Wow, I am impressed.

F*** Game of Thrones, Minecraft is now my favourite telltale game. During the ending in episode 3, it left me bittersweet, and I felt a weird feeling I cannot explain which I never felt before since TWAU finale. The only thing I didn't like were the puzzles. Ellegard/Magnus death were almost as emotional as Lee's. Never felt that way since I watched a playthrough of TWD S1.

Only 2 suggestions here:

1. Add some mild profanity such as "shit". Or maybe even "What the fuuuuuuuc...!" like you would see in a BTTF movie.
  2. Something weird I noticed. Apart from TWD S2, none of the characters from any other games ever cry, which is very weird tbh. Considering some major characters (Magnus/Ellegard) etc dies.

Episode 1 and 2 seemed like a kids show, but episode 3 proved me wrong. Overall, I give it a 9/10.

P.S. I review based on opinions, not facts.

Comments

• The first half was relatively kid friendly. But the second half grows far more serious, somber and dramatic. Petra's growing illness, almost drowning underwater, Jesse is about to do a possible heroic sacrifice and Ellegaard/Magnus sudden death. And the endermen herd.

So yeah, I like the second half much better.

• Something weird I noticed. Apart from TWD S2, none of the characters from any other games ever cry, which is very weird tbh. Considering some major characters (Magnus/Ellegard) etc dies.

Rhys + some others in TVOFT, the funeral in TLL, Elissa in TID, Clementine in NTL, heck I think Marty and Edna Strickland do it in Back To The Future, I think cause of Citizen Brown. The only game where I can't really remember is TWAU, but I think wait Nerissa! She does it a few times.

So yeah, crying is actually pretty common with Telltale.

• I probably have poor observation skills then :P

Something weird I noticed. Apart from TWD S2, none of the characters from any other games ever cry, which is very weird tbh. Considering som

• Add some mild profanity such as "shit". Or maybe even "What the fuuuuuuuc...!" like you would see in a BTTF movie.

No...That's never going to happen for a game that's E10+. The best your going to get is "damn" and whole lot of "Oh crap".

• I think the game is fine as it is. No need for profanities. Being able to say that there is a crap ton of Endermen was enough IMO.

About crying, it happens in TellTale games sometimes, but not all the games show us the tears. I think Minecraft wouldn't either, because of the style. I found it hilarious when Jesse thought Lukas was crying, though.

• I agree, this was a great episode. I even got teary eyed at Magnus's death and I didn't even like him! Can't wait for the next episode!

• I also noticed they added a way humorous tone to the game in episode 3, in beginning it was more centered in the adventure genre with a bit of jokes (To avoid to make it similar to Tales from the borderlands) but the repeted falling of Axel on Lukas and Soren rocorded thoughts made me think that they will make it more funny

• edited November 2015

Episode 1 and 2 seemed like a kids show, but episode 3 proved me wrong.

What. Just because somone died? :P

But ya. I would say this is my favorite episode so far.

• Forgot to mention, this episode was very funny as well.

• I think Episode 3 was much more intense than episodes 1 and 2, and not only because of the death. We didn't get many "quiet times", we were always either fighting, running or trying to get Lukas to calm down.

Smellmeh posted: »

Episode 1 and 2 seemed like a kids show, but episode 3 proved me wrong. What. Just because somone died? :P But ya. I would say this is my favorite episode so far.

• Something sad I just noticed -- Magnus/Ellie die thinking the Wither Storm truly died, and that their mission was accomplished.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited November 2015

Sasha cries in Atlas Mugged as well

Also Crane in A Crooked Mile, Lawrence and Gren in Faith (Lawrence if you tell him about Faith, Gren weeping in the corner after Bigby kicks his ass), and Vivian in Cry Wolf

Something weird I noticed. Apart from TWD S2, none of the characters from any other games ever cry, which is very weird tbh. Considering som

• Really? I didnt really care about the characters we didnt see for the entire episode, not to mention last episode they were annoying anyway.

• Yeah, totally.

In kids movies, characters die all the time. Has any of you seen Bambi!?!?

Smellmeh posted: »

Episode 1 and 2 seemed like a kids show, but episode 3 proved me wrong. What. Just because somone died? :P But ya. I would say this is my favorite episode so far.

• Yeah, that's what has to happen when you make something for all ages.

You have to make the subject matter kid friendly enough, while also having to make the story actually good to pull adults and dumb critics like me in. It's what Adventure Time did. It's what Steven Universe did.

Also yeah, easily the best episode by far.

