Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Eh, I dunno, I would have found that a bit ridiculous.

I just wanted to interact with Rachel at some point, haha.

TheCatWolf posted: »

Ah, seeing these things makes me sad. I know these things happen all the time in game development, but I wish they had stuck to the original

• Yeah, Im kinda mixed with the ending, like I said I wish I chose the sacrifice Chloe because its alot more emotional and honestly just feels better, but I feel like they could have done something more with the not sacrificing Chloe instead of adding that whole nightmare thing

Flog61 posted: »

Interesting. I sort of think the entire artistic point is that the choices don't matter, that all the time we've spent with Max has been erased. Yet at the same time, it did happen - as Chloe said 'All those moments were real'.

• edited November 2015

Hm. Maybe the choice to sacrifice chloe or arcadia bay came earlier in the episode, and if you choose to sacrifice the town then the game ends there. If you sacrifice chloe, you go back in time then maybe end up in hospital as a result of changing so much time with your power, causing mental trauma..?

MichaelBP posted: »

(Continued) Episode 5 January leak chapter names: * Episode5Sub1="Dark Room" * Episode5Sub2="Dark Room - Focus" * Episode5Sub3="Ar

• edited November 2015

Maybe they would ask him for a lift or something, for some reason? And then, when they find Rachel's body, he turns on them? Again, I'm almost 100% certain I saw something about a choice between telling Chloe (or maybe David) to kill someone (Jefferson or maybe Nathan) in this scene , or calling the police.

EDIT: Or maybe for those 2 choices involved Chloe asking Max what they should do at the junkyard? Though, if Jefferson was with them, that wouldn't make sense.

I find it interesting how the 'Jefferson Car' seen would have happened before the Junkyard scene. If we would have encountered Jefferson before going to the junkyard, then why would we have ended up there, I wander.

• edited November 2015

Maybe that could be it. I'm surprised Max didn't get another nosebleed after going back in time to the bathroom. Maybe once she was back in the present, she'd geet a really bad one and pass out? Someone could've been with her at the cliff and either call an ambulance or take her to the hospital. The nightmare could've been like the one in th final episode 5 or something else entirely. Who knows, maybe the things in the nightmare poiting to Max being dead would be what actually happened, in this version of the story.

Hm. Maybe the choice to sacrifice chloe or arcadia bay came earlier in the episode, and if you choose to sacrifice the town then the game en

• Oh, I never really though about the name of the party to be honest, it makes sense though. I still liked EP5 as well, overall. I was just expecting something bigger, especially because of the many theories out there in the internet, so I had high hopes for the ending. Some of them could actually be true, too bad we'll probably never know. :(

Yeah, I really would've preferred it to what we got. I still like the final product, but I can't help wonder what could've been. Nathan know

• Well, if they came up with something that actually made sense, then I think it would be very interesting.

So did I! She looked so cool. I had high hopes she would appear at some point in EP4. Quite a shock when we found out what happened to her. :(

Eh, I dunno, I would have found that a bit ridiculous. I just wanted to interact with Rachel at some point, haha.

• It also makes sense that some people would be covered, and some people wouldn't, as covering with a cloth at death is often religious (for instance, Jewish people covering mirrors with a cloth in a house of mourning).

Deltino posted: »

From a perspective of environmental storytelling, it makes sense. If avoiding ratings was a goal for them, covering the body can accomplish

• edited November 2015

You know the one thing I regret? It's that I never got the chance to see Max do the one trick I had mentioned in the past: taking someone back in time with her by holding onto them while rewinding. Because everything that she holds on to, (camera bag, cell phone, ect.) they get taken back with her. I always thought it'd be neat if she tried that on a person, like Chloe for example.

However, there's one thing that I am also glad about: Never seeing Sean Prescott in person. Everyone has always mentioned about what a mean bastard he is, and all those notes and emails he wrote to Nathan, Wells, and even his "final polite" warning text to Max just proves it.

• edited November 2015

There's some journal art used for the achievements on xboxachievements.com, that went unused in the final journal.

enter image description here

The eyeball on the lighthouse reminds me of the Sauron's tower, from TLOR.

Unused journal art depicting Max and Chloe on the cliff. Possibly was going to become part of the journal after you make a choice, so there might've been more gameplay sections?

They also used this same art:

I've always wondered what is up with the green glow, or is that normal?

• So maybe Moral was a little too strong, but the way the game played out there wasn't really any second thought as to what I would do and to do the opposite, in my mind, would have been wrong. This person puts it far better than I could.. My Life Is Strange Ending Was Selfish and That’s Hella Fine

You think it's immoral to save Arcadia Bay?

• edited November 2015

Guys...

Looks like Life Is Strange 2 confirmed.

Life Is Strange 2

• What?

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Guys... Looks like Life Is Strange 2 confirmed. Life Is Strange 2

• For who do not understand French, it tries to translate:

Do you have your own video game projects remain after Me?
    ADD:. We had to do it, but it depends 2 Capcom the game publisher I worked as a script Doctor Life is Strange, is being developed by Studio DONTNOD and I later take Life is Strange 2

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Guys... Looks like Life Is Strange 2 confirmed. Life Is Strange 2

• Wow Jefferson is trying to play it off on his words. Episode 3 beta gave him away.

