Episode 3 Waiting Thread - Out Now on PC/Mac/Xbox Live/PSN/iOS/Android, Coming Nov 26 for PS4 EU

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2015

That would be good, but it would stop the number one benefit of Telltale's episodic formula. Creating the episodes in advance would prevent them from taking in player and critic feedback, and would likely result in a much poorer experience (for instance, the first three episodes of Sam & Max: Season One were made without fan input, and are pretty much universally seen as being much less fun than the last three episodes of the season, as Telltale started incorporating fan and critic feedback in the design of the episodes starting with episode 4).

In addition, the entire season of Jurassic Park: The Game and the four CSI games were made in advance and are critically their least well received games, and are seen by most fans as their weakest seasons. Fan feedback in between episodes really does help make the games better.

LineLiar posted: »

This is not what I meant at all. Let me rephrase it: I would like them to complete their games before they even release the very first ep

• Oh, that's right.. I hadn't actually thought about that. Fair point. :)

Jennifer posted: »

That would be good, but it would stop the number one benefit of Telltale's episodic formula. Creating the episodes in advance would prevent

• Your first TellTale game? Welcome, then! I'm glad you are enjoying it.

If you want to get another TellTale game eventually, I highly recommend Tales From the Borderlands. It just ended and it is lots of fun.

I hope it is a little after November 19th, since that is my birthday and this game is too awesome for me to resist spoiling it by watching Y

• Using CSI and Jurassic Park as examples is pretty shaky. I'm pretty sure they were released all at once because they were bad and Telltale wanted to limit the negative buzz. The CSI games were shovelware. I very much doubt they were ever intended as more than a way to make a buck. Jurassic Park was originally planning on having a typical episodic schedule. Then they went silent and released it all at once. It was probably so all the negative reviews would come in at once. I'll grant you Sam & Max, but according to Metacritic, the latter half of the season was only marginally better received than the first half.

Personally, I feel like its a wash as to whether feedback improves a game. They can emphasize things they weren't expecting people to like, and push back things people didn't like. But at the same time, it can make for a less cohesive plot. As much as I liked TftB, it would have been much better if the opening of Episode 1 actually made sense after playing Episode 5. That opening scene really should have been one of the last things they made. Instead, we got this weak explanation of why Fiona and Rhys hated each other, which evaporated instantly after they were rescued.

Also, its not like Telltale would be going in completely blind. They use game testers, after all.

Jennifer posted: »

That would be good, but it would stop the number one benefit of Telltale's episodic formula. Creating the episodes in advance would prevent

• Yeah.

LineLiar posted: »

I wish they finish their other games before releasing the first episode as well, so that they can push them out as quickly as they're doing

• What happens when they don't make more episodes?

• Then the game is over. Once Episode 5 is released, that's it, unless they confirm a Season 2.

Jrcraft posted: »

What happens when they don't make more episodes?

• Thread: Episode 3.

Really enjoyed episode 1 & 2, just wondering if anyone knows when Episode 3 will be released?

• Thread: Episode 3.

Really enjoyed episode 1 & 2, just wondering if anyone knows when Episode 3 will be released?

• They are seriously rushing this game

• Thread: is minecraft story mode episode 3 release date

minecraft storymode episode 3

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Job Stauffer who works for Telltale mentioned that it should be released "this year" so it's possible that it could release some time in late November or December.

maxninja81 posted: »

Thread: is minecraft story mode episode 3 release date minecraft storymode episode 3

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It looks like they are getting ready to start uploading episode 3 files to the Steam database.

enter image description here

https://steamdb.info/app/376870/history/

• Oh jeez...

OzzyUK posted: »

It looks like they are getting ready to start uploading episode 3 files to the Steam database. https://steamdb.info/app/376870/history/

• Already...

They can't do this... It's just... So fast... Everyone just run for your lives!

It looks like they are getting ready to start uploading episode 3 files to the Steam database. https://steamdb.info/app/376870/history/

• sonic's my name and speed's my game!

• edited November 2015

What... 24th november then? I mean... it's not like they're going to release it tomorrow right? :P

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's hard to make a exact prediction based off when the files start to get uploaded to the Steam database as the time between the first files getting added and the episode being released has been fairly random with past games, i guess late November or early December could be a possibility but one of the main things to look out for if the episode being rated.

MimoDX2 posted: »

What... 24th november then? I mean... it's not like they're going to release it tomorrow right? :P

• This is fast but, it's fine guys. There is no need to panic. We only need to panic if it gets classification.

• Don't give me heart attack!

Kateis posted: »

This is fast but, it's fine guys. There is no need to panic. We only need to panic if it gets classification.

• jeez man if they keep this up the series will be over by years end

• GOTTA GO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AngeloMC21 posted: »

sonic's my name and speed's my game!

• If it's another 40 minute episode, I'm not lying. I'm going to BEG for longer waits.

• What in the world?! They can't keep doing it this fast!!! I rather wait 2 months instead of playing another 50 minute episode!!!

• Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this game to bits, but I REALLY would love it if Telltale took their time making the episode and not just rush it to the masses. I'd rather have a great product that would take time to make, not a rushed one in 2 weeks.

• Don't worry guys. I mean the episode isn't rated yet, so theres no need to freak out. I mean is not like the episode will be rated in 10 mins. Right? RIGHT?! :)

• They re probably rushing it because its a simple plot compared to their other games ... or its because the animation and graphics are easier then
    borderlands Got and walking dead
    Got: medival art style plus tons of art scenes plus thinking of good dialogues for king s landing since its pretty much an intelligence contest there and making determinant scenes
    borderlands: Extremely good art style which takes a long time plus good fight scenes plus getting licenses for music plus thinking about jokes plus epic openings plus different items plus...
    walking dead:same thing from GOT
    minecraft story mode: Easy plot, good enought graphics, easy to animate moments , couple of openings and music

Smellmeh posted: »

What in the world?! They can't keep doing it this fast!!! I rather wait 2 months instead of playing another 50 minute episode!!!

• I went to the gamestop expo this summer and a lady who was a representative for telltale told me that they finished the game but for a little wile are gana double check it and make sure its 10)% prefect and not glitchy and or buggy. SO they have finished but they will make sure its the best before releasing.

• about people complaining about the episode lenght ... alot of things are determinant scenes such as: Magnus and ellegaard being the main point.
    different scenes like stayng at the temple and getting an extra scene
    failling the parkour and engaging the endermans in combat with lukas ... so yeah
    plus the other stuff and an easy animation

Wait, this year? O_O Did Telltale FINALLY listen to everyone complaining about how long the episodes took after what happened with Tales/GoT?

• [removed]

UrbanRodrik posted: »

They re probably rushing it because its a simple plot compared to their other games ... or its because the animation and graphics are easier

• Thread: Episode 3 News!

Episode 3 is been uploaded to the steam database

Episode 3

• Please slow down Telltale!

• Dude, I am part of the microsoft develpment team and we bought Minecraft thats how I know

And you know this how?

• Alright then.

Dude, I am part of the microsoft develpment team and we bought Minecraft thats how I know

• TSAF OG ATTOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOTTA GO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• This is too fast Telltale. I can't believe I am saying this. I WANT TO WAIT LONGER!

• Why is everyone wanting to wait longer?? I'm so anxious for episode 3 it's not even funny!!

• Did you guys see the new Picture on the minecraft part of the forums? Pretty cool!

• New picture? Where?

Did you guys see the new Picture on the minecraft part of the forums? Pretty cool!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.