Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Did you guys know about this? if you enter a wrong code 50+ times she will say this, and the door will actually be unlocked. I Just tried it.
    enter image description here

• Hah, I just checked the files. I can't believe this is actually a thing. xD

renard999 posted: »

Did you guys know about this? if you enter a wrong code 50+ times she will say this, and the door will actually be unlocked. I Just tried it.

• Yeah, Life is Strange has plenty of fail safes most of the players will not encounter during their first playthrough.

Heck Max spells some of the solutions etc out to you if you seriously don't get them or just want to see what happens if you pretend to be stuck.

Did you guys know about this? if you enter a wrong code 50+ times she will say this, and the door will actually be unlocked. I Just tried it.

• 4 great episodes followed by a fifth shitty episode of predictable plot turns and French surrealism.

• Of course Imogen Heap was used. lol.

Legendary12 posted: »

enter link description here

• edited November 2015

) LIFE IS STRANGE SEASON 2 CONFIRMED

• Chloe's death

So, let me ask y'all something. If you people had to decide on one scene from this whole game that would be your favorite, what would it be?

• *lose

This time you'll loose Witcher 3 MOUHAHAHAHa

• enter image description here

Well, looks like I'm gonna triple dip on the game.

• Which one? :p

Gary-Oak posted: »

Chloe's death

• I wouldn't mind if any of you guys gave me that for christmas...

MichaelBP posted: »

• Wow. I would be interested in having all that, but I already bought and downloaded the whole game. Is it weird to buy the game twice? :-/

• I've bought it twice, once for the PC and a second time for the PS4. Wouldn't mind buying the limited edition.

Wow. I would be interested in having all that, but I already bought and downloaded the whole game. Is it weird to buy the game twice? :-/

• I have some bug in Episode 5 in End scene with Chloe :Р

• Wow Max's life sure is strange

• Hella strange indeed

VRKATBOY03 posted: »

Wow Max's life sure is strange

• So Jefferson and Chloe's voice actors are in Fallout 4

• edited November 2015

enter link description here
    Look at the billboard in the background.SEASON 2 CONFIRMED!!!

• edited November 2015

Chromatic aberration (CA) on:

CA off:

CA on:

CA off:

(From the PC version at max settings, with FXAA off and either 4 or 8 MSAA, can't remember since it's been a while since I took these shots)

• I noticed, I was kind of surprised at finding one of them, then to learn that they live in the same place was kinds strange.

Clemenem posted: »

So Jefferson and Chloe's voice actors are in Fallout 4

• edited November 2015

The final render will be at 4k resolution and will have different lighting set-up.

• More unused audio: http://chloepriceprotectionsquad.tumblr.com/post/133177748669/cut-audio-from-the-art-gallery

Max: "There'll be another contest, Max. You won't get another Chloe"

• edited November 2015

After reading a discussion in the Steam forums, I realized something about the sacrifice Chloe ending that I can't believe I hadn't thought of before.

So the game establishes that when Max goes back in time through a photo, that it kinda creates an auto pilot Max once she leaves, which is why she told Chloe to tell auto pilot her exactly what she told her. Okay.

So, the butterfly photo Max uses to go back to Monday comes from a point where Max used her power at least twice, and she only had one objective at the time, save the girl in the bathroom/Chloe. So, Monday Max presumably blacks out once our Max goes back in time to that point, to let Chloe die. The thing is, once our Max stops controlling Monday Max, wouldn't MMax save Chloe? After all, she is aware of her power, it's why she was even there in the first place and has no idea of the consequences to altering time, seeing as she never experienced what our Max did....

So... shouldn't this ending actually lead to a loop instead? One where our Max goes back to that point, but it doesn't matter because the Monday Max will still save Chloe.?

• Not really.

Max discovered her rewind power once she held up her hand, and the moment that Present-time Max does not rewind and goes back to the present leaving the Auto-pilot Max to just discover what had just happened. She wanted to save the girl in the bathroom but she doesn't know how thus she never discovered her rewind power.

From then on, Auto-pilot Max does not have rewind powers until the Present-time Max comes back into her body.

After reading a discussion in the Steam forums, I realized something about the sacrifice Chloe ending that I can't believe I hadn't thought

• What if in the sacrifice Chloe ending Max has a photo of Chloe that she travels through to visit her everyday? She doesn't change anything, but she just gets to revisit her friend, I think that'd be sweet.

