Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• edited July 2015

HOLY CRAP! HOLY F***ING CRAP! THAT ENDING!

I refuse to acknowledge that Chloe is REALLY dead. I mean, I knew Mr. Jefferson was going to be the one in on it, but I did NOT expect him to shoot Chloe point blank in the head, while Max lay there all dosed up.

The preview for Ep5 was terrifying. To think that all the things that happened to those other girls will happen to Max. I'd rather not think about it.

Can't wait for the final episode. Oh, and if anyone failed to save Kate in their playthrough, you missed out on a super adorable scene in which you visit her in the hospital. Seeing her all happy and smiling made me tear up, A LOT.

Click here

• After thinking about it, this is going to be the first time in a game where I change my choices. One at least, the whole Frank scene, I don't usually regret my choices but I missed out. I honestly thought it was either death or injury, if I knew there was more then I would've kept pressing. I can't be the only one who thought this, if I am then whateves, changing it anyway.

• Thread: I just finished playing Life is Strange ep 4 and...

I felt so satisifed as for the episode. It reminded me of what I should have felt in episode 5 got. I guess it reminded me of the excitement I felt in the walking dead's and twau. I hope episode 6 got is much better.

• I've been looking at Life is Strange not so long ago. Is it really that good ?

• I have mixed thoughts about it, but I do think its worth at least playing once. The story is what made it interesting for me. I favor TT games a lot more especially for the verbal writing for characters, but LIS is unique in its own way. I like some of the songs, and the story is what keeps it going. "I felt for some of the characters as if they were my friends" type game.

_DIO_ posted: »

I've been looking at Life is Strange not so long ago. Is it really that good ?

• I mean I'd accept this as it's own thread if you actually expanded upon why it made you think this way, so, care to, you know explain why you thought this way?

• edited July 2015

Yeah episode 4 of Life Is Strange was amazing and the best 4 hours I've ever played in a game.(It was that awesome), but to be fair Game of thrones episode 5 was freaking awesome to in my opinion and had one of the best endings of an episode telltale has done and this comes from a guy who disliked episode 1-3 of GOT

• In a nutshell, I hope GOT has a good and fullfilling ending.

Green613 posted: »

I mean I'd accept this as it's own thread if you actually expanded upon why it made you think this way, so, care to, you know explain why you thought this way?

• edited July 2015

Yes it is amazing and my pick for GOTY (well a top candidate anyways)

• So my take on it is that the fact that there are only 2 dialogues options prevents you to roleplay and build your character as your own like in most TT Games but the writing and cast of characters is excellent as a whole and makes it worth it. Is that it ?

I have mixed thoughts about it, but I do think its worth at least playing once. The story is what made it interesting for me. I favor TT gam

• Ep 5 wasn't complely god awful as everyone says. It did have its moments, but it could have been better and longer. I did like episode 5 a lot more than episode 1. Ep 1 was boring playing as Ethan and Gared.

Yeah episode 4 of Life Is Strange was amazing and the best 4 hours I've ever played in a game.(It was that awesome), but to be fair Game of

• edited July 2015

Do not hesitate to detail your opinion some more :)

Yes it is amazing and my pick for GOTY (well a top candidate anyways)

• Episode 4 is really good...The rest? eh...

• Well the story(interesting mystery), writing, and (characters that are really relatable) are just awesome and really well thought out (especially on episode 4). Plus it has choices that matter and fun gameplay and puzzles. The rewinding element it just so cool.

Do not hesitate to detail your opinion some more

• Yes lol I like more dialogue choices. Though what bugged me about LIS is when they say stuff like "amaze balls" and "hella". Its such kiddish writing. But in ep. 5 you can tell the writers matured the conversations. LIS was all about actions and butterfly effects compared to TT where its about development and progression.

So my take on it is that the fact that there are only 2 dialogues options prevents you to roleplay and build your character as your own like

• Seems interesting I'll have to look into it again !

Yes lol I like more dialogue choices. Though what bugged me about LIS is when they say stuff like "amaze balls" and "hella". Its such kiddis

• Oh ? Does it compare to Heavy Rain in any way ?

Episode 4 is really good...The rest? eh...

• Anyone else who got creeped out by looking at those disturbing photos? The whole Dark Room was just pure nightmare.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

You're not alone. I also assumed that either he had to die or get injured in some way. So I just stuck with him getting shot in the leg, and taking it like a supreme champ

• edited July 2015

I didnt either, She wouldnt believe me in my version anyway so I just had max rage at her and taylor and blame them for everything. Warned everyone else though, seems like everybody got some warning about nathan. I let nathan get beat up too, I have little desire to try and help any of them

Am i the only person who didn't warn Victoria?

• So if kates dead what happens, you just skip the scene with her?

• I hated it. And to think that Max will be in it next episode really f***ks me up.

• me after LIS ep 4:

Alt text

• edited July 2015

The interactive elements, in terms of story, are at least as good as or better than Telltale's stuff. The story is also pretty good and there are more objects to look at. More wandering. Puzzles are present too, though until episode 4, I didn't think much of them like I don't in TTG's recent stuff. There's obviously more gameplay too with the time rewinding and the episodes are longer. No QTEs. (The episodes being longer is more a side-effect of the wandering and time rewinding though)

What I said about the interactive elements though, I mean that the story still goes down the same path. It's just debatable whether more dialog etc. changes as a result (I think there are more changes). So far, I think there's only been one unique scene based on if you saved a character. You get a bit of help too in the form of a text message giving you a number. Choices in conversations and such 'may' matter more as well and I'm pretty sure they do, but again, the story still goes down the same overall path. So, while I think it probably handles branching better, I'm just not seeing it as being much better than TTG's stuff which is what people are claiming. If anything, it's the same in terms of the broad story arc never changing, and seeing the same scenes. (Actually, to put it in the dev's terms, it's a lot of 'vines' leading in the same direction.)

