"Telltale should make a ____ Series": Post your ideas for a new Telltale Series here. (Unofficial)

Comments

• 4: A game set in the world of Marvel Or DC. I feel that would be great, Be a villian or hero in the start and slowly build up maybe? Just an idea I think would be cool.

Hmm, funny you should say that. Looks like you are in luck! ;)

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/94655/marvel-and-telltale-games-teaming-up-for-2017

DameinThane posted: »

Thread: 5 Telltale Games I Would Love To See Now there have been a fair amount (ALL AMAZING) games made by Telltale. And I can say they

• You sir, Have made my day :D

4: A game set in the world of Marvel Or DC. I feel that would be great, Be a villian or hero in the start and slowly build up maybe? Just an

• I'm sure this has been brought up at some point, but Firefly would be amazing. The gap in the story (between the show and the movie) in addition to the amazing characters already established would be absolutely brilliant to follow up on, and the fact that it is still lingering as untapped entertainment value for current hordes of fans woulds most likely result in a better chance at profits.

There may be some licensing hurdles to jump through, but I would say it's worth it. You guys can do it!

• edited October 2015

Thread: Saw:A Telltale Game Series

I've been thinking recently, what if telltale picked up for their next project the SAW franchise, well obviously they would do a better job than Konami did. I know after 7 movies the idea seems kind of saturated, but it could be an awesome movie to pick on to make a game (I thought on other ones to develop a good story on but this and Star Wars were the only one that fit) I mean it's a good concept that aplies to the interactive game style very well and even create and introduce good new charactes to the saw universe, since the producers decided to stop to continue for a while, why not?

It could be a side story like TWD or GoT Were you would have to encourage people to do the traps, make one die to keep other alive, investigate the case, or even assist on the traps, just take a look at william in the sixth movie and visualize him as the character and all the traps he's been going through are your choises. And of course it has what telltale love it the most... ''Twists'' a lot of them is possible, the movie proved that.

Not only you could play in the skin of the people being tested (As I've been following telltale's recent games, they are concentrating working with plots that envolves more than one protagonist, witch is pretty awesome, they are inovating and it's working greatly) you would also control the detective following the case of Jigsaw, or even another supposed apprentice

This is only an idea to contribute to the community discussion, I would like to hear what you guys think about it.

Episode 1 - Pieces of a Perfect Fit

Episode 2 - See me, Feel me

Episode 3 - ???

Episode 4 - ???

Episode 5 - ???

• Why not? Show me your point of view

• It actually could work. But why do Saw when there 100s of better franchises out there to do? Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, fallout ect is franchises that would be so much cooler to do from just the top of my head
  • dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Boy these titles get more passive agressive the more people ignore this thread.
  • Well, I was aiming for series, but when I thought about games that could also be a good idea, Star Fox popped out of my head, I know it's from nintendo, but think about building a based choise story about the adventure game, I know there are much more good franchise that would do an awesome game, but I was looking for a new genre so horror, well The Walking Dead was more drama than horror in my opinion

ewantu2 posted: »

It actually could work. But why do Saw when there 100s of better franchises out there to do? Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, fallout ect is franchises that would be so much cooler to do from just the top of my head

• Well picking up on a few movies, I would suggest Final Destination too
    ewantu2 posted: »

It actually could work. But why do Saw when there 100s of better franchises out there to do? Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, fallout ect is franchises that would be so much cooler to do from just the top of my head

• I think it would be cool for Telltale to make a game based off of the Heroes franchise. I feel like there would be a lot they could do with it.

The NBC science fiction serial drama series Heroes follows the lives of people across the globe who possess various superhuman powers as they struggle to cope with their everyday lives and prevent foreseen disasters from occurring. The plot of Heroes is designed to be similar to the stories of comic books with small story arcs built into the series' larger story arc plot. Each season of Heroes is designed to involve ordinary people who discover extraordinary powers, and how these abilities take effect in the character's daily lives.

TTG could build the game around a new character, forced into a life of superpowers and an impending doom, with a prophecy foretelling disasters of apocalyptic proportions. Characters from the original series could make cameos. The player's choices would decide which future they end up with - if the world is destroyed and people are killed, or if they're able to save it. They could also have the choice to be aligned with good or evil, to use their powers for personal gain or to protect humanity.

enter image description here

• edited October 2015

After bingewatching Marvel's Daredevil and playing TFTB I thought Daredevil would make an amazing Telltale game. Hell's Kitchen would make a great setting in comic book form, split up Matt Murdock/Daredevil gameplay could be a great way to divide action combat and detective/lawyer work, and Daredevil's Radar Sense could function similarly to Rhys' ECHO-Eye in TFTB.

Another idea for a more M-rated Telltale game was a game based on the writings of Hunter S. Thompson, the guy behind Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas, Where The Buffalo Roam, The Rum Diary, and other works. I think a drug-fueled hallucinogenic visual style would work great in Telltale's form.