• edited November 2015

But shouldn't auto-pilot Max know everything that our Max knew at the point our travelled to? She should already know about her power because the current butterfly photo came from a point where she used her power at least twice. Wouldn't she try something to save Chloe?

Not really. Max discovered her rewind power once she held up her hand, and the moment that Present-time Max does not rewind and goes back

• It's going back to the part on the very beginning of the game where Max just needed a time out, not to save Chloe.

But shouldn't auto-pilot Max know everything that our Max knew at the point our travelled to? She should already know about her power becaus

• But the picture was taken after she used her power the first time... wouldn't Monday Max know that already?

It's going back to the part on the very beginning of the game where Max just needed a time out, not to save Chloe.

• I don't think she'd be able to do that. I think that'd break her completely, like living in a dream that can't be true.

AAA_Jane posted: »

What if in the sacrifice Chloe ending Max has a photo of Chloe that she travels through to visit her everyday? She doesn't change anything, but she just gets to revisit her friend, I think that'd be sweet.

• enter image description here

time travel iscomplicated ;-;

But the picture was taken after she used her power the first time... wouldn't Monday Max know that already?

• Tell me about it. :(

time travel iscomplicated ;-;

• The problem with the first and second butterfly photos is essentially a plot hole. I think the game hopes you'll assume the memory that Max enters is from the first one, even though it's actually the second one. But it's worth noting, that there is a limit to how far back Max can rewind (sometimes only a few seconds before reality distorts and she clutches her head in pain). This limit changes depending on the situation. I would assume that the 'butterfly photo' memory ends when Chloe dies from her wound. Then stand-in Monday Max is back, but discovers she can't rewind back far enough (into the 'memory' timeline) to save Chloe. Alternatively Max might have lost her time travel powers once Chloe meets her destiny and is irretrievably dead. Note that the first time Max rewinds is when she fixes her broken camera. The time she holds up her hand in the bathroom is different, because she gets shunted back to an earlier point and location in her own timestream, which isn't how her rewind actually works.

Tell me about it.

• It's best for Max to accept that Chloe is dead but in a better place.

What if in the sacrifice Chloe ending Max has a photo of Chloe that she travels through to visit her everyday? She doesn't change anything, but she just gets to revisit her friend, I think that'd be sweet.

• The limit to how far back Max can go is something that seems to be at odds with the gameplay. Kinda. In the diner in episode 3, you can rewind back to when you first entered it and only talk with Frank, if I'm not mistaken, after having done the full conversations with Nathan and the Officer, which are somewhat long.

The problem with the first and second butterfly photos is essentially a plot hole. I think the game hopes you'll assume the memory that Max

• I think Max said it in a playthrough I watched days ago.

Could just be my imagination.

More unused audio: http://chloepriceprotectionsquad.tumblr.com/post/133177748669/cut-audio-from-the-art-gallery Max: "There'll be another contest, Max. You won't get another Chloe"

• Could be one of those lines that only plays if you do nothing for a while.

I think Max said it in a playthrough I watched days ago. Could just be my imagination.

• Yeah, that's my point. It varies greatly depending on the situation. Sometimes it's really long. Sometimes you can barely rewind back at all. It's just a limitation in the game mechanic that's there to prevent Max from basically being a god, able to do literally anything. Like for instance, when you make a major decision, why can't you rewind back and change it again once you leave the room? e.g. if you 'Report Nathan' in episode 1, as soon as you go through the door to the courtyard outside, you can't rewind back and change your mind. What's so special about the door, that once you've gone through it you can no longer rewind back to the decision? Why does signing the statement at the end of episode 2, mean you suddenly can't rewind to before you signed and change who you blame? When you can rewind all the way back through long conversations, it's because you may have to in order to get the information you need for the game to progress. Whereas you can't rewind back that far when you don't actually need to. It's not at odds with the gameplay - the game is just making sure you can't do whatever you want.

The limit to how far back Max can go is something that seems to be at odds with the gameplay. Kinda. In the diner in episode 3, you can rewi

• And thus having the explanation within the game: "Time rewinds to whatever point it wishes."

Not really word-per-word but that's what it tries to tell.

Yeah, that's my point. It varies greatly depending on the situation. Sometimes it's really long. Sometimes you can barely rewind back at all

• Except if you chose Bae over Bay, of course :)

It's best for Max to accept that Chloe is dead but in a better place.

• edited November 2015

I think it would be best if Max never used her powers again.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.