People have complained about the writing quality too, but it's not an issue I have. With it being about young people, just be prepared for some slang to be present.

If anything is worse than in TTG's products, it is that it's not as cinematic to watch as TTG's stuff is. This is primarily because of the lip synching, though I don't find the animation quality in general as good. But it's not a big problem at all, or well, it isn't if it won't stop you getting into it. It was a bit distracting for me at first, but I got used to it or tried not to pay attention.

By and large, the developers have been quick to patch issues too that normally crop up at episode release times. I experienced one annoying bug though where I had to rewind time for a conversation because my character was talking and I didn't see any of what the other character said. No speech, no text, so the character's text was just skipped while the camera focused on the character's face for a second. ;) It was the first time it occurred though.

(By the way, I'm avoiding specifics here for fear of spoilers, but near the start of episode 4, you couldn't progress without 'granting someone's wish', right? That should be enough to go on, because when I refused, Max wouldn't budge, making me think I had to accept the request.)

• I think it was worth the wait, they really put a lot into this episode.

• Anyone else hates the regular Chloe but liked the alternate universe one? Also I really wished to explore the alternate universe school a bit, if you read your phone texts then its pretty clear that everyone is kinda scared of Max there and your pals with Nathan and Victoria, would have been really interesting to have a 30 minutes segment of that.

• edited July 2015

In quality? It depends...Did you like Heavy Rain? If Heavy Rain was split into an episodic game I would hate episode 1 let me just say that. As a full game I'm pretty sure Life is Strange would be pretty solid like Heavy Rain, but as an episodic experience I found episode 1 and 2 lacking, but I did enjoy Episode 3 and LOVED 4.

Oh ? Does it compare to Heavy Rain in any way ?

• Yeah in quality.

Lol let's consider part 1 for what it is, an intro.

In quality? It depends...Did you like Heavy Rain? If Heavy Rain was split into an episodic game I would hate episode 1 let me just say that.

• Thanks for the very detailed clarification Rob, it's really helpful !

Rob_K posted: »

The interactive elements, in terms of story, are at least as good as or better than Telltale's stuff. The story is also pretty good and ther

• Despite her flaws, I like the regular one just as much. She's been through hell and has come out the other side. I think with Max around though she's gotten better.

Anyone else hates the regular Chloe but liked the alternate universe one? Also I really wished to explore the alternate universe school a bi

• It is a strange feeling. During the entire alternative universe section, I just feel a lot of emotions as I hear Chloe's story and spending time with her. And when I was given the choice to put to sleep (Kinder use of word) or refuse, I was like "Don't do this to me...". I put her to sleep, because she is already dying and she wasn't getting better.

I love the Alternative Chloe more, but I know that Original Chloe has a better chance of life and a chance to grow and change. So I was glad that Max returned to the original timeline.

Anyone else hates the regular Chloe but liked the alternate universe one? Also I really wished to explore the alternate universe school a bi

• Like Rob below me said. The game trades in QTE's for a lot of exploration. The narrative starts off REALLY slow even for a first episode and things don't really pick up until the ending of episode 2, but like I said the game works a lot better as a complete package. So, if you consider picking the game up I would wait until episode 5 comes out and just binge through the entire game.

Yeah in quality. Lol let's consider part 1 for what it is, an intro.

• It wasn't a slow, progressive increase in the dark atmosphere it was more like they dropped the floor out from under you. I liked the episode but I get why people feel like they were sucker-punched in the gut - that's how I felt.

But I thought that's what makes it good... The emotional effect was high in this episode.

• Well I like that this one doesn't bitch all the time that people abandon her or fail her, I like the humor of Chloe but really don't like her punk anti-establishment mentality.

• It's all the locations in the game, and documents found there. It shows there is one location we haven't been to yet. If you want to see it in game, click on the folder icon in the menu.

• Some people on reddit have done some interesting detective work and uncovered Stella as possible suspect. Put simply, "Stella" is given the nickname "Dachshund" by Frank. Dachshund purchased Hydromorphone from Frank before the Vortex Club parties, and this was used in Kate's drink. Jefferson got her the job on the door, so she could tell him who was coming and going.

It's always the quiet ones...

Alt text

Original Reddit thread

• You can refuse. Just look at the photo book for a minute.

Rob_K posted: »

The interactive elements, in terms of story, are at least as good as or better than Telltale's stuff. The story is also pretty good and ther

• edited July 2015

Yeah I noticed Stella in the book and yeah she doesn't look the type, but like you said it's always the quiet ones.

Edit: Okay reading the reddit thread has me 100% convinced she is atleast an accomplice.

• edited July 2015

Physically click on the book and wait or just sit there without clicking anything? As far as I remember, there was nothing clickable if you're meant to click, which would indicate another bug.

Anyway, I'll rush through it later and check again. But as far as I remember, the only thing I could do was rewind. Not like I'm too bothered though, as the story won't greatly change by any means. Just interesting to check is all.

Thanks for the reply.

You can refuse. Just look at the photo book for a minute.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.