Unused dialogue of Max and Jefferson from episode 3. enter link description here

• I don't think I'll ever understand that thing about Tumblr being used by feminists and I actually don't even see what it has to do with this topic. I don't use tumblr but I'm pretty sure that there are many people who liked the ending regardless of whether or not they're feminists. I personally didn't really enjoy it because I expected a lot more from the game after all that had happened. The whole episode felt rushed to me.

One of the worst endings in any video game I have ever played. The tumblr feminists wants this game to be better than it is so they try to j

• Life is Strange and The Walking Dead crossover?!

AMC, Telltale, DONTNOD, please do that!

• Thanks for these awesome findings.

(Final part) And here's videos from the beta episode 2 and unused audio. Episode 2 beta: * https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McAP7n

• Ohhh no no non no no. This Cant be Happening. If this Happens, i will quit TTG forever. But it wont. Luckily.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Life is Strange and The Walking Dead crossover?! AMC, Telltale, DONTNOD, please do that!

• Aww shucks, thank you. :) Knew it was agood idea to keep track of all the leaks, beta and unused stuff I've during the year..

renard999 posted: »

Thanks for these awesome findings.

• enter image description here

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Life is Strange and The Walking Dead crossover?! AMC, Telltale, DONTNOD, please do that!

• This would never happen, in a zombie apocalypse, Chloe would die in the first 5 seconds.

• edited November 2015

Life is Strange Season 2 - The Presconing!

Whatever Max chose, she believes that the threat is over and she can finally live in peace. But oh no! Sean Presscot the Bastard TM appears and suddenly Max is facing her biggest threat yet. Gets thrown back in the past, expect her "nemesis" is following her.

_>

• Yay, we agreed about something. :)

Oh, well obviously. I have no idea how I'd act in real life. The same is true for everyone playing the game, though, regardless of whether they killed Chloe or the residents of the town.

• Yes, we know. You love Chloe, she's your favourite character.

This would never happen, in a zombie apocalypse, Chloe would die in the first 5 seconds.

• edited November 2015

From a storytelling standpoint, sacrificing Chloe is a good ending and pretty deep (Max will always remember that last week she had with Chloe, even if Chloe dies never getting to see Max again after she left for Seattle) but the problem is it makes your choices irrelevant

Even if I'll admit that sacrificing Chloe is better from a storytelling perspective, I like the sacrifice Arcadia Bay ending so much more...first off Chloe was probably my favorite character so I knew from the start that, if she was gonna be a determinant character, of course I was gonna save her, but I actually thought the ending that we got was pretty powerful...Max accepting the consequences of her actions, holding onto Chloe and preparing for the worst

Plus, the rushed ending of them driving through ruined Arcadia Bay leaves it open-ended, so, even if the developers intended for it to be that everyone died, you can choose to believe that not everyone did, and thus your choices mattered

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah, Im kinda mixed with the ending, like I said I wish I chose the sacrifice Chloe because its alot more emotional and honestly just feels

• And Max would rewind and save her from getting bitten.

This would never happen, in a zombie apocalypse, Chloe would die in the first 5 seconds.

• Yeah, me too. I was hoping that they'd go for the less obvious one, but that wasn't the case. We'll only know what all their scrapped ideas were if they actually talk about them in detail. There is a rumor that there'll be a retail release. At least it popped up on Amazon Germany, I think, and it was set for release on 22nd of January, close to the game's 1 year anniversary. It'd be awesome if they included some extra stuff, like info on the scrapped stuff, And an art book too.

TheCatWolf posted: »

Oh, I never really though about the name of the party to be honest, it makes sense though. I still liked EP5 as well, overall. I was just ex

• Yes, she's just (swallows every ounce of my pride and dies a bit on the inside) hella amazing.

Yes, we know. You love Chloe, she's your favourite character.

• There ya go, was it really that hard?

Yes, she's just (swallows every ounce of my pride and dies a bit on the inside) hella amazing.

• hella amazing.

*hella amazeballs.

Yes, she's just (swallows every ounce of my pride and dies a bit on the inside) hella amazing.

• Do you know how fucking hard it was for me to type that, saying anything else would have probably killed me.

dojo32161 posted: »

hella amazing. *hella amazeballs.

• Life is hella strange I suppose.

Do you know how fucking hard it was for me to type that, saying anything else would have probably killed me.

• enter image description here

Life is hella strange I suppose.

• Maybe you'll have more fun if we bring you to the mosh pit?

• edited November 2015

Don't you even fucking dare. Besides, I prefer the Wall of Death

Let's see Life is Strange ruin this, it is virtually impossible.

Maybe you'll have more fun if we bring you to the mosh pit?

• I was looking for a good image and I found this to be funny and related to our mosh pit of death conversation.

Don't you even fucking dare. Besides, I prefer the Wall of Death Let's see Life is Strange ruin this, it is virtually impossible.

• However, the reason why he said that was because he was being sued by people who got hurt in a mosh pit at one of his concerts, which was later dropped and, as a result, he didn't have to stop. Soooo...

This is going to be fun

I was looking for a good image and I found this to be funny and related to our mosh pit of death conversation.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.