Unable to download episode 5 on ipad

I've been trying to download episode 5 on my ipad since this morning without any success. My ios is updated, my GoT game is updated, i tried turning the device and wifi on and off. It says episode 5 is available now, and when i press to buy the episode it just tells me download failed. What is happening?

Comments

• I am experiencing exactly this too.

The Error Message is FAILED: Content failed to download

• seriously guys? no news/updates?

• edited July 2015

Same here, and I had to give up on the season pass I bought for my PC as I still can't download episode 4! So I gave up and played it all through on my iPad after buying it for a second time. I I still can't f**king play! The pc version just quits the game completely when I click download. And I'm getting the same message as you guys for my iPad. I'm not happy!

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

We are currently looking into an issue where players attempting to purchase Episode 5 in-game are unable to start the download. When I have any new information to provide I will make sure to update This Discussion Thread.

@Alienangie My apologies, if you are unable to download any episodes for the PC Telltale Games version of the game, please first make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest Updated Critical PC/Mac Patch available for the game. After it has been installed, then start the game again, and you should be able to start the game successfully then download the new episode and play the game.

If you still experience any issues, you may still have older Archive files on your computer that need to be cleared out. To do this, please first uninstall the game from your computer (this will not harm your save files). Then open the following directory on your computer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telltale Games\Game of Thrones\

Inside there, you should find an 'Archives' folder. Please delete this, then download a New installer from our website. This installer has been updated, and will add the new files you need. After you have reinstalled the game using that new installer, start it while connected to the internet, and you should be able to download and install both Episodes 4 and 5 from in-game. Again, my apologies for any difficulties this causes, and I hope this allows you to play!

• I have also followed these instructions and even installed the newest version of iOS (was slightly lagging) to insure a system reboot. No go. Feeling frustrated.

• Hi, same here, i bought the super value bundle pack on my iPad but right now i'm not able to download ep 5. Each time i try, it says FAILED: Content failed to download. There weren't any problems with the previous episodes so i'm not sure what's causing this.

Any help is much appreciated!

• I can't download episode 5 of game of thrones on my iphone please help !

• Gawd! EVERY TIME you have new episodes it's a massive support issue. Probably the last time I buy one of your games in advance. Next time I'll just wait until it's fully released and de-bugged by the other paying customers. SO FRUSTRATING...

• edited July 2015

I was having this issue. Also on iPad.. Somehow got it to download after several attempts; however, it crashes whenever I try to actually play... Sigh...

If you are currently experiencing this issue, could you please clarify what app version number you are currently playing? Have you updated the app to the latest version? (Version 1.6)

• Hello Telltale Mike,

What about the walking dead season 1? Why won't the games save anymore? Why can't I start a new file? I use it on a PS4. I recently tried to play, but it will not save the game.

Jean

We are currently looking into an issue where players attempting to purchase Episode 5 in-game are unable to start the download. When I have

• This is an absolute joke !!! Same with me! I have paid money and it won't download, every episode there's been problems, we should get a full refund for the entire game

Can you please clarify if you currently have Playstation Online Storage enabled for the game?

Jean_Grey posted: »

Hello Telltale Mike, What about the walking dead season 1? Why won't the games save anymore? Why can't I start a new file? I use it on a PS4. I recently tried to play, but it will not save the game. Jean

• Yes the online storage is enabled for all of our games. It was working in December, which I believe is the last time I played the game. The first two slots have saved games. It is the third slot that will not save the game.

Can you please clarify if you currently have Playstation Online Storage enabled for the game?

If you momentarily disable Online Storage for The Walking Dead: Season One, then start the game, are you then able to save in the third slot? Or do you still experience the same issue with being unable to save?

Yes the online storage is enabled for all of our games. It was working in December, which I believe is the last time I played the game. The first two slots have saved games. It is the third slot that will not save the game.

• Cant download ep5 on iphone 6 despite doing the standard stuff like updating, restarting wifi etc. its been weeks. Pls advice.

• Okay so I was incorrect. I am not the main account on the play station so I DO NOT have online storage; I guess the game saves directly to the storage. That did not matter in December though. Have the rules changed with this game? Do I need to have online storage to save or something?

If you momentarily disable Online Storage for The Walking Dead: Season One, then start the game, are you then able to save in the third slot? Or do you still experience the same issue with being unable to save?

Nothing has changed within the game's saving functionality. If you are playing on a secondary account, can you please clarify if switching to the primary account and starting the game allows you to save properly in-game?

Okay so I was incorrect. I am not the main account on the play station so I DO NOT have online storage; I guess the game saves directly to t

• Any chance for an update on the iPad download I've been following this for days now, also not sure how to check I have the latest version, is that wrapped with episode 5 ?

I have updated the team with all of your information you've provided, and they are currently looking into the issue. I hope to have more information soon.

@Dinesy You can check if the app is updated to the latest version by opening up the App Store application on your device, then tap the Updates tab at the bottom right of the screen. If you see Game of Thrones in the list of apps needed to be updated, please tap the Update button next to the app, and it will then update to the latest version.

• Thanks I am on version 1.6

I have updated the team with all of your information you've provided, and they are currently looking into the issue. I hope to have more inf

This discussion has been closed.