The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• edited November 2015

Is it that constant vomiting thing again?

Good thing you're okay <3

• Wow, that's a pretty long time, I saw that you weren't as active [at least on Rhyiona thread] as before. At least it's over, you good now, Dominic?

• glad you're back <3

the last time i was at the hospital was over a year ago, when i was diagnosed with breakbone fever.

idiot nurse showed me how long the needle was of the dextrose.

i would've slapped her but the pain of my hand was over the extremes.

• edited November 2015

so there was this small puppy that goes to my school almost everyday, he's very friendly and goes near to any student who calls him over.

days after my grandpa died, i returned to school. on that same day, but friends and I were looking for him, because it was quite rare for him to never show up in school campus.

so we asked this lady who works for the school, and she said that the dog died of sickness....

okay, I lost 4 important people in my life plus a stray dog that i have emotional attachment with.

this is officially the shittiest year of the entire universe.

• edited December 2021

Is it that constant vomiting thing again? Good thing you're okay

• edited December 2021

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Wow, that's a pretty long time, I saw that you weren't as active [at least on Rhyiona thread] as before. At least it's over, you good now, Dominic?

• This is some sad stuff!! As an animal lover and with two dogs of my own it's always sad to hear of them dying.

Oh man, I'm very sorry to hear about all your loss this year. It does always seem like bad news comes in groups sometimes. Good thing this year is almost over, eh? You get a whole new year soon, and I hope it's amazing for you.

Dealing with stuff like this isn't ever easy, but I do hope things get better for you soon :-)

so there was this small puppy that goes to my school almost everyday, he's very friendly and goes near to any student who calls him over.

• That doesn't sound fun. I usually just look the hell away and hope for the best when there's a needle involved.

glad you're back the last time i was at the hospital was over a year ago, when i was diagnosed with breakbone fever. idiot nurse show

• I hate being allergic to pets, everytime I see a stray cat or dog my heart breaks, knowing I can't save it. I love dogs and it's really hard for me, the only way around it is that I play with my friends dog instead of getting my own, since long exposure causes the allergies.

• You'll have a lot of work then, I suposse. Yeah, you need a rest. :]

• So, I'll be starting some rehearsals soon for some street theatre performances I'm involved in. I haven't really done much performing for a couple of months now and it's only been going to small workshops and stuff. The rehearsals are starting on Monday and even though it's a good thing that I'm involved my anxiety has really kicked in for seeing everyone there. They're all people I've met in the past and I've worked with a few of them before too, but I can't help be nervous. Like, even though they're all nice people, for some reason I have it in my mind that no one there is going to like me anymore or that I'm not going to be good enough.

I know I probably sound dumb as hell, and I feel really dumb, but I just needed to rant about it and get off my chest how I feel. I know this is nothing compared to what some people post on the page but whenever I think about having to go I feel like I can't breathe and get so worked up but I know as soon as I get there I'll be fine and love it. It's just the THOUGHT of going and seeing people, you get me? I don't even know. Just stupid social anxiety.

• I looked away, but that dumb nurse showed me the needle after.

That's why I have a phobia on needles, they're pointy and it hurts.

That doesn't sound fun. I usually just look the hell away and hope for the best when there's a needle involved.

• Good luck! :)

Don't think about who's there watching you, focus on your role. :D

So, I'll be starting some rehearsals soon for some street theatre performances I'm involved in. I haven't really done much performing for a

• Hey, don't feel like your problem is too trivial for this thread. It's a place to discuss problems, both big and small.

Performance anxiety is a very common issue, and as a frequent public speaker, I feel your pain. There's no golden bullet that can make you less fearful, but there are coping methods you can find all over the web. That said, I've always found that the best medicine is straight-up practice. Practice your lines ad nauseum, with particular focus on phrases that make you slip up. Try not to get flustered if you mess up, just keep going. Once you've internalized what you're going to say, you can focus on getting the delivery just right.