And I dunno if anyone else watches it, but the show Mr. Robot also stood out to me as possibly adaptable to a Telltale-style game.

• edited October 2015

Honestly, I would love to see you guys make a video game series out of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I love the story of the films, & I love the characters, my two favorites being Jack Sparrow and Barbosa.
    Not to mention Keira Knightley's Elizabeth Swann - for obvious reasons, lol!

Given the nature of the movies, as well as the characters in them, I believe that it would be a marvelous idea, and also a highly profitable business venture.

Also, I would like to see you do a videogame series based on Harrison Ford's 1993 film, The Fugitive.
    It's a Classic film, with an exciting storyline and with some memorable characters, like Harrison Ford's: Dr. Richard Kimble, a man falsly convicted killing his wife, and who while being pursued by the authorites, is himself pursuing the one-armed man responsible for his wife's murder.
    And Tommy-Lee Jones': U.S. Marshal Sam Gerard - An unrelenting, stoic, bloodhound of a man, who is determined to capture Kimble.

• Puncake32Puncake32 Banned
    edited October 2015

Yes.

I think it would be cool for Telltale to make a game based off of the Heroes franchise. I feel like there would be a lot they could do with

• I really wish a company as creative as Telltale games was, would continue to create new properties. It's regrettable that isn't what the public wants, they just want to see the same thing they saw before instead. I miss the old Telltale.

• Ummmm... they are creating a new IP.

Ingafoo posted: »

I really wish a company as creative as Telltale games was, would continue to create new properties. It's regrettable that isn't what the public wants, they just want to see the same thing they saw before instead. I miss the old Telltale.

• edited October 2015

I GOT IT! I know a franchise that has a lot of great story potential but has been poorly mishandled outside its original medium, I'm talking of course about Nickelodeon's Avatar franchise. Compelling characters? Deep philosophical overtones? Amazing action? Memorable storylines? Rich and vast mythology?

Bad live action film, mediocre video game(s), etc I think this franchise definitely needs the Telltale treatment and I have three ideas on how Telltale can go about it:

1). Telltale's Legend of Korra - It goes without saying that Telltale could craft a very worthy continuation of the Book Four finale - it would be amazing if they made a 5 episodic interactive 'Book Five' dealing with the aftermath of Kuvira's invasion of Republic City and the legacy of her Earth Empire and the new Spirit Portal and Korra's new relationship with Asami (and how players can influence and shape it). And Telltale can even create a whole new original villain for the series and we can explore first hand what it means to be the Avatar. Seriously, this needs to happen, only Telltale can do the Avatar franchise justice outside its animated series medium.

1.5). Korra's Lost Years Mini-Series - Set during the 3 year time skip at the start of Book 4, it can sort of be part of Korra's 'canon' lost adventures and how she attempts to cope mentally and physically from essentially being crippled through Zaheer's poisoning and PTSD in Book 3 and how this secret journey changes her - and the Telltale original characters she can meet during this lost period.

2). The Last Airbender Interquel- Or we could go back to Aang, this time an older Aang, maybe set after his confrontation with Yakone. His story would be interesting in Telltale's hands - seeing how he was the last of his kind for a long while, and his relationship with his son Tenzin who was then the only other living airbender apart from Aang and how Aang's hope for the future generations of airbenders rested on Tenzin - I mean there's so much Telltale can do with Aang's story.

• edited October 2015

That is the exact plot to the '09 superhero game inFamous. Not even kidding.

Choice-based third-person platformer/shooter where your character is a newly christened superhero who can either use his peers for good and so an impending cataclysmic event, or use then for his own selfish intentions.

I think it would be cool for Telltale to make a game based off of the Heroes franchise. I feel like there would be a lot they could do with

• Not exactly.

Cole MacGrath was only one character with superpowers. Heroes would incorporate others with newly-discovered abilities and the chance to break or strengthen bonds with them through a multitude of different choices, unlike inFamous which had two - good (allied with Kuo in the second game) and evil (Nix).

My idea for the game is more like Game of Thrones, where the protagonist(s) form alliances that could make or break the salvation of the world. InFamous doesn't have the same storytelling dynamics as Telltale does and in my opinion it could have been done much better.

DirtSPP posted: »

That is the exact plot to the '09 superhero game inFamous. Not even kidding. Choice-based third-person platformer/shooter where your cha

• edited October 2015

The Darkness

I love this game and would love if telltale made a story out of it :)

Extremely violent, demons, nazi's, guns I don't even need to say more

I wish I had the patience to look through all the pages and see if anyone suggested minecraft

• Meh, no arguments there. The whole concept of "THE BEAST" in the first game was something that kept me anxious for a sequel for so long and when it finally dropped I was just so blaaa.

