The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• You did what you thought was right man, there's nothing wrong with that. you can't do anything about natural selection sadly, so there is a chance of the mouse dying. at least it didn't die in a trap in your house right?

So me and my siblings were out and came back a few hours later. When I came in I saw something move under the rocking chair, at first I thou

• edited November 2015

Yeah, that's true. It was just so tiny and scared so it really hits the softest part in in my heart. And yeah, we had no traps just a sound device and some super old mice poison my dad got like a year ago lying around. We (except my dad who never really cared) don't like killing mice, it just happens sometimes when we try to catch them. I'd rather catch it than kill it personally. I just hope it survives on its own.

ComingSoon posted: »

You did what you thought was right man, there's nothing wrong with that. you can't do anything about natural selection sadly, so there is a chance of the mouse dying. at least it didn't die in a trap in your house right?

• Seriously, fuck my school and it's need to micro-manage every task. If students had a bit more freedom with their work and didn't get dicked around so often, maybe they'd have more respect for the teachers.

• edited November 2015

Cutting is not an option, it's just a very short term solution to make you feel better, think about yourself 5 minutes later when you cut and you'll realize it's useless.

We're always here for you no matter what.

enter image description here

Mom thinks it's okay for me to go to a place where I'm always pressured by my peers and were teachers bitch on me about why I'm being so qui

• edited November 2015

Now that's what I like to hear!

... Except for the girl passing out part, damn.

Okay, so an update since we had ourselves another class today, and things took a super crazy and totally unexpected turn. But before that, t

• edited November 2015

Well the forest isn't really a mouses natural habitat... if it was you probably wouldn't see them in houses, it really depends on the mouse.

Well you did what you thought was right, can't blame you for that.

So me and my siblings were out and came back a few hours later. When I came in I saw something move under the rocking chair, at first I thou

• These things definitely happened.

Okay, so an update since we had ourselves another class today, and things took a super crazy and totally unexpected turn. But before that, t

• Found out from my brother there's another baby mouse upstairs in the bedroom....

• Looks like I'm a 100% girl repellent.

• maybe keep it in a cage this time?

Found out from my brother there's another baby mouse upstairs in the bedroom....

• Unfortunately, it might be the same one. When you catch and release not too far away, they tend to come back. You have to pretty much drive them out a few miles.

And also unfortunately, there aren't really any good solutions to this.

Found out from my brother there's another baby mouse upstairs in the bedroom....

• I hate bonfire night. Trying to calm my dog down while he has a panic attack because of all the fireworks going off outside.

• You doubt hypocritical college students would do those things?

These things definitely happened.

• edited November 2015

Cutting is an introverted way of which one can use to release negative emotion. While it may seem to work, ultimately it is VERY short term and VERY detrimental. You need to find some way to express and release this emotion within you that does not have negative consequences. For example, you could write about it and use as much emotive and socially unacceptable language as you see fit. No one need read it; you need only write it.

However, the best way, I have found, is that you TALK to someone. I know it sounds cliched and cheesy, but you must talk to someone. I gather, by the fact that you are cutting yourself and that you have yet to talk to someone that is not through the internet, that you are anxious about doing so, maybe because you think it mightn't work, because you are worried of being percieved in a negative light, because you do not wish to bring it upon someone else to bear the proverbial load, perhaps because it may show you to be weak or some combination thereof. But let me tell you this: you must find someone to speak to face to face. I thought like I just described once, but none of my worries were founded AT ALL.

It will help. Trust me, for I know how it is to be so depressed and to feel that you mustn't or can't speak to someone.

Mom thinks it's okay for me to go to a place where I'm always pressured by my peers and were teachers bitch on me about why I'm being so qui

• Why do you say that?

Charlieh65 posted: »

Looks like I'm a 100% girl repellent.

• Yeah. Like, seriously.

These things definitely happened.

• move to paris and take it with you, make it a gourmet chef

• That's another rejection from a girl...These teen girls are ruthless.

• At least you've got the balls to ask, I can hardly start a simple conversation.

That's another rejection from a girl...These teen girls are ruthless.

• Dating in high school is pointless.

That's another rejection from a girl...These teen girls are ruthless.

• Hell, the worst part is she said yes but just cancelled it because she wasn't feeling it.

