episode 2 too short

My playtime was 1 hour. I would have been ok with a week later release if it could have been longer.

Comments

• You mean Episode 1?

• But aside the episode being short, was it good?

• It was a good hour but I was suprised when the next time on popped up.

• Does the path change depending on whether you choose one character or the other at the end of the first episode? If so, that would definitely be a reason.

• It does, but they could easily have extended the wait time. Or even doubled it.

HiroVoid posted: »

Does the path change depending on whether you choose one character or the other at the end of the first episode? If so, that would definitely be a reason.

• I saw 2 playthroughs and it does, a fair amount too. Pretty much worth replaying because it's like 2 episodes in 1 though it's only 1 hour :(

Does the path change depending on whether you choose one character or the other at the end of the first episode? If so, that would definitely be a reason.

• Sounds good to me then. The argument could be made that more work/time could have been put in each path, but that could be said for any game where more time = less bugs and more content. Eventually, you have to decide what's considered good enough for release.

CarL_J posted: »

I saw 2 playthroughs and it does, a fair amount too. Pretty much worth replaying because it's like 2 episodes in 1 though it's only 1 hour

• Yeah it's good for me too. The first half of the episode is pretty different depending on the EP1 choice so I find that good.

Sounds good to me then. The argument could be made that more work/time could have been put in each path, but that could be said for any gam

• edited October 2015

So, about 2 hours of NEW content in two playthroughs?

I saw 2 playthroughs and it does, a fair amount too. Pretty much worth replaying because it's like 2 episodes in 1 though it's only 1 hour

• Taking away distractions, it took me like an hour and 10 minutes, but that was good because if it was 2 hours I probably wouldn't have finished it in time.

• Good thing i have 2 save files then, however one file has Nice guy Jesse, other file has Jerk Jesse.

• The first half of the episode is pretty different depending on the EP1 choice, so lets say around 1 hr of new content which is pretty good for me

So, about 2 hours of NEW content in two playthroughs?

• Did you rush it or click on everything?

Taking away distractions, it took me like an hour and 10 minutes, but that was good because if it was 2 hours I probably wouldn't have finished it in time.

• I clicked everything, always do.

Did you rush it or click on everything?

• Awww...

I clicked everything, always do.

• I was surprised aswell thought they could added more time with either axel or olivier depending on your choice just so you could of got to know them and i feel like the they crapped on your decision but it was still fun and i am entrigued to see what happens and those environments were great

• It's not out, please check the release date thread for more information.

• I enjoyed it but yeah it was really short. I'm glad it has some replayability though

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2015

This thread brings back memories. I remember when so many people were talking about how short episode one of Bone was, and Telltale listened to fan feedback, extended the length by a long shot, and made a funny joke about the short length in the second episode.

It was too short

That's the best part of the episodic model, as they're able to improve based on fan feedback and poke fun of themselves in the process. I'm actually kind of anxious to see what the joke they make about the length will be in Minecraft: Story Mode episode 3. :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.