Mincraft Story Mode Season Pass Disk Issue [2/2/2016: Telltale resolves issues for 360 users]

I purchased the pre-order disk for Minecraft Story Mode for XBOX ONE. Episode one and the season pass installed on my consolw. Episode 2 says "purchased but not downloaded" but whenever hit "A" to download it brings me to the Xbox Live store to purchase it for $4.99. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator edit:

(If your solution is not found below, submit a request at the Telltale Games Support Center)

For assistance with any problems you have, feel free to consult the Minecraft: Story Mode section of the Telltale Games Support Center. From there, you can search for the solution to your problem depending on what game you are playing as well as the platform you are playing on.

If you still need further assistance, you may also try the following:

Note: Episodes 6 through 8 are included in a separate purchase outside of the Season Pass disc. The Season Pass disc gives you access to Episodes 1 through 5. Episodes 6 through 8 contain a new/bonus storyline and are bundled in the "Adventure Pass" downloadable add-on.

Support Center article: [Xbox 360] My Game Is Asking Me To Purchase Episode 4, But I Own The Season Pass

[RESOLVED FEB 02]

EDIT on FEBRUARY 2ND: UPDATE IS NOW LIVE

>

We have now released an update that we believe will resolve this issue and allow you to download Episode 4 for free using your Season Pass disc.

>

Please start the game while connected to the internet, and you will be prompted to update the game to the latest version. After you download and install the update, open the Download Content Menu in-game, and Episode 4 should appear as 'Purchased but not Downloaded.' You should then be able to select Episode 4 and download it for free using your Season Pass.

>

If you were also prompted to purchase Episode 2 or 3 from this issue, this update should also allow you to download these episodes for free using your Season Pass.

Support Center article: [Xbox One] I Own The Season Pass Disc But Cannot Download DLC Episodes

(Updated 1/27/16)

UPDATE: We have now resolved this issue. To download DLC episodes, please launch the game while connected to the internet, and select the Episodes menu. Select each episode from the episodes list, and it should then begin downloading.

If you are still asked to purchase DLC episodes from the in-game 'Episodes' menu, please ensure the Season Pass file is installed on your console. To do this, please follow these steps:

• Use your cursor to highlight the Minecraft: Story Mode Disc icon on your dashboard
  • Press the 'Menu' button on your Xbox One controller and select 'Manage Bundle'
  • On the following screen ensure the Season Pass file is on left next to the main game icon under the 'Installed' column
  • If the Season Pass file is on the right under the 'Ready to Install' column, select this file and install it
  • Once the file has fully downloaded and is now displayed in the 'Installed' section, exit back to the dashboard
  • Highlight the game icon and Quit Minecraft: Story Mode (we also recommend restarting your console)
  • The next time you launch the game and try to isntall a DLC episode, the store listing should display a green 'Download' prompt instead of 'Buy $4.99'.

If each episode is shown as 'Purchased, Coming Soon' on the in-game Episodes menu, please Quit the game and ensure you are logged into an Xbox Live profile and have a strong and stable internet connection. The next time you launch the game the status for available episodes should update to 'Purchased, but not downloaded' on the in-game Episodes menu. Depending on the quality of your internet connection you may need to repeat this process several times. If the status still has not changed after multiple attempts, please move your save data to an external hard drive or USB drive, disconnect it from the console, and delete all Minecraft: Story Mode save data for that user from the console and cloud storage. Then fully quit and then restart Minecraft: Story Mode and download each available episode. Once all desired episodes are installed, copy your save data back to youe console and resume playing your game.

If you have questions on how to move save data onto different storage devices, please read this Xbox Support article here: http://support.xbox.com/en-ZA/xbox-one/games/manage-storage

Support Center article: [Playstation Platforms] I Own The Season Pass Disc But Cannot Download Episode 2

UPDATE: We have now resolved this issue. To download Episode 2, please launch the game while connected to the internet, and select the Episodes menu. Select Episode 2 from the episodes list, and it should then begin downloading.

Please note that if you currently have the game open, you will need to fully exit/close the game, then relaunch it while connected to the internet for the game to update.

If your solution is not found above, you should contact Telltale Support.

Comments

• Thread: Minecraft Story Mode Disc Episode 2

I purchased the season pass disc on Xbox One, but whenever I try to download episode 2 I keep getting prompted to buy it instead of downloading it. Is there any fix to this problem?

• Same here... Any update on a fix??

• Same thing is happening for me...

• try restarting your xbox or trying at a later time chances are the severs are simply to busy to get a signal back saying yep you own it. I had lots of problems with The walking dead season 2. Wouldn't even start the game 90 percent of the time and I could only play it a day after it came out after waiting the extra day for the stupid steam download. Telltale and steam really shaft the users by making them wait even longer because steam has to update and they only do that at certain times. I have this game on steam still waiting for the stupid update can't even play episode 2 yet because it simply won't even download severs are busy.

• This is crazy .. but then again why expect anything less ...

• same issue here and my son is so disappointed. Wondering how long it's going to take to get an answer ....

• Tried again this morning, the store is still showing the $4.99 Episode 2 charge... Would love an answer from Telltale on this.

• Same here. Really unhappy about this... I picked up the season pass disk yesterday morning and havent been able to download Ep 2 since, and can't find any response from TT. At first I thought there'd be a code for episodes 2-5 in the case, but NOPE.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited October 2015

I am not a Telltale staff member so i can't help with this but both myself and another moderator have passed on information letting Telltale staff know that people are having this issue. I don't know how long it might take them to respond or fix this issue but time zones are also a factor as it is only 7:20 AM in their time zone at the moment so hopefully they find a solution when they get into work.