At least you've got the balls to ask, I can hardly start a simple conversation.

• Eh, I want a few good mistakes to look back on.

Dating in high school is pointless.

• Damn, sorry man, that must suck.

Hell, the worst part is she said yes but just cancelled it because she wasn't feeling it.

• Yeah, it does but shit happens, best to learn from it and move on.

Damn, sorry man, that must suck.

• edited November 2015

The way I look at it: Priorities. Why am I going to waste my time on something that I will just forget about later on in my life and is bound not to last. School decides how your future turns out. Being distracted by someone you probably won't know in the next year or two is pointless and does more harm than good.

Dating is to find out who you're going to spend the rest of your life with. In highschool, people are still figuring out who they really are. How can someone else already know they want to spend their life with you if not even YOU know who you fully are yet? Then in the end people get disappointed cause it didn't last. It's drama waiting to happen, that's all.

That's how I see it.

Eh, I want a few good mistakes to look back on.

• I'm not going to argue with you because you're right.

However, I see it in a different light. High school is a place to learn, not only the things teachers teach you but also where you belong, what you like, and who you are. If I go throughout high school without attempting to date then when I start I'll just mess up, I would prefer to learn how to be good at it when i'm bad at everything at the same time so later in life I'll do good. It's more of a learning experience for me right now, I'll use this petty high school drama to make someone a very happy person one day.

The way I look at it: Priorities. Why am I going to waste my time on something that I will just forget about later on in my life and is bou

• edited November 2015

I guess.

But Trying to learn off of highschool girls could set bad examples, (aka sluts) could hinder your future choices badly.

But do what you wish I guess.

I'm not going to argue with you because you're right. However, I see it in a different light. High school is a place to learn, not only t

• Well, I'm not exactly jumping on every girl, I do have preferences and I can't say the girls that "get around" are one of them.

I guess. But Trying to learn off of highschool girls could set bad examples, (aka sluts) could hinder your future choices badly. But do what you wish I guess.

• Wish I had one atm.

maybe keep it in a cage this time?

• Nah, it's a brown one from what my brother told me. The one from before was a grey and white one. But there could be a chance the other returns.

I'm kinda hoping there be a pet store or some place to take them in.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Unfortunately, it might be the same one. When you catch and release not too far away, they tend to come back. You have to pretty much drive them out a few miles. And also unfortunately, there aren't really any good solutions to this.

• Ah, nice movie reference. haha

move to paris and take it with you, make it a gourmet chef

• These kind of conversations are so adorable. Especially when they involve pseudo-philosophical high school-aged people giving sage dating/relationship advice to other high school-aged people.

Well, I'm not exactly jumping on every girl, I do have preferences and I can't say the girls that "get around" are one of them.

• Agreed.

Dating in high school is pointless.

• she wasn't feeling it

Hell, the worst part is she said yes but just cancelled it because she wasn't feeling it.

• "Art thous feeling it now, Mister Krabs."

My inner Grammar Nazi hates that line. It should be "dost thou feelest it yet, Krabs?"

she wasn't feeling it

• Ah, please share your wisdom then, with your attitude you must have had dozens of perfect relationships.

These kind of conversations are so adorable. Especially when they involve pseudo-philosophical high school-aged people giving sage dating/relationship advice to other high school-aged people.

• I honestly wish all the fake people who say high to me sarcastically would just fuck off. If you don't have nothing genuine to say, then don't bother.

• This may sound mean, but does the little shit pay rent? They just shit around your house and steal some of your food. Mice harbor in your house without you even knowing, so... Yeah. They also carry some disease...

• I am very much not trying to spike up LGBT discrimination. But I feel like most teenage girls are just going with the flow and faking being lesbian/bi. I'm being completely cereal (starting now) that the amount of gay people randomly sky rocketed the last few years. And most of them -instead of boy hopping- girl hop a lot. Tf man, this seems way off. But it may be just me that feels this ._. This probably could have gone somewhere else than the vent thread, but I've lost some female friends because they either ARE lesbian/bi or are pretending to be, they feel like I'm 'hitting on them' when I ask what they're doing....

• I know what you are saying. I just don't like killing.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

This may sound mean, but does the little shit pay rent? They just shit around your house and steal some of your food. Mice harbor in your house without you even knowing, so... Yeah. They also carry some disease...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.