Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I'm guessing it's audio from episode 5 that they added to the trailer for dramatic effect as he doesn't say that in any part of episode 4 and there is also no sign of the storm.

I'm also curious about another scene in the trailer with Nathan where he freaks out and says "The storm is coming your all going to die". Is that what happens when you stop Warren from beating him up?

• edited July 2015

He does say 'you're all going to die' if I remember correctly, if you stop warren, just nothing about a storm

OzzyUK posted: »

I'm guessing it's audio from episode 5 that they added to the trailer for dramatic effect as he doesn't say that in any part of episode 4 and there is also no sign of the storm.

• I think that Nathan is just being framed and his "explosive" nature doesn't help the matters.

• OH MY FACKING GOD!!! so many feels right now, chloe T.T

Jefferson you dick

• I think that Nathan just has the thing for kidnapping the girls and taking all those odd photos. I have to play the episode again but I think that Nathan is not even aware that Rachel is dead and thinks she run off. During some of the earlier epsiodes it was hinted that Jefferson and Rachel had a thing going on, he probably killed her and made it look like it was part of Nathans work.

Clord posted: »

I think that Nathan is just being framed and his "explosive" nature doesn't help the matters.

• edited July 2015

Decent episode, pretty depressing and dark throughout but good.

Those puzzles were so annoying and uninteresting however.

The story seems to be reaching more of a climax which is to be expected with more dire events taking place, Max and chole still kind of get on my nerves (along with everyone else) interested to see how it is wrapped up.

• Omgggg mod please ban this person they literally spoiled the whole episode? How can you come on here and reveal a major spoiler like this? They literally just revealed the whole plot and twist of the episode. I'm not coming back to this site again. Still Not Bitten you are an asshole for spoiling the whole episode for everyone. I'm so angry and I hope the mods ban you before you ruin it for everyone else like you did me. What a piece of sh*t you are Still_Not_Bitten

• That's not how the episode plays out, so don't worry - you weren't spoiled. Still, though, I'll spoiler tag it anyways.

Omgggg mod please ban this person they literally spoiled the whole episode? How can you come on here and reveal a major spoiler like this? T

• Why are you on the thread for the game if you havnt played it.....

Its simple common sense, not to mention they didnt spoil anything major anyway

• edited July 2015

Double post

• edited July 2015

All of us are. Why do you think there are spoiler tags? At the top of this thread the mod states it is against the rules to reveal spoilers without a spoiler marker. Several of us in the usa come here to check if the episode has been released in our region that's why we use this forum clearly since its pages long for an episode that just released today. . Everyone else has been respectful and put spoiler markers. So no it's not common sense when we use this site to see when the episode has been released or not. Read the top of the thread. Why do you think there are spoiler markers that EVERYONE uses? Also they literally gave a major twist and basically the ending away. I won't repeat it because I'm not an ass and don't want to spoil it. You know what's common sense? Using the inserted spoiler markers for a SPOILER and not giving away unmarked spoilers for a game that hasn't even released in all territories yet.

Why are you on the thread for the game if you havnt played it..... Its simple common sense, not to mention they didnt spoil anything major anyway

• But you said a few pages back you were dowloading it. No need to expose yourself to the risk of spoilers if thats the case, the xbox version glitched so I checked the official twitter careful not to read any comments on the tweets themselves in case of spoilers, however even then I would have accepted being spoiled as I was on a site concerning the subject.

Also again; they didnt spoil the ending.

All of us are. Why do you think there are spoiler tags? At the top of this thread the mod states it is against the rules to reveal spoilers

• I said one hour ago the download had started. It's not even finished yet and regardless most people in the U.S. haven't even finished downloading it yet and it hasn't even released for everyone yet. Your argument is irrelevant anyway because the mods said at the top it is against the rules to spoil episodes that haven't even released for everyone. Otherwise spoiler markers wouldn't exist. This isn't rocket science. You can keep arguing with yourself, but I won't respond again.

But you said a few pages back you were dowloading it. No need to expose yourself to the risk of spoilers if thats the case, the xbox version

• Okay you do that

I said one hour ago the download had started. It's not even finished yet and regardless most people in the U.S. haven't even finished downlo

• Doubt it. Plenty of zombies movies have pitchforks and stuff.

Pretty sure this is a reference to TTG's TWD season 2 episode 1 shed scene.

• edited July 2015

I'm still confused by that photo we saw of Nathan and Rachel, why are they both passed out.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I really liked this episode, it was freaking great. (I'm so glad I didn't allow Chloe to have a gun for most of this series, but by God was trying to convince Frank really annoying at times, with how long it took to rewind)

Alt text

Alt text

• That was one hell of a cliffhanger. I mean, I knew it probably wasn't Nathan because it's a little too obvious, but the actual perp was the last person I would've suspected.

Can I just say that these hilarious looking animated sprites in the pool were the best part of the episode?

