Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Hotdog man is suchh a great and memorable character.

#Hotdog man is love, Hotdog man is life.

Hotdog man is love, Hotdog man is life.

• edited August 2015

HOT DOG MAN IS THE WHITE BROTHER WHO WILL RETURN TO EARTH TO PUNISH ALL EVIL AND REWARD THE GOOD FUCKING CONFIRMED! HYPE LEVELS 1000000000

• Samuel really grew on me. In EP1, I found him weird but, with each episode and conversation, I came to like him and care for him. Now he's probably my favorite character. Yeah, that's right Warren, even you can't surpass Samuel!

On that note, I'm going to bed. It's already 2 am here and I've given up on updating my stubborn Window. Good night/day to you! I enjoyed our conversations :)

His voice is really soothing, it seemed off at first but it just turned out to be soothing.

• Have a good sleep, nice talking to you aswell.

CatySky posted: »

Samuel really grew on me. In EP1, I found him weird but, with each episode and conversation, I came to like him and care for him. Now he's p

• And here I thought episode 5 was going to be a depressing episode. Nope. Hot Dog man will make everything better. Best character, 10 out of 10 episode confirmed.... well IGN will give it a 7.8. Why? Because there is too much Hot Dog Man (silly reviewer, there's no such thing as too much Hot Dog man)

Clemenem posted: »

HOT DOG MAN IS THE WHITE BROTHER WHO WILL RETURN TO EARTH TO PUNISH ALL EVIL AND REWARD THE GOOD FUCKING CONFIRMED! HYPE LEVELS 1000000000

• NO ONE CAN JUDGE THE ALMIGHTY BAH GOD Hot Do man will return for the final clash of good vs evil. Tasty and delicious alpha god vs Creepy and Douchey hipster

MichaelBP posted: »

And here I thought episode 5 was going to be a depressing episode. Nope. Hot Dog man will make everything better. Best character, 10 out of

• The douchey and creepy hipster doesn't stand a chance. Hot Dog man will let him throw in a couple of punches, just so he can see how weak he (Jefferson) is, before he starts beating the shit outta him.

NO ONE CAN JUDGE THE ALMIGHTY BAH GOD Hot Do man will return for the final clash of good vs evil. Tasty and delicious alpha god vs Creepy and Douchey hipster

• It would make the perfect tragic twist to this depressing game.

DAISHI posted: »

I hope the villain gets away with it.

• I'm more of a twee than a hipster XD

Don't be a deuche ya hipster

• HOT DOG MAN DLC CONFIRMED BY DONTNOD

MichaelBP posted: »

The douchey and creepy hipster doesn't stand a chance. Hot Dog man will let him throw in a couple of punches, just so he can see how weak he (Jefferson) is, before he starts beating the shit outta him.

• To be released on October 31st. It's the true ending for the game and it's free for all season pass owners. :) The combat system in the DLC is a prototype of combat system in Rmember Me 2.

HOT DOG MAN DLC CONFIRMED BY DONTNOD

• Holy fucking shit. That was a crazy ending!!

As soon as I saw Mr Jefferson at the Vortex part I thought "I'm not sure we're hunting the right person." Then he called Vic as the contest winner, and I knew we were after the wrong guy.

• Hotdog Man looks an awful lot like an erection in the third panel...

• Ladies and Gentlemen! I present to you the ultimate fight between good and evil! A fight to the death to determine the fate of Max Caulfield and Chloe Price. Our first combatant

Mark "The syringe stabbing, hipster shitterson" Jefferson

Alt text

And his opponent...

Hot Dog (delicious, alpha god and true hero of LIS) Man

Alt text

Place ye bets m8s

• I hope DONTNOD rewrites episode 5, it seemed like it's very out of place.

• What do you mean?

(Without leaks and spoilers, please)

• I'm not sure I can explain without dropping a spoiler.

What do you mean? (Without leaks and spoilers, please)

• Hmm...I'm tempted...

I'm not sure I can explain without dropping a spoiler.

• Oh, well, I'm good with waiting. I just hope it isn't a bad episode like you seem to imply.

I'm not sure I can explain without dropping a spoiler.

• I hope the episode turns out to be good as well.

Oh, well, I'm good with waiting. I just hope it isn't a bad episode like you seem to imply.

• Did anyone else kill or wound Frank? I'm curious about what the consequences are of doing so. Maybe in EP5, he will have a chance to help Max, but won't if either happened to him.

• edited August 2015

I wounded him, just because I spent 20-25 minutes trying to get everyone out unscathed, but I couldn't do it, so I just assumed if was impossible until I saw the choices at the end of the episode.

• Frank wasn't hurt in my playthrough.

And I rewinded once because Pompidou got out and bit Chloe.

