Why is it significantly more expensive than past telltale games when it's approx the same length?

Been holding off from getting it because of this. If it was a couple or few hours longer it'd be more understandable. Usually on the australian marketplace it's $44 for the complete season pack now the sale on xbox live makes it $33 which is still more than past TTG's

I hope this greedy decision was made by mojang, not telltale.

Comments

• It will have been made by whatever storefront is selling it, so if it's on XBOX then Microsoft will have priced it.

But it's the same price as the other games on PC.

• It usually depends on where it is being sold.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited November 2015

Definitely not Telltale. Generally speaking, they price all individual episodes of their series at $5 per episode, which amounts to $25 total for the full season ($30 for Game of Thrones, since it's 6 episodes).

So it's either on Mojang's end, Microsoft's end, or someone in Australia is a greedy bastard that prices everything for more than the US. No offense to your country, but I'm going with option #3. The full season at regular price is almost double what it is over here. I've heard that games go for more overall in Australia than they do in the US, for whatever reason.

• It's because of the tax we have in Australia. There are some AAA games that the prices are equivalent to ~$100 if converted from AUSD. Plus, what plays a factor is that our minimum wages are higher.

Deltino posted: »

Definitely not Telltale. Generally speaking, they price all individual episodes of their series at $5 per episode, which amounts to $25 tota

• edited November 2015

That doesn't explain why it's more expensive than past TT games though.. Even with the tax, we're being charged more than what it translates to, taking into consideration the exchange rate too.

It's because of the tax we have in Australia. There are some AAA games that the prices are equivalent to ~$100 if converted from AUSD. Plus, what plays a factor is that our minimum wages are higher.

• Has the prices been lower, or are the previous Telltale titles on sale right now?

That doesn't explain why it's more expensive than past TT games though.. Even with the tax, we're being charged more than what it translates to, taking into consideration the exchange rate too.

• edited November 2015

Not sure about other platforms, but on xbox live a few of TTG's are reduced, yes. After the sale ends, it will be back to how it always was before, minecraft in total being around $10 more than the other series'. Doesn't look worth it for the amount of time you get too.

Has the prices been lower, or are the previous Telltale titles on sale right now?

• Huh, just checked.

MC:SM does cost about $10 more. Not sure why.

Not sure about other platforms, but on xbox live a few of TTG's are reduced, yes. After the sale ends, it will be back to how it always was

• It could be the licensing. or it could be the new price set. It is the newest game.

• I certainly hope it isn't the new price set. Games aren't long enough to warrant that imo

hodey posted: »

It could be the licensing. or it could be the new price set. It is the newest game.

• I was wondering this too, kinda stupid decision in my personal opinion. Thankfully, because of the huge sales this week, I got it for 22,49€ I think it was, when normally it's price for me is 29,99€.

• Well you do play for quality, it's a game taht releases episode fast and is a great game

Sign in to comment in this discussion.