Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• I had the feeling it meant something more. I watched this theory on YouTube, and I think I'm a little off but I think Max is the only one that can see it because it's in her timeline and no one else's. So I think it's hunting that Rachel might come back the same way.

In episode 2 it was stood right where her body was so yes i'm guessing

• What happens if you side with david in episode 3?

• This is it.

AAA_Jane posted: »

I had the feeling it meant something more. I watched this theory on YouTube, and I think I'm a little off but I think Max is the only one th

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited July 2015

Well I saw him in the garage and on the table next to their home phone there was a receipt for some expensive restaurant, Max remarked that David was good at apologizing. Talking to David he thanks you for standing up for him, though he says he doesn't want Max and Chloe to get involved with this case.

Warrens hulk moment felt a bit sudden the guy gets basically sidelined for some reason, Some scenes almost seem to address the fact its weird max never lets him come with them

I always find it funny. I really want Warren to come along but they keep pushing him out of the way.

I had a few reasons. I don't really believe in revenge. Secondly, after being curious after stopping Warren to see what the other outcome looked like, that did not look fun at all and I felt sorry for him. Finally, I do not trust Chloe with any Gosh darn guns. I'm so glad I've kept her away from every firearm (until Frank gave her her gun back).

Literally the easiest choice so far. Why wouldn't someone want to watch Nathan get twisted?

• The end is near...

• edited July 2015

This shouldn't be that big of an issue, I think. Don't all TTG products keep the same lead writer till the season ends? Except in some rare situations. Like TWD S2 had Nick Breckon as the lead.

So really, unless my understanding of what a lead writer does is incorrect, he should have been responsible for overseeing what the other writers were doing and trying to make sure everything fit together. At least that's my understanding of what a lead writer does anyway. Overall, they're in charge and nothing would get past them if they gave the okay. (Of course, I guess it's a bit different at TTG, as I imagine it's not up to 'just the lead writer' regarding the story's direction)

Can't say I pay much attention to the title and credits anyway, so I've never known if Life is Strange was written by more than one person.

Flog61 posted: »

I think part of the reason for DontNod's narrative success is that the same people write each episode, whereas Telltale cycle lead writers, leading to a more disjointed plot.

• Nicely written. And I seriously hope to God that these the multiple endings include Chloe being alive.

• I haven't seen evidence of that in the credits?

Normally the credits give one or two people named as the 'writers' of the episode. They're the first names that come up, or so, I think.

Rob_K posted: »

This shouldn't be that big of an issue, I think. Don't all TTG products keep the same lead writer till the season ends? Except in some rare

• Wow that's so much different that the other version, I guess choices do really matter!

dojo32161 posted: »

Well I saw him in the garage and on the table next to their home phone there was a receipt for some expensive restaurant, Max remarked that

• I Finished the episode last night. My Choices: Accepted Chloes request (This scene made me shed a tear), Let Warren beat up Nathan, Chloe wounded frank, and Victoria believed me. This is one of my favorite episodes by far. The only thing I hated was the ending.

• edited July 2015

I hope Max has the option to throw Jefferson into the tornado. I'm still surprised that he was the bad guy all along. Nathan was only his accomplice.

• I can't say I agree. I see the person ends with saying it's the most realistic drug but Nathan bought GHB that night. GHB is a known date rape drug. I also generally don't see the point when Nathan is known to be involved.

• edited July 2015

Checked a youtube playthrough to see what you were all talking about.

No thank you.

Telltale, if you ever make a game in a contemporary realistic setting (which I'm all for), please don't make it about college girls that all look like they have a tumblr account.

• Meh. It was okay, but i missed one thing: talking with other characters. In telltale's games you can choose what you want to say. Here you just sit and read this often boring dialogues and (in my case) pray them to end. Example? First 30 minutes of gameplay. It was just blah-blah-blah and i didn't really care. I wanted, but i couldn't. I wanted to finish it as fast as possible (only William was the advantage). Choices aren't everything. If i play game i want to FEEL it and i didn't feel LiS at all. That's why i love TTG. I can CREATE my character not only by it choices but by conversation too.

And episode was waaay to long and... well... boring at the beggining. I got a hedache beacuse of it. Now i'll never complain again about tt's episodes lenght.

• He is properly paranoid.

dojo32161 posted: »

To be fair, David doesn't trust anyone.

• Ending was the best part.

• Why is this in the GAME OF THRONES: A TELLTALE SERIES Thread?

• Because for some reason he/she just had to compare it to Game of Thrones.

Nightmare1 posted: »

Why is this in the GAME OF THRONES: A TELLTALE SERIES Thread?

• To compare it to the god awful/forsaken hellspawn that is GoT Episode 5 of course!

/s

Nightmare1 posted: »

Why is this in the GAME OF THRONES: A TELLTALE SERIES Thread?

• And F is also for FEELINGS

</3

• At least I wasn't alone in that thought.

• I read that and I am now convinced.

• I don't know why Rachel has to have powers, maybe it's just a ghost or spirit or something...Hell, there are people thinking she'll come back.

• No. It has Chloe and Max circled with the message on the side saying they'll all die and that Rachel is at the junkyard buried.

MichaelBP posted: »

Chloe is Max?