Not exactly. Cole MacGrath was only one character with superpowers. Heroes would incorporate others with newly-discovered abilities and t

• edited October 2015

I think a great story and game they could make that I would like to see is Dragon Ball Z. Ohh and I can't forget Doctor Who.

• Thread: If we could've chose/vote what movie/game series would you love to see ''telltale'd''?

Good day, i am curious how much opinions and ideas everyone has.
    My idea would have been Team Fortress 2 because it doesn't really have a story XD
    What about Lord of the Rings? Animes, movies. there are billions of possibilities and whatnot.

So please, tell us here why you want a series of a certain series :)

• "(Tell)Tales From the Crypt"
    Three independent episodes, with one two-parter to wrap things up.

• "(Tell)Tales From the Crypt"
    Three self contained episodes, with a two-parter for the finale.

• Y: The Last Man

Plot Summary:

A mysterious plague has killed every man on earth except Yorick Brown, who was somehow spared.

Yorick is an escape artist. He is a recent college graduate with an English degree and is currently unemployed. He earns a little cash from his work as a magician and escape artist, but he depends on his beautiful and loving girlfriend Beth Deville for support (both financial and moral). Yorick’s mother Jennifer is a United States Congresswoman (or Representative) from Ohio, and his sister Hero is a paramedic in Boston. Then a mysterious plague wipes out every mammal on the planet with a Y chromosome. Humans, dogs, cows, apes, their populations are literally cut in half within moments. No one knows why, but the surviving women tend to blame themselves. Notable among them are Dr. Allison Mann, a geneticist who gave birth to a human clone at the exact moment the plague hit, and Agent 355, a secret agent from a branch of the US Secret Service known as the Culper Ring, who at the moment of the plague, removed a sacred artifact from Jordan that had been said to cause a tragedy comparable to the Trojan War if ever removed from its homeland. Instantly, women everywhere are forced to live without their husbands, fathers, sons, and friends.

• TELLTALE PLEASE! MAKE MY DREAMS COME TRUE!

Y: The Last Man Plot Summary: A mysterious plague has killed every man on earth except Yorick Brown, who was somehow spared. Yo

• It's one of the best comic books ever written! I promise! And it's getting a TV show!

TELLTALE PLEASE! MAKE MY DREAMS COME TRUE!

• Screw me on this but one idea that's nothing more than a guilty pleasure I have is THE EXPENDABLES: A TELLTALE GAME Get the actors to lend their voices (again, dream idea) and have choices and stuff. (Again: guilty pleasure, this would not have anywhere near as strong of a story as other stuff here would)

Here's the trailer for the first 3 movies and a 4th movie has been confirmed with a release date of 2017

enter link description here

• Holy cow that's a good one!

Harian96 posted: »

I GOT IT! I know a franchise that has a lot of great story potential but has been poorly mishandled outside its original medium, I'm talking

• DBZ... meh. That's always been ideal for fighting games. Doctor Who on the other hand seems rather perfect for Telltale...

• Now if only Telltale could be petitioned to be interested in the project enough for them to approach Nickelodeon and somehow procure the rights to finally make a good Avatar game... I don't like this thread, every idea posted here just gets lost and buried.

Demarcoa posted: »

Holy cow that's a good one!

• Seriously, Telltale should make a Legend of Korra game, a good one.

• Thread: Fargo

How awesome would it be to have a telltale game based off of the Film and TV series "Fargo". I think it would totally be possible.

• I think this thread was a bad idea, all ideas just end up getting lost, ignored and eventually forgotten, it doesn't allow anything to stand out and its kind of sad how little activity is generated here - do you think anyone at Telltale actually gives this thread special attention?

• I think Telltale should make a soccer game, most people in this world like soccer so I think they should. It should go like this. There's you and your best soccer buddy. But there's also a big bad meany dickhead. Finally you have a choice to pass it to your best friend or dickhead. If you pas it to bestfriend. Dickhead effs you up. If you pass it to Dickhead. Bestie leaves you.

• Well I think it's more just putting your ideas out there and sharing them, which is basically the purpose of forums in general! I don't expect my ideas to make it anywhere when I say them, but to find anyone else who agrees and supports it is always fun!

Harian96 posted: »

I think this thread was a bad idea, all ideas just end up getting lost, ignored and eventually forgotten, it doesn't allow anything to stand

• I'd still love to hear the words "Telltale's Star Wars" one day, but Star Wars kinda seems like untouchable property nowadays. Although there is the Marvel game in the works!

Other than that, I think I've heard it once on these forums, but a Telltale-made Team Fortress 2 story would be great. It has such fun characters and a great universe. Although I think they'd need to update their engine for it, since the TF2 animations have always been real smooth compared to Telltale's stuff.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.