Forced to play german

Hey guys,

after I downloaded Episode 2, the game menu and subtitles are completely german. I hate it and want to play the game in english, but I can't change it. The language in the "installscript.vdf" file is set to english, but it won't change ingame.

Anyone have a solution?

I like all the Telltale games, but this release was very catastrophic again. :D

Comments

• Same here man. German and it is so cringey. Telltale please patch the game. This is ridicilous.

• Thread: Minecraft Story Mode

I bought the game on Steam and it had become a update and suddenly it is Russian

• Now I'm fored to play in Chinese (TTG Store Version), does this depend on your system language?

I can't take this sh*ty translation anymore.
    Bad translation, that's one thing.
    But how the hell there are so many missing words and you don't even know?
    EP2

And the updated installer seems missing language option at startup.
    I want to change the language back to English but editing the registry doesn't work anymore.
    (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Telltale Games\MinecraftStoryMode.exe)

• Man i hope i don't have this problem.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I am not a Telltale staff member so i am unable to offer technical assistance but i have passed this information onto them so hopefully they can fix it.

There is a solution that might help on Steam guides so maybe if anyone is having issues that could fix it until Telltale release a patch.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=543348020

• Mine is in portuguese. But i understand it since i come from a country that speaks it. :P

• Don't complain and start learning some foreign languages.

• Same here...I mean I speak German but getting a question in English and then think about answering in German is so dumb because often the meaning changes of what I think she will say and what she actually says :(

• Seriously? I AM german and because I AM ABLE to speak, write and hear english, I absolutely prefer to play so. :D

Don't complain and start learning some foreign languages.

• I gotta bump this post, i got my TTG-MineCraft just today, full of anxiety to play the game i started it and plop the menu and description part was all in german. Okay, my native tongue is german, i am living in germany, but i prefer my games in their original language mostly (if its in english that is), every setting i've looked so far, was labeld for english language, but still i have my german menu (systemlanguage and steam language are english as well)

Is there a solution on the horizon? Or at least an explanation how to change it?
    Best regards

• AND the German Subtitles Are horrible, too! "Du und xx,x% der spieler high Five reuben" i mean...WTF? I was kinda surprised, that it has German Subtitles and such, But Then i realized: they're probably Even worse than in TWDS1.

SethAC posted: »

Seriously? I AM german and because I AM ABLE to speak, write and hear english, I absolutely prefer to play so.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.