• I was cheering Warren on and laughing my ass off. Warren needed that and Nathan needed his ass kicked, put him in his place for once. I wanted the option to kiss Warren or something after that, he deserved it.

• So, did I get that right, the Prescott's wealth stems from selling this dark room material? And Blackwell/the principal is something like their partner, covering the crimes, make sure that stories about drugged school girls don't get spread around? I don't know, it doesn't sound convincing, I'm hoping the Prescotts have more skeletons in the closet and more people are involved. This "something is not right in Arcadia Bay" has been hinted at so often.

Also, I'm sure it's not Rachel we found there. Wouldn't you put a corpse far deeper into the ground? One heavy rainfall would have uncovered it.

• edited July 2015

The choices matter just as much as they do in TellTale's games, and Episode 4 proves that. Also, Life is Strange had some pretty bad dialogue in the first two episodes.

Well the story(interesting mystery), writing, and (characters that are really relatable) are just awesome and really well thought out (espec

• Maybe that's a reason Nathan is so fucked up, he knows about this Dark Room stuff and he's being forced into it by blackmail and his father and he hates it. He takes medication to get it off of his mind and hates himself and others for being apart of it and bringing it up.

Also, I'm sure it's not Rachel we found there. Wouldn't you put a corpse far deeper into the ground? One heavy rainfall would have uncovered it.

It was Rachel, why else would Chloe freak out? Let's be honest, she's in a junkyard, one where no one goes but a bunch of drunk teens that party. Plus, they probably didn't want to bury it too deep or model an entire dead Rachel body.

rousseau posted: »

So, did I get that right, the Prescott's wealth stems from selling this dark room material? And Blackwell/the principal is something like th

• I know that, I managed to find this on first run through the episode Checked the whole junkyard, and it's the only thing there. My post wasn't really serious, it was based off of one thing I saw either on NeoGAF or Tumblr, can't remember which, about how the red circles and the "is" written with red paint, make it seem as if it's saying "Chloe is Max". Doubt it's anything.

No. It has Chloe and Max circled with the message on the side saying they'll all die and that Rachel is at the junkyard buried.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

So, while I think it probably handles branching better, I'm just not seeing it as being much better than TTG's stuff which is what people are claiming. If anything, it's the same in terms of the broad story arc never changing, and seeing the same scenes. (Actually, to put it in the dev's terms, it's a lot of 'vines' leading in the same direction.)

This is honestly the same way I see the game. At most, I think they've refined and improved upon some of things that Telltale has done, and I definitely give them credit in those areas, but they haven't necessarily made any giant leaps in terms of choice and consequence.

Like I've said before in the LiS thread, the primary advantage they have in particular over Telltale's stories is their setting. On top of it being centralized to a singular location more or less in the form of Blackwell and Arcadia Bay, they have a lot more outlets for consequences to spring up; texting, letters, newspapers, posters, objects in the environment (IE a picture that someone took, a character's pet, you get the idea), etc. They can make their choices feel like they have a lot more impact because they have a lot more opportunities for the world to be 'responsive' to the player's choices. In a series like TWD, half of those options are already off the table, since it's a post-apocalyptic story where society has fallen. And since TWD has chiefly been an itinerant series with a rotating cast of characters, there's no real centralized location or group of characters outside of a small core group, or a core location that lasts an episode or two, tops, which limits the effects and impacts a choice can have, because the person or location that was originally affected by the choice could be out of the picture and/or replaced with something else by the time any meaningful consequences could stem from said choice.

And truth be told, that's starting to become a bit too formulaic with Telltale, and people aren't really being fooled or phased by it all that much anymore. I mean, think about how people look at determinant characters nowadays; people practically write them off as dead the moment they become determinant. No one really holds out hope for their survival, or for them to even play much of a role going forward. Its quite easy to see that that is a problem.

Rob_K posted: »

The interactive elements, in terms of story, are at least as good as or better than Telltale's stuff. The story is also pretty good and ther

• But did she actually open this bag or whatever that was? She just looked at it for one second and started to cry.

• I'm pretty sure it was a shirt or something, they never really showed us. I guess after seeing a rape dungeon, a dead body would be going too far.

rousseau posted: »

But did she actually open this bag or whatever that was? She just looked at it for one second and started to cry.

• Ah, I saw some people being serious about that before so I wanted to correct it.

I know that, I managed to find this on first run through the episode Checked the whole junkyard, and it's the only thing there. My post wasn

• If Chloe and Max were actually the same person, that'd be a pretty shit plot twist that makes 0 sense.

Ah, I saw some people being serious about that before so I wanted to correct it.

• Agreed.

If Chloe and Max were actually the same person, that'd be a pretty shit plot twist that makes 0 sense.

• a dead body would be going too far.

Really, you think so? We've seen people dying on screen, so a dead body wouldn't be pushing the boundaries, I think. They are handling grim topics so well, they shouldn't shy away from this.

I'm pretty sure it was a shirt or something, they never really showed us. I guess after seeing a rape dungeon, a dead body would be going too far.

• I'm certain it was a bag, that's why Max only reacted to the smell after doing something with it, she doesn't smell it when she uncovers it.

I'm pretty sure it was a shirt or something, they never really showed us. I guess after seeing a rape dungeon, a dead body would be going too far.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.