STEVE should be on the new storymode game

Should'nt Steve be a part of this new game it makes sense because he is awesome and he is the protagonist.....tell me what you think tho...he should definitely be the main character and if not the main character at least someone they meet along the journey........

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Nah, Telltale have already said that Steve won't make an appearance,

• I'm not going to say anything about the spelling....

But, no. They've said he won't be involved, as Dojo also said.

• edited July 2015

Yes Steve should be apart of this game.

Unless we want endless mute jokes. ;)

• I feel telltale making they're own characters was a smarter choice in my opinion

• They already said no.

• yeah sorry was in a hurry...

Lewsblake23 posted: »

I'm not going to say anything about the spelling.... But, no. They've said he won't be involved, as Dojo also said.

• finaly someone who think he should be in the game :D

Clord posted: »

Yes Steve should be apart of this game. Unless we want endless mute jokes.

• i know they said he wont be in it but if we could convince them at least to make him and side charecter...

dojo32161 posted: »

Nah, Telltale have already said that Steve won't make an appearance,

• Eh, no biggie.

TSSan1ty posted: »

yeah sorry was in a hurry...

• I don't see any point to him being in it, his character literally is no one, just a physical appearance.

• Nah, Steve need time apart from this thing.

Personally I wouldn't mind as long it's not a silent protagonist or even protagonist.

TSSan1ty posted: »

finaly someone who think he should be in the game

• edited July 2015

I have one question...why is his name "steve"? He doesnt even look like a steve! :P

• I don't really see him as a mute because of Minecraft Beta. Of course it was jusst a damage noise, but still.

Clord posted: »

Yes Steve should be apart of this game. Unless we want endless mute jokes.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2015

Steve may not be in it (although I don't ever remember Telltale or Mojang ever outright saying he wouldn't be in it in a cameo fashion, just that the story wouldn't be about him), but I would be really surprised if he wasn't referenced in some way. Telltale always tends to have references to the original source material in their games, so I'm sure the same will continue in Minecraft: Story Mode.

• Steve isn't really the protagonist though, is he?

• I hope not.

Steve isn't really the protagonist though, is he?

He's not (at least in Minecraft: Story Mode, but when TSSan1ty was referring to him as protagonist he meant Minecraft, and he is the default skin in that game, so you could call him the protagonist there). A character named Jesse (played by Patton Oswalt) is the main protagonist in Minecraft: Story Mode.

Steve isn't really the protagonist though, is he?

• Oh I know all of that Jen, I should have been the specific. I meant he isn't really the protagonist of the original Minecraft because not everyone has him as their skin.

Jennifer posted: »

He's not (at least in Minecraft: Story Mode, but when TSSan1ty was referring to him as protagonist he meant Minecraft, and he is the default

edited July 2015

He is one of the protagonists though (since he is a playable skin), so calling him the protagonist isn't really wrong (just as it wouldn't be wrong to say that Wren is the protaganist of Costume Quest, even though many players played as Reynold instead).

Oh I know all of that Jen, I should have been the specific. I meant he isn't really the protagonist of the original Minecraft because not everyone has him as their skin.

• Actually, I recall his name to MIGHT be Steve.

So if you buy a figure of him, the box says "Steve?"

Smellmeh posted: »

I have one question...why is his name "steve"? He doesnt even look like a steve! :P

• Who knows maybe in season 2 the gang will meet Steve and he will become a part of the group or something that would be a good idea

• There's no guarantee that a season 2 will happen, just so you know.

Who knows maybe in season 2 the gang will meet Steve and he will become a part of the group or something that would be a good idea

• Thats what im thinking ALL. THE TIME!!! We dont even know there will be a season 2! :P

There's no guarantee that a season 2 will happen, just so you know.

• yah ur right but would that be a good idea

There's no guarantee that a season 2 will happen, just so you know.

• If the game doesn't suck, then yes.

yah ur right but would that be a good idea

• Hard to say if that'll be a good idea if we don't even know anything about the game or story and how it'll progress.

yah ur right but would that be a good idea

• Well, a lot mute characters do pain, jump etc noises because they are not "literally mute" in lore.

I don't really see him as a mute because of Minecraft Beta. Of course it was jusst a damage noise, but still.

• forget steve i want herobrine

• It would be neat if they gave Steve a cameo appearance. But I think they are taking the right approach by not creating an story for Steve.

• It would be nice to see steve at the end of episode 5, like maybe spawning on a beach and the narrator saying "The rest is up to you." or something cool like that.

• Please don't bump old threads.

Thanks!

It would be nice to see steve at the end of episode 5, like maybe spawning on a beach and the narrator saying "The rest is up to you." or something cool like that.

This discussion has been closed.