Whirlspell posted: »

Same here. Really unhappy about this... I picked up the season pass disk yesterday morning and havent been able to download Ep 2 since, and can't find any response from TT. At first I thought there'd be a code for episodes 2-5 in the case, but NOPE.

• Same here... Now I have to deal with a screaming kid. Ha

• I am also having this issue. It would appear that the disc version is not properly registering with the Xbox Store, so it wants us to buy it. Fix this please Telltale.

• Yes it would be nice if they fix this fast, especially since the disc version cost more.

• Thread: Account Requirement?

Do I need an account to play episodes on the Season Pass? To better put it that way, do I need an PSN account to play the episodes on the PS3/PS4 physical release? I asked because I know that we're supposed to download them.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Hey @matteso586!

Yes, you will need a PSN account with an age of 10 or older in order to access the downloadable Episodes from the PlayStation Store.

matteso586 posted: »

Thread: Account Requirement? Do I need an account to play episodes on the Season Pass? To better put it that way, do I need an PSN acco

• for me on Pc episode 2 is coming soon and even though its aready realeased

• I have the same problem with my disc version on ps4.... I cant download episode two exept if pay it again... Dont know what to do :(:(.!!??

• Same issue here on Xbox one - when can we expect an update?

• For anyone who comes across this thread by searching on Google, here's the response I just got from Telltale support:

Hi,

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are working with Microsoft to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Once the issue is resolved, the Xbox Live Store will reflect each DLC episode as Free when playing the disc version of the game. We expect this store update to occur very soon.

Thank you,
    Matt

• XBOX told me to power cycle my XBOX and that didn't work for me.... they haven't gotten back to me with another solution.

Firefly15 posted: »

Same here... Any update on a fix??

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

They have posted about this on the Support center, they are aware of the issue and are currently working on a fix.

Question: I Own The Season Pass Disc But Cannot Download Episode 2

Answer: We are aware of an issue where Season Pass Disc owners are being asked to purchase Episode 2 when attempting to download it in-game. We are currently working hard to resolve this issue with our partners, so that all Season Pass Disc owners have access to download Episode 2 using the Season Pass included on the disc.

We thank you for your patience, and hope to have more information on an update in the near future.

• Now on Day 3 of not being able to play the content I purchased because of a store listing error. >:(

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I just merged another thread to this one about the same issue, please see my post above as Telltale are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix.

Whirlspell posted: »

Now on Day 3 of not being able to play the content I purchased because of a store listing error. >:(

• This issue is still happening for me. I've tried closing the game completely and reloading. I've tried restarting my Xbox. I've tried clearing the Xbox's cache. But it still redirects me to the store with only an option to buy Episode 2, not install.

• How is this STILL not fixed, Telltale? We put up with a lot of problems with your games because we love the stories you craft. But this is so disappointing, locking us out of Ep 2 for 4 days. Between this and the audio bugs I hit in the last Ep of TftB, my expectations of what you can handle now that you have so many plates in the air are at an all time low.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

If anyone is still having problems downloading episode 2 i would recommend submitting a support ticket to get help from Telltale support.

• I am still being asked to pay for ep 2 on the xbox one. Problem not resolved.

• Killed the game completely, and then shut down the Xbox one. Powered it back up, and then launched the game. Went in to the Episodes option, and i could actually download it.
    I did notice when i fired it up after the reboot, when it shows checking for DLC, at the end it actually showed a fairly quick "Updating". Hopefully that helps some of you.

• Telltale I am a fan. But this is for my little brother and he is really mad/sad and I would like just a rough estimate on when it will be fixed because it still isn't working for me at 9:45. And thank you for your great content so far. And for keeping us posted.

• I got my son's xbox one working by quitting the game/app. I won't work if you shut off the xbox then reboot, you have to quit the game. On the dashboard hover over the game/app then press menu button then click on quit. Then put disc back in and then it works. I was able to download episode 2 for free. I hope this helps.

• I was having the same issues as everyone else. I uninstalled and reinstalled my game and that fixed the issue.

• The issue is still unresolved despite what the update states. Not cool Telltale :(

• This doesn't work, I've tried multiple times in my Xbox one and have even uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times. Please fix the issue properly

• Just got off the phone with xbox the content license isnt transferring from the last cally owned disc to the xbox servers ergo we cant download the content without paying, wish they would have generated codes to install the season pass.

• edited October 2015

Despite what the update says, this issue has not been fixed. Restarting the console, unsinstalling/reinstalling the game or switching profiles doesn't work.

Mod, can you please update the post to let users see that the issue has not been fixed yet?

What's next?

• I have Xbox one and I have tried everything and it still doesn't work I have uninstalled and reinstalled I have done everything that something will have said to get it working and it still does not work for me any ideas on Xbox one anybody know when the real fix will happen not the fake one they claimed

• i have almost the same thing but on ps3 it just shows coming soon BUT sometimes there is a little txt with episode 2 is out on the screen in the background

• I uninstalled it and i reinstalled it today and it still says i have to buy episode 2.

• True

Jonckheer posted: »

Despite what the update says, this issue has not been fixed. Restarting the console, unsinstalling/reinstalling the game or switching profi

• This isnt working still. I know the games not long been released but you should fix this fast i havebpaid £23 for this game and i dont appreciate how i have to keep waiting for u to fix come on did walking dead have issues taking along time to fix

• Please mod!! I really wanna play episode 2!

This discussion has been closed.