Episode 4 most likely won't be until 2016?

edited November 2015 in Minecraft: Story Mode

With the release of Episode 3 next week, I feel like that telltale will go back to their old roots, Meaning we may not seen Episode 4: A block and a hard place until Jaunary maybe between March even April. I feel that because November is coming to an end. who else thinks this?

Comments

• I could see the episode releasing early or mid Janurary. The holidays will probably slow things down a little, but Minecraft is not as complex of a series to make as Walking Dead or Game of Thrones. They are already using art and environments from Minecraft and the animations are much easier to make, meaning less time is spent making the episode. That, and the story is not some complex interpersonal drama like you would find in Walking Dead/Game of Thrones/etc, so they probably don't need to spend as much time searching for fan feedback to revise the presentation of future episodes.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2015

it's possible. The Christmas break does understandably have a tendency to push things into the following year. I really doubt it will be released beyond January though, as it's clear they're trying to get this game out on a schedule more akin to their pre-The Walking Dead days when monthly releases were the norm rather than the exception.

• I literally hate that direction the every 3 to 4 months, I feel like I had waited forever for them to release tales from the borderlands as well as The Walking dead season 1. are you sure they're pushing to get Minecraft Story Mode before the other games?

I could see the episode releasing early or mid Janurary. The holidays will probably slow things down a little, but Minecraft is not as compl

• edited November 2015

Usually Telltale takes a christmas break I thought. It says in their company information page on this site?

Edit: One of the "perks" is a winter holiday break. So yeah it's safe to say after Michonne we probs won't get anything till January. Just my two cents.

• January-Febuary for the 4th episode is still incredible! Let's compare 4th episodes, shall we.

"Amid The Ruins", - July 22nd

"Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" - May 27th

"Escape Plan Bravo" - August 18th

"Sons of Winter" - May 26th

Now Story Mode.

A Block in a Hard Place - Likely January-Febuary

• I think it's safe to say yeah, I mean with each release of episodes being within months of each other it probably would be in December...If there was no Holidays like Christmas hen it would worm but since there are...Most likely in 2016.

• I believe they've already said that basically Minecraft: story mode episodes will come out quicker than previous games like The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones and Tales from The Borderlands basically because they've taken certain things from the actual Minecraft game and added that to their story mode.

January-Febuary for the 4th episode is still incredible! Let's compare 4th episodes, shall we. "Amid The Ruins", - July 22nd "Wolf in

• edited November 2015

My guess is that episode 4 will release on either January 5th or 12th...I say that because, like everyone else is saying, the holidays will probably slow things down for Telltale, then the season finale will probably follow sometime in February...doubt it'll take them any longer than that, however, it seems like Telltale's trying to meet a 4 week schedule rather than their bi-monthly schedules on other games (I only think episode 4 will take them until January because 4 weeks from episode 3 = December 22nd, which is the week of Christmas, and like other posters said, Telltale takes holiday breaks)

I do think Michonne will be out early December, though, rather than waiting til 2016...I think they've been working on it alongside Minecraft and it'll be out soon...I would've guessed November 24th but then they announced Minecraft episode 3, I guess it's not impossible for it to come out the same day but it'll much more likely be the week after

• Yeah, I'm soooo glad we don't have to wait 6 months for episode 4 unlike those other episodes that released around that time.

sarcasm

January-Febuary for the 4th episode is still incredible! Let's compare 4th episodes, shall we. "Amid The Ruins", - July 22nd "Wolf in

• Don't give me that sass...

enter image description here

AChicken posted: »

Yeah, I'm soooo glad we don't have to wait 6 months for episode 4 unlike those other episodes that released around that time. sarcasm

• Oh, I'm sorry Mr. O'Brien. I didn't know it was you...

Don't give me that sass...

• I'd be really shocked if the episode was released in December I'm expecting it to be a mid January release

• Honestly I still think episode 4 will be December, Job said Minecraft was planned to be the fastest releasing Telltale game and so far it's been on rapid fire

• I'd normally think the same, but I imagine the Holidays will slow down things some. I'd expect a January release if I had to take a guess.

Poogers555 posted: »

Honestly I still think episode 4 will be December, Job said Minecraft was planned to be the fastest releasing Telltale game and so far it's been on rapid fire

• This...I'm thinking early January, though, because they'll likely work on it all throughout December until their holiday break

As I said earlier in the thread, my guess is either January 5th or 12th

I'd normally think the same, but I imagine the Holidays will slow down things some. I'd expect a January release if I had to take a guess.

• At the same time I feel like they want to get episode 4 out right before the holidays, my bet is on the 15th

I'd normally think the same, but I imagine the Holidays will slow down things some. I'd expect a January release if I had to take a guess.

• I kinda don't see that happening as November is coming to an end so I suspect January to February maybe even March.

At the same time I feel like they want to get episode 4 out right before the holidays, my bet is on the 15th

• I don't think it'll be as soon as March. I'm predicting early to mid January, or early February at the latest.

I kinda don't see that happening as November is coming to an end so I suspect January to February maybe even March.

• I'm hoping so too, Do you think it will get a season 2? I'm kinda bummed that tales from the borderlands isn't getting one and the fact Game of Thrones is. Will Minecraft: Story mod get one also? If I had to guess I'd say it's 50/50

I don't think it'll be as soon as March. I'm predicting early to mid January, or early February at the latest.

• Looking at what freelandpolifefan11 said above telltale have already succeded so I think they can lay off the speed a bit and make this a high quality level while telltale just lay back through christmas

Honestly I still think episode 4 will be December, Job said Minecraft was planned to be the fastest releasing Telltale game and so far it's been on rapid fire

• I wouldn't say Borderlands isn't getting a season 2, it's just unconfirmed at the moment

I believe Game of Thrones already had season 2 announced because Telltale specifically signed a multi-season deal with HBO

Since I'm not sure what the legal status is with Tales...Telltale might need to secure the rights again to make a 2nd season, which doesn't mean they won't...it'll just slow down the development a bit

I'm hoping so too, Do you think it will get a season 2? I'm kinda bummed that tales from the borderlands isn't getting one and the fact Game of Thrones is. Will Minecraft: Story mod get one also? If I had to guess I'd say it's 50/50

• I think you're right. If they could release Episode 2 two weeks after Episode 1, so they can release Episode 4 three weeks after Episode 3. There's michonne though, wich's release date still wasn't confirmed i guess.

At the same time I feel like they want to get episode 4 out right before the holidays, my bet is on the 15th

• edited November 2015

I googled about Borderlands 3 last night, Basically gearbox and 2K said the 3rd game would have to make changes and be bigger and the fact they don't have any plans to make the 3rd sequel any time soon not even in 2017, We may not see season 2 of tales from the Borderlands until 2018. The Wolf Among us hasn't got a season 2 either.

I wouldn't say Borderlands isn't getting a season 2, it's just unconfirmed at the moment I believe Game of Thrones already had season 2 a

• There's rumors that Wolf Among Us S2 will be one of Telltale's games in 2016

One can hope, right?

I googled about Borderlands 3 last night, Basically gearbox and 2K said the 3rd game would have to make changes and be bigger and the fact t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.