Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• THIS! This is one of the reasons I want to replay the game, this and me getting to discover the endings throughout my choices... ( too bad it won't happen now).

• I'm pretty sure the game was full of foreshadowing and symbolism throughout episodes 1-4. I think this tree haiku from episode 1 foreshadowed the 2 endings we have:

enter image description here

renard999 posted: »

THIS! This is one of the reasons I want to replay the game, this and me getting to discover the endings throughout my choices... ( too bad it won't happen now).

• edited October 2015

I wonder if Jefferson would actually accept someone with Stockholm syndrome or would possibility of "our dark room" crap be out of picture.

Why I doubt it is because Jefferson wants to capture moment of desperation. Now if someone willingly for whatever reason wants to be his lifelong subject, it wouldn't work for his sick desires. I doubt he really views people around him as human beings, especially when doing his sick job.

• edited October 2015

Just finished the game and... damn that was something.

LIS was really flawed in the beggining but it got gradually better with each episode, we've come a long way from EP1. Episode five was, how could I say, magic? Unreal? Either way it was great and got me crying twice, I'd give it a perfect 10.
    The game overall in my opinion deserves a nine, despite growing a lot better I can't overlook the rather weak start. I don't mind the questions left unanswered, it keeps some mystery floating around and frankly, I didn't need to know how Max got her power to enjoy the game.

Yep, that was a hella fun ride.

• I can see why people don't like the concept of everything being for nothing but it's legitimate as far as plots go. It's one of the few things I liked about the ending. It kept the story from being completely cliched.

MosesARose posted: »

Of course in a gaming perspective it wasn't for nothing, the overall game is fun and enjoyable no doubt about it. But taking the plot into a

• I was kind of disappointed with the finale. In terms of story, not a whole lot happened. I didn't like how our final decision came down to either sacrifice Chloe for Arcadia Bay or vice versa. Seems a little extreme to assume that everyone in Arcadia Bay dies when you keep Chloe alive in the (very abrupt end). Also didn't like how Warren was all like "This storm is your fault Max!" She fell asleep in class one day and saw it in a dream, how is it her fault? Also how come Max kisses Chloe when she sacrifices her but not when she sacrifices the WHOLE TOWN for her?

I did enjoy the nightmare sequence and everyone calling out Max's insecurities as that's one of the few times Max is completely vulnerable in her mind and it was quite creepy.

I guess I might be too critical, but there was a lot of buildup in Episodes 1-4, and not that much satisfaction for me in Episode 5. It's a shame really, I thought Life is Strange was a great game. Just a lack-luster finale.

• Why does Chloe kiss max when she sacrifices her?

torkahn808 posted: »

I was kind of disappointed with the finale. In terms of story, not a whole lot happened. I didn't like how our final decision came down to e

• Also how come Max kisses Chloe when she sacrifices her but not when she sacrifices the WHOLE TOWN for her?

In my playthrough when I sacrificed Chloe, her and Max didn't kiss. Chloe just thanked Max for their time together in that week and they hugged each other again. This is what I get for going ape and smooching the Warren XP

Anyway, why would they kiss in the option when everybody they know in Arcadia Bay is about to die? Wouldn't be the right moment.

torkahn808 posted: »

I was kind of disappointed with the finale. In terms of story, not a whole lot happened. I didn't like how our final decision came down to e

• edited October 2015

Am I the only one who thought the last choice was too easy? Sacrifice hundreds of people for one person or one person for hundreds of people. Is that even a debate???

• People say sacrificing Arcadia Bay was stupid? Whew, denial is real in some people.

• edited October 2015

Oh god dude T___T

Kurusu posted: »

deviantART

• Its not only one person man. It's the most important person in your life. I dont know if u ever had such a person in your life. A Person which is more important to u than the rest of the world. It was really not an easy debate.

• Man...i neve rcried so much in a telltale game

• come watch the stream for episode 5 no spoilers.

• Chloe was hardly the most important person to me in the game, I hated her half the time.

Xemnes posted: »

Its not only one person man. It's the most important person in your life. I dont know if u ever had such a person in your life. A Person which is more important to u than the rest of the world. It was really not an easy debate.

• maybe not to you but to Mad Max man

Chloe was hardly the most important person to me in the game, I hated her half the time.

• But when I'm playing as Max, doesn't that make it a problem? I had no problem having Chloe die.

maybe not to you but to Mad Max man

• Well...welll...uhhh...congratulation u fcking sociopath! *runs away crying

But when I'm playing as Max, doesn't that make it a problem? I had no problem having Chloe die.

