Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Yeah I noticed that too, which is strange considering how EP4 seems to be everyone's favorite episode.

Flog61 posted: »

Well, the user score for episode 2 is also much higher.

• So its gonna be out in EU in like 4h?
  • But can she enter a memory from inside a memory? That's a little too 'inception'.

Karnedg2013 posted: »

If she don't has way to go in her room, because Jefferson, Dark Room and tornado?

• So apparently Max messing up with time and saving Chloe is the reason of the storm. There's an ending choice to sacrifice Chloe for Arcadia Bay, or sacrifice Arcadia Bay for Chloe (I haven't seen it yet). Sacrificing Chloe is the best way to go since the ending is perfect, Jefferson is arrested, Nathan is arrested, no storm. Nothing bad happens, so yay for good ending!

I liked the episode but that whole nightmare part, it felt like it took half of the episode unnecessarily. But overall I'd probably give it a 9/10 / 8.5/10. Good job Dontnod.

• Do you have the episode?

• I watched it live on YouTube

Do you have the episode?

• When shes goes back in time through photos, isn't she limited to her memory? When she tried to save William, she couldn't leave the house. I wonder what she can do in that memory.

I wonder why she went that far back.

• Called it after I finished ep 4, it was kind of predictable... Anyway, I'm glad you liked it, can't wait to play it myself ;)

• Yeah, I felt like the ending was kinda too predictable too.. but it was a good episode (IMO atleast). To be honest I don't know why would anyone sacrifice a whole town for just one person

Miklaus posted: »

Called it after I finished ep 4, it was kind of predictable... Anyway, I'm glad you liked it, can't wait to play it myself

• To be honest I don't know why would anyone sacrifice a whole town for just one person

Hysterical Pricefield shippers :P

CarL_J posted: »

Yeah, I felt like the ending was kinda too predictable too.. but it was a good episode (IMO atleast). To be honest I don't know why would anyone sacrifice a whole town for just one person

• Yeah maybe :P it just does not make any sense in a logical way..

To be honest I don't know why would anyone sacrifice a whole town for just one person Hysterical Pricefield shippers :P

• Hm, just had a thought. We see Max and Warren having a new conversation in the eclipse scene at the end of episode 2 in the trailer. So this means one of two things, I think: 1) she can travel to places in time without a photograph, or 2) someone took a picture of them without them realising.

• And it would make Max appear a mass murderer by inaction, especially if she knows that the tornado can be prevented by her actions.

Yeah maybe :P it just does not make any sense in a logical way..

• Episode 5 is downloaded but I gotta uninstall w10 first, UGH MY LIFE.

• STEAM?!?!?!

Quiff posted: »

Episode 5 is downloaded but I gotta uninstall w10 first, UGH MY LIFE.

• She kinda didn't know that the tornado can be prevented by just letting Chloe die, but Chloe is the one who asked her to go back in time and just let her die because fate wants her dead, and how many times she could have died without Max's help. They were infront of the tornado and it was like the last hope to stop the tornado. But you're right it was technically her only chance to save the town, so her saving Chloe would kinda make her look like a murderer.

RichWalk23 posted: »

And it would make Max appear a mass murderer by inaction, especially if she knows that the tornado can be prevented by her actions.

• So wait, that means Chloe stays dead? Instant 10/10 for that.

• edited October 2015

It's optional though, you can sacrifice the whole town for her to live (Not exactly 100% sure because I didn't see the other ending yet, but it'll be most likely that, what would be the point of putting in a choice if the other ending didn't make a difference)

So wait, that means Chloe stays dead? Instant 10/10 for that.

• What theory are you talking about ?

• I accidentally clicked the spoiler tag and read as I forgot the episode was already out in a few places. :/ Well, I had a feeling we would probably have a choice to sacrifice Chloe. I won't watch it on YouTube so I can still go in 95% blind tomorrow. Excited!