• Rachel Amber could time travel. That's why she was everything to everyone. She passed on her powers to Max via some spiritual process which is why we keep seeing the deer and getting warnings about the occult.

• edited August 2015

If Rachel turns out to be that spiritual deer looking thing, then they might have made that a bit too obvious.

As that somewhat autistic acting guy says, spiritual animals are not supposed to appear like they do to Max. Well more like implied.

• edited August 2015

Are we even sure it was Rachel in there?

Alt text

That clothes doesn't really look like Rachel's. It's some kind of a jacket and Rachel was wearing a t-shirt.

But then again, that deer...

Clord posted: »

If Rachel turns out to be that spiritual deer looking thing, then they might have made that a bit too obvious. As that somewhat autistic acting guy says, spiritual animals are not supposed to appear like they do to Max. Well more like implied.

• edited August 2015

Once, @o0HeaDShoT0o warned me:

The Lions den awaits us. On Tuesday. I hope you're ready, pal.

Then, I replied:

Alt text

Turns out, he's right, this game is a different kind of feels game.

Where do I start? Where the fuck do I start? Okay here goes...

This episode starts and ends in a really mindfucking way. What the fuck happened? What kind of Dev does this game?!

Calm down MatDen, calm down...

Okay, here goes, real deal.

The episode starts in a very guilt-trip and heartbreaking way. Seeing Chloe in that wheelchair, being isolated, hated "hella", being depressed, makes me feel so, so, guilty for playing this game. Honestly, my eyes were puffy when I played during this scene. Seeing how more burden William and Joyce in needing to take care of Chloe's condition, her medical bills, her nurse, her doctors, her meds, not to mention William is having a financial crisis. Then came her request... God that request... I know her condition is like that, but, taking her life... is not in my position to make. I not saying that I'm glad I had to see William left that door again but... yeah.

On additional note, I'm glad we didn't get to see a dick Maxine that much. Hated her after read all her text and a 2 page diary? Dafuq Max?!

Back to Original Timeline (thank God), seeing Hella Chloe makes me smile again :)
    I also glad that I abused the rewind ability just to make Frank be totally cool with Max and Chloe. Glad to have lesser enemy isn't it?

The revelation at the bunker is where hit me the most. Kate's picture, and Rachel... I can't believe Nathan would do that (at least I thought Nathan did it until I saw the ending).

Seeing Chloe cried after knowing Rachel is dead is... heartbreaking (with Mountains playing in the background for extra feels).
    And then, the ending. The fucking ending... totally switch off my brain. Chloe... is.. dead? I can't handle this guys... I can't...

Fuck you Jefferson.

Good job Dontnod, good job for stirring up my emotions tonight, now I can't sleep.

EDIT: After finishing this Episode, I felt bad for letting Warren beat the shit out of Nathan. Sorry bruh, didn't know the truth. So...

• I feel like Chloe wouldn't have reacted that way unless she was certain it was Rachel. I assume she and Max can see something which confirms it's her that we can't see, because DONTNOD didn't really want to show the actual corpse.

• Yeah that's probably all true... I guess I need to watch closely next time, maybe it's not clothes but a bag or something.

I feel like Chloe wouldn't have reacted that way unless she was certain it was Rachel. I assume she and Max can see something which confirms it's her that we can't see, because DONTNOD didn't really want to show the actual corpse.

• Well I can't unsee that now.

Flog61 posted: »

Hotdog Man looks an awful lot like an erection in the third panel...

• Hot Dog Man wil rek Jefferso. Creepy hipster douche doesn't stand a chance.

• If you kill Frank, Chloe will be sitting on her bed crying, in the scene that follows, and after Max tries to comfort her, she tells Max that after they find Rachel, she'll turn herself in. I can't confirm this since I haven't gotten to that point in this save file, but supposedly she'll be more reluctant about killing Nathan.

• I assumed it was a garbage bag, obviously the smell is what gave it away.

DeityD posted: »

Yeah that's probably all true... I guess I need to watch closely next time, maybe it's not clothes but a bag or something.

• I know how you feel bro.

• IT WAS ME MAX, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG

Alt text

• It's so eerie how accurate this, almost as if asdf predicted this outcome in the game.

• Alt text

IT WAS ME MAX, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG

• I think it's a garbage bag/body bag, if you rewatch the scene where they discover it Max appears to unzip something before Chloe knows it's rachel/the smell comes out.

• I replayed a bit of the episode last night, and when I got to the Alt Chloe death scene I ended up getting emotional again. I was playing on my second file where I do different choices, and man it crushed me hard when I helped Chloe killing herself. I just sat there for a long minute, couldn't believe that I actually did that. It was like time froze for me when I did it. I don't think I do that choice again.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.