Alt text

• Well, they took a dark turn with that episode. Mr Jeffarsehole, you bastard. I started to suspect him when Max & Chloe found out about the "Dark Room", a lightbulb popped on top of my head when I recalled that hipster teacher saying something among those lines: "I could all frame you in a dark corner". It sounded awfully similar. I was prepared to discover he took the pictures of Kate and Rachel but I was shocked when he just coldly shot Chloe like that... Nathan probably "just" kidnapps the girls while Jefferson does the dirty work.

I felt like decisions for previous episodes kept biting my buttcheeks. I actually felt really bad for David. I wonder if he continued his investigations and will be the one to save Max. That or Samuel will burst in, surfing on an army of squirrels, to save the day.

And what's going on with the Prescotts preparing for the apocalypse and talking about "greater destiny", "duty" and whatnot. It seemed like they were implicated with or at the very least knew about the tornado coming.

Anyways, really liked this episode.

Thanks to Frank and his beans for their return.

Alt text

• Time to destroy Prescott. I'm fully ready to watch him die a slow painful death.

• edited July 2015

Just got done playing the episode, and all I have to say is...REALLY!!

• Absolutely amazing episode. This has put Telltale's recent output to shame to be brutally honest. Can't wait for the next one!

• They won't get away with this...

I'm ready to watch you know who burn slowly.

MosesARose posted: »

Just got done playing the episode, and all I have to say is...REALLY!!

• Me too. I can't wait to episode 5. I wonder what's going to happen with my Chloe :(

They won't get away with this... I'm ready to watch you know who burn slowly.

• Holy shit! Are they flat? I didn't notice that XD

• When I look at this and A Nest of Vipers side by side I really can't imagine why Telltale fans hate on it so much and are the first to call it out on it's flaws while ignoring Telltale's

Revec posted: »

Absolutely amazing episode. This has put Telltale's recent output to shame to be brutally honest. Can't wait for the next one!

• I think he was just posing with her body.

• One of. Nathan and (apparently) his father are still involved.

• edited July 2015

are the first to call it out on it's flaws while ignoring Telltale's

Pffffffffffffff...Almost every thread on the GoT forum is just people trashing on Episode 5. People point out Telltale's flaws all the time.

Clemenem posted: »

When I look at this and A Nest of Vipers side by side I really can't imagine why Telltale fans hate on it so much and are the first to call it out on it's flaws while ignoring Telltale's

• edited July 2015

Reviews seem to be super mixed

Some sites are giving it 9's while others are giving it 6's. I guess some people don't like change. I on the other hand adore how bleak Episode 4 gets.

• edited July 2015

I'm not entirely sure. I took Victoria's picture and told her to go fuck her selfie in episode 1, so she's pretty resentful towards me. It was really emotionally impactful, because I was so concerned for Victoria (despite her being Victoria) and after finding Rachel (which was also really god damn impactful, made me feel sick and tear up) I was shaken up and already tearing up.

It really shows how such a seemingly minor choice really affected the game for me later on.

Flog61 posted: »

Does that happen only if you don't comfort her in episode 1?

• edited July 2015

I paused the game when that choice came up and went to the laundry room and stuck my clothes in the dryer. The whole time I kept going over what it was I should do. Not necessarily what I wanted to do but what would be right for me to do. I honestly don't know if there is such a thing as a right decision for me as a third party to make in such situation though. All I could do was empathize with the characters.

I felt for Chloe. She's dying anyway. Her parents are bleeding money keeping her alive. And the poor girl is both physically and emotionally miserable. As her friend I didn't want her to suffer. But I also didn't want to be the one to fucking kill her. Even at her own request. Even begging me.

But that doesn't necessarily mean that I wouldn't do it.

I pulled the trigger on Duck so that he and Kenny wouldn't suffer. It ripped my heart out but I did it. I certainly like Chloe more than I liked Duck so helping her die with dignity should have been easy.

But it wasn't.

You see I also empathized with William and Joyce. I sure as shit didn't want them to suffer either. I don't mean financially or because their daughter is dying. Yes, I wanted to spare them that pain but not enough for me to make that decision.

No, I made my decision because I imagined Chloe dying in her bed while they were paying bills or catching a rare moment of free time and not getting the chance to say goodbye. To be with their little girl as she left this life.

I couldn't do that to them.

I know it's rotten. I know it doesn't show Chloe and her life choices any respect but...

Her parents had suffered enough. I couldn't add to their suffering. Not even for Chloe.

I know that makes me a dick. But I kept thinking of my own children and I just couldn't...

Not even for Chloe...

Well I've been paused on the game for about 15 minutes now because I'm having trouble with that first choice in episode 4 lol

• wait... Chloe can live..? T.T

MosesARose posted: »

Me too. I can't wait to episode 5. I wonder what's going to happen with my Chloe

• I just don't like her, her personality, the way she talks, her attitude, the way she blames her dad for dying, how she gets all pissed at Max for answering the phone when Kate calls, she's just such a bitch that I can't stand her.

Poogers555 posted: »

just...how could you....

• edited July 2015

Which I find weird because I loved Nest Of Vipers despite hating episodes 1-3 of GOT

are the first to call it out on it's flaws while ignoring Telltale's Pffffffffffffff...Almost every thread on the GoT forum is just people trashing on Episode 5. People point out Telltale's flaws all the time.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.