either by preview of episode 4 Was it? Cause in my opinion that preview doesn't prove anything. Just becaus

• Dontnod isn't that big,but they're really releasing the episodes around 6-8 weeks,ik it isn't a good lip sync,but in a few years they should be big like ttg,and then we might have seriously consequences.

I agree that TWD and Telltale of course > LIS and Dontnod. TWD - my favorite game forever. LIS in second stage for me. But LIS almost amazing and awesome like Telltale. I want play their game more and more

• Telltale groving up too.

They are the first.

They are getting better and better.

But Dontnod do amazing job too. They're my second favorite studio :)

Dontnod isn't that big,but they're really releasing the episodes around 6-8 weeks,ik it isn't a good lip sync,but in a few years they should be big like ttg,and then we might have seriously consequences.

• What's OP?

I knew that.I even mentioned up to op.

• I really don't get how anyone could think that this is better than the Witcher 3 (or Arkham Knight and the Telltale games, but TW3 especially). It's mediocre at best.

"Life Is Strange" in list BEST games 2015!

• How can you compare Witcher 3 with Life is Strange? Witcher 3 is a action RPG and Life is Strange is a interactive drama graphic adventure point and click game. They have nothing in common. It's like comparing Game of Thrones with Fifa 2015...

I really don't get how anyone could think that this is better than the Witcher 3 (or Arkham Knight and the Telltale games, but TW3 especially). It's mediocre at best.

• How can you compare Witcher 3 with Life is Strange?

Simple, they can both be considered contenders as GOTY for 2015, therefore they can both be compared.

How can you compare Witcher 3 with Life is Strange? Witcher 3 is a action RPG and Life is Strange is a interactive drama graphic adventure point and click game. They have nothing in common. It's like comparing Game of Thrones with Fifa 2015...

• But that's the episode 4 photos right? I'm only talking about the preview :P

Chloe's car at beach,logic it's normal timeline.

• The story beats GoT and TWDS1 combined.

Totally agree with this.

• how can you compare call of duty with life is strange

Green613 posted: »

How can you compare Witcher 3 with Life is Strange? Simple, they can both be considered contenders as GOTY for 2015, therefore they can both be compared.

• edited July 2015

Well... they have something familar - they BOTH games.

Crydog posted: »

how can you compare call of duty with life is strange

• In my opinion TWD > LIS

The story beats GoT and TWDS1 combined. Totally agree with this.

• edited July 2015

This article did, so I should be able too. Both may end up competing against each other for GOTY later on, so naturally people should be able to choose which they personally think is better. Also both deal heavily in choice and consequence and storytelling, something TW3 is considerably better at than LiS.

How can you compare Witcher 3 with Life is Strange? Witcher 3 is a action RPG and Life is Strange is a interactive drama graphic adventure point and click game. They have nothing in common. It's like comparing Game of Thrones with Fifa 2015...

• So... we should be getting an update soon, right?

• I think so. It's been what, 6 weeks?

So... we should be getting an update soon, right?

• Wait...they ranked the Order as #2 on that list?

...as in better than The Witcher 3?!

What the hell were they smoking?

• Life is Strange is great, but compared to Telltale's other games out right now (GoT and Tales From The Borderlands) it doesn't really stand a chance for Game Of the Year for me, unless it does something REALLY big It'll just be sitting on the side with Kentucky Route Zero (which still hasn't finished GWAH!)

• Imo it's meh, just really depends on what you're taste in games and stories in general are. A lot of people love it though, if you couldn't tell by this thread.

• So Rumour is the episode is coming next week?

• TWD is shit because Kenny is there.

In my opinion TWD > LIS

• No,7th July it isn't the release date of life is strange episode 4 dark room,from what i've seen in script says mid July,reddit says the same,dontnod keeps telling the each episode is aimed after 8 weeks,and a patch it's ready to be released right now but they don't,and ik what it contains the patch bug fixes and preparations for episode 4.Think about it May 13:Photo,concept art of ep3 18 May:Trailer 19 May:Release,we had by now a concept art and a photo from episode 4.So episode 4 of the dark room is coming out on 14th July,why it would be in script aka config,lis twitter and reddit?

Legendary12 posted: »

So Rumour is the episode is coming next week?

• Main comment

Glad Chloe's okay in ep5 :d I know this is episode 5 motion capture by this twitter confirmed that

motion capture for ep4 was done on 8 April

What's OP?

• Me too.In lis we really have consequences even if they're little,it affects in a about 7-12 things.

The story beats GoT and TWDS1 combined. Totally agree with this.

• Every game is both games.

Well... they have something familar - they BOTH games.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Just remember to prepare yourself for some pretty bad dialog and some cringey voice acting at times, if you can get past that you might enjoy it.

• Kate voice acting on the rooftop was pretty bad

dojo32161 posted: »

Just remember to prepare yourself for some pretty bad dialog and some cringey voice acting at times, if you can get past that you might enjoy it.

• edited July 2015

If you are in the teenager age range you will relate to this game a lot and enjoy it!. Too young or too old you will be like "wtf is this?" I think its up there with one of the best stories to date.

• No, that was the writer's fault, not the voice actor. The dialogue was clunky and contradictory.

Kate voice acting on the rooftop was pretty bad

• That's what I thought the story of this game was supposed to be, but you don't really start any investigating until like the third episode. Episode 2 is pretty much more of the same of Episode 1, a bunch of high school drama bullshit and testing our powers out, AGAIN! I will say Episode 3 does better, but it still gets bogged down by the same bullshit that plagued the first two episodes, but at least there's some investigating.

• edited July 2015

This game isn't structured like telltale. Think about what happens In one episode of TWD..Beginning, action/development, Cliffhanger Now imagine instead of that in one episode, It's spread across 5 episodes. LIS takes more time to get to it and focuses more on character relationships, Ep 3 is my favourite for now. But yea, don't expect too much action, more teenage drama then anything else.

Main comment Glad Chloe's okay in ep5 :d I know this is episode 5 motion capture by this twitter confirmed that https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/status/585861903060226051 motion capture for ep4 was done on 8 April

• Many older people enjoy the game. It fits for all ages. For teenagers - look at the situation in which they currently staying on the other hand, adults - to get nostalgic and enjoy as well

Legendary12 posted: »

If you are in the teenager age range you will relate to this game a lot and enjoy it!. Too young or too old you will be like "wtf is this?" I think its up there with one of the best stories to date.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.