Something else to note is that the other people involved are probably freaked out too, or felt that way in the past. Might be worthwhile to own up to your nervousness and seek advice.

So, I'll be starting some rehearsals soon for some street theatre performances I'm involved in. I haven't really done much performing for a

• I know this is nothing compared to the other posts here, and I may come off as ignorant because of it, but can someone remind me...

What's the point of homework again?

• I agree that practice is the best cure, I definitely think it's because I've just been out of it for a few months now so I'm just a little rusty. I would love for this to just be all about saying my lines, but because it's street theatre we'll be going in and improvising most of the day. You see we've been given little parts and characters to go on and a story and when we go in we'll be devising and improvising some ideas we could use. So I think I'm just freaking out about the improv side of it, I think I'm just going to get the story and character down in my mind. I guess I'm just scared of going in and failing! All the people there are lovely though and I hope they're probably as nervous as me to start too. I might make a group chat with them just to break the ice a little actually.

Thank you so much for your lovely advice, it has eased my mind up a lot :-)

BigBlindMax posted: »

Hey, don't feel like your problem is too trivial for this thread. It's a place to discuss problems, both big and small. Performance anxi

• No problem, best of luck!

I agree that practice is the best cure, I definitely think it's because I've just been out of it for a few months now so I'm just a little r

• It's a valuable life lesson. It should teach you that while learning is important, repeating mind-numbing redundant activities is even MORE important. This will be a crucial skill to have once you make it out into the working world.

CosmicSouls posted: »

I know this is nothing compared to the other posts here, and I may come off as ignorant because of it, but can someone remind me... What's the point of homework again?

• I think homework is fine, but f**k algebra and calculus and chemistry. Like I was ever gonna use them in life lol

I know this is nothing compared to the other posts here, and I may come off as ignorant because of it, but can someone remind me... What's the point of homework again?

• It's suppose to reaffirm what you learned in the classroom. Trust me, when you have to learn more information in a smaller amount of time, conditioning yourself to take homework and learning outside the classroom seriously will be very helpful in whatever profession you choose to enter.

• As much as I'm hurting financially, nothing made me feel more like shit than my sister telling me that my dad is in early stage of dementia and I really don't have the means to help for his care.

• I guess I'm not really old enough to appreciate it.

pcharl01 posted: »

It's suppose to reaffirm what you learned in the classroom. Trust me, when you have to learn more information in a smaller amount of time,

• CrazyGeorgeCrazyGeorge Banned
    edited November 2015

Good luck man, my father passed away from Alzheimer's so i know where this road is leading. Life is tough you know. I hope you have lots of patience, it only gets worse.

pcharl01 posted: »

As much as I'm hurting financially, nothing made me feel more like shit than my sister telling me that my dad is in early stage of dementia and I really don't have the means to help for his care.

• Why is it that PlayStation gets a pass on the whole Street fighter exclusive, but when Square does the same fucking thing people are pissed .

Please...

enter image description here

Well I am freaking pissed even more at Microsoft and Square Enix. So Rise Of The tomb raider reviews are coming out and it is getting 9's al

• CrazyGeorgeCrazyGeorge Banned
    edited November 2015

Because PS4 > Xbox 1?
    {when it comes to sales]

We will see how well it sells on the same day Fallout 4 comes out won't we. I was going to try the first one or whatever, the "remake", then i found out the sequel this game was going to be a exclusive. It turned me off the entire series.

Cope49 posted: »

Why is it that PlayStation gets a pass on the whole Street fighter exclusive, but when Square does the same fucking thing people are pissed . Please...

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited November 2015

i found out the sequel this game was going to be a exclusive.It turned me off the entire series.

Same thing with the new Street Fighter .

I have a PS4 . Not all that impressed .