• I really liked the episode. I don't even dare to go to close to enderman in the real Minecraft. So this situation was awesome and very very creepy. Technically Jesse made it all happen. Stealing the clay from the enderman totally confused them. :D

But I must say, everyone could see what will happen next after the Witherstorm died. I mean... it is Episode 3! From the first moment after the explosion I expected it to be alive again.

• What part did you find funny?

Forgot to mention, this episode was very funny as well.

• No they do too! I think I'm on the verge of crying, they though the wither storm died! I'm so sad, unless they lived long enough to see the resurrection because we left Ellie/Magnus dying

• The part where Jesse accuses of Lukas crying for example.

What part did you find funny?

• I'm sad, because this game is just not working for me. The first episode was actually not bad, I kinda enjoyed it. But the 2nd and 3rd episode was simply boring for me. No emotions no interest in the story, not a single smile on my face...

• Can't they respawn? It seems like Gabriel/Petra have amnesia since they respawned.

• Well I guess it's what we'll have to deal with. Episode 3's seems like the emotional peak we can reach without pushing the E10+ rating.

SoMuchSass posted: »

I'm sad, because this game is just not working for me. The first episode was actually not bad, I kinda enjoyed it. But the 2nd and 3rd episode was simply boring for me. No emotions no interest in the story, not a single smile on my face...

• I'm pretty sure Gabriel/Petra never died in the first place. Gabriel/Petra's eyes were purple, leading me to believe that eventually the wither sickness will give amnesia to the infected. If you could easily respawn, why would Petra/Gabriel (The one you saved, not the one with amnesia) be worried about the wither sickness?

Can't they respawn? It seems like Gabriel/Petra have amnesia since they respawned.

• Yeah but he makes taht sound when they see a bunch of ender men that you would expect in the end

The part where Jesse accuses of Lukas crying for example.

• I thought he had to stop Ivor after, be a famous hero

SethAC posted: »

I really liked the episode. I don't even dare to go to close to enderman in the real Minecraft. So this situation was awesome and very very

• Bummer.

I'm sad, because this game is just not working for me. The first episode was actually not bad, I kinda enjoyed it. But the 2nd and 3rd episode was simply boring for me. No emotions no interest in the story, not a single smile on my face...

• I think we can go a little further. Tales of Monkey island and the Devil's Playhouse had some pretty intense emotional scenes and both were E10+.

Well I guess it's what we'll have to deal with. Episode 3's seems like the emotional peak we can reach without pushing the E10+ rating.

• Well, I reccomend pushing it to T rating. Dont tell me you kids never heard the word "bitch" in your life.

I think we can go a little further. Tales of Monkey island and the Devil's Playhouse had some pretty intense emotional scenes and both were E10+.

• No. I'm sorry there's not enough edge in your minecraft.

Well, I reccomend pushing it to T rating. Dont tell me you kids never heard the word "bitch" in your life.

• I disagree on the profanity, though I do wish they would come up with more clever things to say than "crap" all the time. I loved this third episode! That feeling you described hit me right in the face with the ending (in spite of the fact that I went ahead and spoiled it for myself). My hype for the next episode is building!

• edited November 2015

Yeah kind of bittersweet. Reminds me of Jorge's death in Halo: Reach. Going to their grave thinking they died a hero........only for it all to have been pointless.

• True kids ten that are ten have heard all about the "F-BOMB" before

Well, I reccomend pushing it to T rating. Dont tell me you kids never heard the word "bitch" in your life.

• and used it everyday as well.

True kids ten that are ten have heard all about the "F-BOMB" before

• Too true, even sex isn't off limits once you get to 12

and used it everyday as well.

• as much as i like seeing maturity in games go, i don't think Minecraft would be able to have those elements, but it would be interesting

Too true, even sex isn't off limits once you get to 12

• I'm not suggesting we add sex but once you get 12 public schools offer free sex ed

as much as i like seeing maturity in games go, i don't think Minecraft would be able to have those elements, but it would be interesting

• i was talking about cussing not sex, although that to would be funny (in my opinion) but with SJW and all that your better off shooting yourself in the foot for trying something like that

I'm not suggesting we add sex but once you get 12 public schools offer free sex ed

• didnt u notice the 'F-Bomb' that magnus suggested? LOL not to mention that magnus does say 'holy crap' at one point :P but...I will say, I did have the crying feeling from 'Ellies' death Q.Q I never wanna choose her detah ever again...havent tried Mangus' but he's too funny >.< .... :|

• it was emotional to me :|

Sign in to comment in this discussion.