• edited October 2015

So, Steam is scheduling an update for Life is Strange at 2:55 PM PDT (Which is in like 3 hours). Hopefully its Episode 5!

EDIT - It was just a patch for episode 1...

• Last thing: how long is the episode approximately?

It's optional though, you can sacrifice the whole town for her to live (Not exactly 100% sure because I didn't see the other ending yet, but

• The playthrough I watched took about 2 hrs and 20 mins

Last thing: how long is the episode approximately?

• Ok thanks!

The playthrough I watched took about 2 hrs and 20 mins

• YES MAN :^)

STEAM?!?!?!

• edited October 2015

Life Is Strange doesn't work with Windows 10? I could've sworn that I tried it out and it worked fine, back when I did the free update to 10, before reverting back to 8.1.

Episode 5 is downloaded but I gotta uninstall w10 first, UGH MY LIFE.

• The times have been confusing for me as well... I still haven't been able to play it. It says 00:01 for Australian psn which is 12:01 October 20th.. Maybe it meant pm instead of am, if so that's in 2 hours.

• Sounds good to me. So long Chloe!

• I think Max is going back in time to the point where she first comes back to Arcadia Bay.

• edited October 2015

Wow...just wow.

One of the endings, though the outcome leading to it was predictable, was very well executed. The fate of Chloe is tragic, but she knows she has to die for the timeline to fix itself once and for all...and she begs you to do the right thing instead of allowing the entire town to be destroyed just for one person. I couldn't hate her for that, and I was sad to see her die for the last time, and this time it was for good.

And as for the entire nightmare sequence ending with Max meeting with another Max, who pretty much calls her out on everything that some players have criticised Max regarding about abusing her time powers to get what she wants, telling everyone what they want to hear, and basically playing God...it shows that DontNod knew exactly what kind of reaction they were getting from the audience right from the beginning of the story, and it really shows here.

It might not be one of the best endings of all times, and several side-stories may have never been addressed or answered, but the story has ended on a satisfactory note for me, and I'm happy to have seen Life is Strange from beginning to end.

• It's the picture that's the limit.

Max couldn't go out the house since that's way out of the boundaries.

TheCatWolf posted: »

When shes goes back in time through photos, isn't she limited to her memory? When she tried to save William, she couldn't leave the house. I wonder what she can do in that memory.

• It was laggy as hell for me! ;-; I couldn't interact with anything and the frames were all messed up.

I'm also planning to revert back to 8.1. How long did that take for you? was it complicated?

MichaelBP posted: »

Life Is Strange doesn't work with Windows 10? I could've sworn that I tried it out and it worked fine, back when I did the free update to 10, before reverting back to 8.1.

• I liked the episode, but I felt that the whole nightmare sequence was way too long.. I also don't like how several side-stories were not answered. It just kinda felt incomplete but its in no way a bad episode

• That's definitely odd, it seemed to be working fine when I tried it out. When is the last time you tried it out?

I remember it being easy. I think the updates I had installed for 8.1 were already installed.

It was laggy as hell for me! ;-; I couldn't interact with anything and the frames were all messed up. I'm also planning to revert back to 8.1. How long did that take for you? was it complicated?

• Only one hour to go !

• Anyone who's played the episode have any spoiler-free reviews of it?

• edited October 2015

Downloading it right now! I'm shaking!

• I liked it, but I felt like a specific scene was way too long, some side-stories are left unexplained and the ending(s) were kind of too predictable from the start. But other than that the episode was good, probably 8/10 / 8.5/10 from me. EP4 was the best episode so far IMO

Flog61 posted: »

Anyone who's played the episode have any spoiler-free reviews of it?

• I've been wondering does who you blame at the end of episode 2 impact who saves you in episode 5? I saw a playthrough of David saving Max but what happens if she doesn't blame Nathan? Does he still die?

• How long was it?

I liked it, but I felt like a specific scene was way too long, some side-stories are left unexplained and the ending(s) were kind of too pre

Sign in to comment in this discussion.