CrazyGeorge posted: »

Because PS4 > Xbox 1? {when it comes to sales] We will see how well it sells on the same day Fallout 4 comes out won't we. I was

• I feel sick right now. My grandmother passed away and it doesn't feel real. She was such a lovely lady and seeing her gone makes me feel very numb. She used to light up the place by making dinner, talking, those grandmother kinds of things. I once told her I was gonna make a cake for both my grandma and my grandpa and they were so exitcted but now my grandma is not able to taste it. I know it's part of life but I didn't think it would happen to soon :(

• Sorry to hear it, I really dread the day when I lose my grandmother. My condolences.

iHeartTWD posted: »

I feel sick right now. My grandmother passed away and it doesn't feel real. She was such a lovely lady and seeing her gone makes me feel ver

• I also hate how when I make a joke about PC Masterrace, or console peasants, I get attacked by Console Gamers. Happened on this very forum, by someone who shall remain nameless.

Additional rant: I f**ing hate the gaming community. Everyone has to be a freaking douche to each other and always start console wars and al

• I lost my grandpa about 2 - 3 weeks ago. It hurts for awhile, but it's life. Things will get better, I promise you.

enter image description here

I feel sick right now. My grandmother passed away and it doesn't feel real. She was such a lovely lady and seeing her gone makes me feel ver

• Either that, or that these people you speak of are in a better financial position.

Ever since Black Ops 3 came out, some friends on Xbox Live keep badgering me to get Black OOps 3, even though the earliest I can get it is Christmas. Fuck, it's like people forget that AAA games are expensive.

• Alas, for woe is us!

I am hoping that - given the time between now and then - that more work will be put into the PS4 version. Either that, or that they shall at least release a complete edition at a reduced cost. If neither of these situations come to fruition, then I would beleive it safe to declare Square Enix officially soulless.

Wait a minute... 4TH QUARTER 2016!!!

• Exclusitivity deals are just wrong. No matter how it is dressed up.

As for what you are saying, I recall that there was a significant amount of backlash among fans of Street Fighter. I shall grant that it was nowhere near as large as it is here, but it was there

Why is it that PlayStation gets a pass on the whole Street fighter exclusive, but when Square does the same fucking thing people are pissed . Please...

• If I was to ask any amount of working class people, I would bet that they would say that they rarely use trigonometry more often than not.

I think homework is fine, but f**k algebra and calculus and chemistry. Like I was ever gonna use them in life lol

• Not that I know of, they just seem to praise Call of Duty above every other game out there like it's the Bible or something. I'm planning on getting Black Ops 3, but it's not my biggest priority, given how stale Call of Duty feels nowadays. Honestly, I'll be glad when the series just dies and people can move on to something fresh.

Either that, or that these people you speak of are in a better financial position.

• I'm sorry to hear that. I love my grandma so much, and my grandpa passed away a few years ago, so I know it must be tough. You have my condolences.

• Very sorry for that, may she rest in peace. Stay strong.

• TBH i don't really care about Street Fighter 5, uncharted or any other lame PS4 exclusive. I can't really think of any good ones, now if they had Fatal Frame, then we talking.

i found out the sequel this game was going to be a exclusive.It turned me off the entire series. Same thing with the new Street Fighter . I have a PS4 . Not all that impressed .

• Things to bitch about.

Spent 30 minutes in a Mcdonald's Drive thru , waiting for a number 2. WTF MCdonalds, my ptsd anger was off the charts. I was spasming spit out of my mouth, screaming at my phone. I was already angry at the AT&T Girl. My phone for some reason stopped receiving calls, yet i didn't know it. I find out this week, that my ex girlfriend was trying to call me, and i get like 45 voicemails of.

WHy R U IGNORING M3.

My life does not revolve entertaining you. We are not together anymore, after you broke up with me i don't have to answer your calls. Remember you called me CRAZY and stormed off at Caitlin's Graduation. I had to hitch a ride back home because you took my car.

• But PC is the masterrace. Literally the only thing that a console can have over a PC is exclusives.

Additional rant: I f**ing hate the gaming community. Everyone has to be a freaking douche to each other and always start console wars and al

Sign in to comment in this discussion.