• I've had such a person FYI. It's an easy debate when that person is telling you to do something, if you cared you would try to do it.

Its not only one person man. It's the most important person in your life. I dont know if u ever had such a person in your life. A Person which is more important to u than the rest of the world. It was really not an easy debate.

• Life comes, life goes, and Chloe's...well, let's say it came and went in a bathroom, exactly where it should've stayed in episode 1.

Well...welll...uhhh...congratulation u fcking sociopath! *runs away crying

• So you wouldnt even hesitate to sacrifice such person? Damn I sacrificed Chloe too but i felt like shit.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

I've had such a person FYI. It's an easy debate when that person is telling you to do something, if you cared you would try to do it.

• Jesus christ warren you only say that because u want to bang max on ur own

Life comes, life goes, and Chloe's...well, let's say it came and went in a bathroom, exactly where it should've stayed in episode 1.

• True love.

Jesus christ warren you only say that because u want to bang max on ur own

• I would if it's what they wanted. I would hesitate. Uncomfortable topic for me so

So you wouldnt even hesitate to sacrifice such person? Damn I sacrificed Chloe too but i felt like shit.

• There's a scene where Joyce is showing a box of Chloe's possessions to Max, so I'm sure it was a gift.

Clord posted: »

Disclaimer: I understand that Max would want to have memento of Chloe. Not sure if anyone else noticed but in one of the endings, Max kee

• Depends. If you love Chloe it's a hard choice, if you hate her it's a easy choice.

• edited October 2015

Now that I've come off my "high" from the episode I think I would re-score it an 8/10. Great episode, but the pacing was too slow and the ending were.... not great both were kind of meh ok I guess. Episode 4 was definitely better.

• I'm a troll for not liking hawt dog man?

Clemenem posted: »

And you're a troll

• Someone on the Square Enix forums said that in the sacrifice Chloe choice you basically never even played the game at all and in the sacrifice Arcadia Bay choice everyone is dead except for Max and Chloe. He seemed pretty confused about it.

• Yes, since we rewinded to the bathroom scene, everything we've done after that didn't happen at all. That's why Kate is alive in my ending, even though she died in my playthrough.

• I recalled this before Episode 5 way before. The romance is determinant. The hints were obvious. If you kiss Chloe then and there in Episode 3, that was the spark for their shipping. If not, might as well be with Warren. It wasn't surprising.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Why does Chloe kiss max when she sacrifices her?

• edited October 2015

Expect all those psychological issues Max could have due her experience she remembers.

Nothing indicates that the actual Max players control forgets what has happened, only her "stand-ins."

Whatever, had this thing gone on, it could have became a mess.

TheCatWolf posted: »

Yes, since we rewinded to the bathroom scene, everything we've done after that didn't happen at all. That's why Kate is alive in my ending, even though she died in my playthrough.

• So did it matter to save Kate? I saved her. But the people who had Kate and Frank die get to have them alive? Really?

TheCatWolf posted: »

Yes, since we rewinded to the bathroom scene, everything we've done after that didn't happen at all. That's why Kate is alive in my ending, even though she died in my playthrough.

• edited October 2015

Exactly how I feel. Max basically got trolled since Episode 1. It's like it was all for naught just to see if she would sacrifice a place or her friend/lover. It's boggling. Also the fact that Nathan gets fucked over in both ways. He doesn't get to redeem himself and gets killed by Mark or gets imprisoned. This is just... wdf.

• What do you have to do to have Max kiss Chloe in Ep 5?

pr0dz posted: »

I recalled this before Episode 5 way before. The romance is determinant. The hints were obvious. If you kiss Chloe then and there in Episode 3, that was the spark for their shipping. If not, might as well be with Warren. It wasn't surprising.

• Not kiss Warren (and probably kiss her in Episode 3).

What do you have to do to have Max kiss Chloe in Ep 5?

• It somewhat still mattered, we just don't get to see it.

Max takes down Jefferson like before without relying to messing onto timeline.

Yes, it sucks for Max but at least she makes the difference to change how things go.

So did it matter to save Kate? I saved her. But the people who had Kate and Frank die get to have them alive? Really?

• I'm incredibly self-serving so I let the town die so I could save my friend. Not one fuck was given that day.

• Was more like "contact your friends" request. Click baiting. ;)

enter link description here SPOILERS

Sign in to comment in this discussion.