My Redstone Baby Doll?

There is a jazz-like song playing in Soren's Lab, and at the end credits and the song seems to be to talking about some sort of "Marshmellow Sweetheart" but later it specifies that "You're my Redstone Baby Doll" It seems like he could be referring to Ellegard, Is there a chance that Soren doesn't just own this song, nor does he record over it just because it sounds good?

Here's the song

Comments

• You are going to make me ship this, aren't you?

• I'm trying to figure out the lyrics but I can't. But yeah, it is a lovely song.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2016

Not 100% sure on these lyrics as they are hard to make out, both because it's sung in a style mimicing 1920's era recordings, and because it's in a low quality to mimic those recordings as well, but I think it goes as follows:

In a marshmallow world, you're my sweetheart.
    You're the bed to my rock,
    The flint to my steel.
    My Redstone baby doll.
    My Redstone baby doll.

My sugar baby.
    Ah da da da, ah la.

Abeille posted: »

I'm trying to figure out the lyrics but I can't. But yeah, it is a lovely song.

• Anyone else feel like this song would be something Pixar would have made?

• Sounds like music from the 80s.

• Oh, wow... Fallout comes into my mind and I can't forget that game...

• edited November 2015

Yup! ^w^

Oh and when you see Ellegard, tell her thanks for letting me borrow the armor. owo

You are going to make me ship this, aren't you?

• Yeah that sounds about right. Good job to Telltale for making a slightly minecraft themed 1920's song. (Unless it was a real song that happened to use the word Redstone)

Jennifer posted: »

Not 100% sure on these lyrics as they are hard to make out, both because it's sung in a style mimicing 1920's era recordings, and because it

• It made me think of Bioshock, but yeah, Fallout too!

MarteenPyro posted: »

Oh, wow... Fallout comes into my mind and I can't forget that game...

• Oh yes, it's too late for me, I'm shipping it. A ship involving a determinant character? Man, this is going to wreck me.

Yup! ^w^ Oh and when you see Ellegard, tell her thanks for letting me borrow the armor. owo

• edited November 2015

Oops, sorry, meant to reply to other comment!

Yeah, they did a great job on this one ^^

Yeah that sounds about right. Good job to Telltale for making a slightly minecraft themed 1920's song. (Unless it was a real song that happened to use the word Redstone)

• Oh, yeah Rapture...

enter image description here

It made me think of Bioshock, but yeah, Fallout too!

• edited November 2015

I think it is "The flint to my steel". As in, the item, "flint and steel".

Also, could it be "key to my lock" just before it?

Not 100% sure on these lyrics as they are hard to make out, both because it's sung in a style mimicing 1920's era recordings, and because it

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2015

I think you're right there. That makes a whole lot more sense. Not really sure about "bay to my mark" though. The actual lyrics are probably another idiom, but I can't think what it could be at the moment.

EDIT: It does indeed sound like "lock". Not so sure about key, but it does make sense though. Listening to it closely it sounds like bait or possibly bell, but I can't figure out what combination that would be to make sense.

I think it is "The flint to my steel". As in, the item, "flint and steel". Also, could it be "key to my lock" just before it?

• I think its bed to my rock?
    Not sure,but maybe.

P.S:This song made me ship Ellie and Soren.(Yes,she's alive in my game)

• I think it's:

In a harsh mellow world & bed to my rock (like Madeline said).

• Harsh Mellow?No offense,but I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a "Harsh Mellow"....It's marshmellow i think.The bed to my rock is a refrence to bed rock i think.

I think it's: In a harsh mellow world & bed to my rock (like Madeline said).

• Well, then shame on Soren... me... him... it? I'd love to see a harsh mellow world :(

I kinda wish there would be official lyrics to the song, and yeah I think it's a bedrock refference too, just like the flint and steel one. :)

Harsh Mellow?No offense,but I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a "Harsh Mellow"....It's marshmellow i think.The bed to my rock is a refrence to bed rock i think.

• No dude, Way further back. 80's music was much different sounded way cooler. This sounds like the 50's or the 60's.

Smellmeh posted: »

Sounds like music from the 80s.

• Note)Harsh Mellow.Uh are you sure about that?,cause I have a bad feeling that a harsh mellow world,is just gonna hurt and poke you a lot.

Well, then shame on Soren... me... him... it? I'd love to see a harsh mellow world I kinda wish there would be official lyrics to the song, and yeah I think it's a bedrock refference too, just like the flint and steel one.

• 20s

No dude, Way further back. 80's music was much different sounded way cooler. This sounds like the 50's or the 60's.

• No, that's way too far. Dore Alpert made music similar to this and they were only from the 60's. Take his awesome song "Fallout Shelter" from 1962 for example.

enter link description here

Or take the Fallout franchise for example. That games entire radio station soundtrack is taken from the late 50's to the mid 60's, and takes place in a world stuck in that era due to an alternate history. Some of it is fast paced, like Fallout Shelter, and some of it is slow, like Soren's Jazz.

20s

• Thank you!
    It's a lovely song. Quite moving. Makes me sad :( Because of these reasons: 1. It's the end of episode 3 and full MC: Story Mode
    2. Soren gets back to his friends and Ellegaard immediately dies :(
    Good job Telltale Games. It was, is and will be a great game. I will never forget the good times and sad times when playing it. The emotions were just fantastic! Please make season 2! Get rid of The Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands second seasons and focus more on Story Mode and TWD!
    These 2 games won't be forgotten. Thanks for reading this people.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.