Episode 2 Unavailable for Download

edited November 2015 in Minecraft: Story Mode

I Picked up Episode 1 on the day it came out and also the Season pass for the other parts. Episode 2 was released and Ive never been able to download it to my Nvidia Shield TV, it simply tells me I've purchased the episode, but its not available. I was able to get it onto my Galaxy Tab S but as of today it says the same thing.. also tried my LG G3.

Ive tried everything, including a factory restore and nothings working. Id like to know if anybody else is having the same issue and Id also like a response from Someone at Telltale about my issue as I don't believe being ignored for over 3 weeks is particularly good in terms of customer relations. Regarding the advice provided by Telltale support, turning the game on and off again and clearing the cache has been done... repeatedly!

Comments

• EXACT SAME ISSUE here. Nvidia Shield TV - Episode 2 has been unavailable since release on this device. Have done the clear cache uninstall/reinstall nothing works. Still unavailable. My son is upset and keeps asking me about it. Doesn't understand why he can't play it even though we forked down the money for the rest of the episodes on the Google Play store. About to ask for a refund. Don't know if this is Telltale or Google's fault but its incredibly frustrating. My son literally checks the thing every single day and I have to hear about it. Can someone please fix this please...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Yeah Im getting the same, my 8 year olds doing the exact same thing. I wouldnt mind if there was an issue, as long as someone said 'theres an issue and were working on it'

• Exactly, if they have something they are working on for this device its fine - I get that its a different control scheme than a mobile device and it may be a separate software build that is not ready yet. Someone just needs to say something so I can be assured it will be fixed so I don't have to feel like I threw away the cash.

• Same thing on my iPad, it keeps saying "Coming Soon" even though it was released ages ago. But no problems with my PC though.

• I got it to work (PC ed.) the trick seems to be, just keep restarting until it shows you can download it. Maybe there is a limited number of connections?

Things I also tried without apparent effect:
    Patch: states already updated.
    Reinstall: I did once.
    Turn on Cloud Save: this had me log in (helped?)
    Restarting: The first 9 times didn't seem to help, even running as admin. But that 10th time worked.

• Not sure how it works mate, I literally sat there for an hour trying to get it working the other day and it was having none of it. I had to try it a few times on my Phone and Tablet but that eventually worked but the Sheild TV just aint playing.

Sadly still no response from Telltale support on this despite chasing again.

• That is... Very disappointing. But hey, we got no problems, sont know why you have it. P.S. I play on the PC now cuz the ios version still says "coming soon" for some reason.

We'll burn Telltale Games to their fucking ground! - Ser Royland

Just kidding lol

• I have bought Episode 2 on my iPad with the intention that it will download onto my children's iPad. It work well on my iPad though will not download to any of my children's iPad. I have reported it as a problem to Apple and await to hear what they say. It looks like a really great idea with the technology not having be thought through properly.

• Im currently hoping that the release of Episiode 3 tomorrow will put it all in line and allow me to download episode 2 and 3.. I highly doubt it of course but I may as well try and be positive about it.

• edited November 2015

same on my Nvidia Shield TV this is a joke.
    NOT HAPPY

THEY NEED TO PATCH THIS ASAP OR TAKE IT OFF SALE

• Episode 3 is also the same.. wont download to my Shield TV (Fine on phone and Tablet)

• edited November 2015

Same here. nVidia Shield Tablet, Amazon Appstore version, running latest Lollipop.

I've just paid for the season pass and when I click to download episode 2 or 3 it immediately says 100% complete and then fails. Error is:

Failed. Content failed to download.

EDIT - works fine with same Android version and Amazon app store from Sony Xperia Z3.

• Something I am getting is a request to pay £10.99 again when I have paid already. I am slightly temped to pay the £10.99 and then argue. The deal with the Apple iPad is that you can share with your children the apps that you have purchased. I have three children which makes the Apple iPad an attractive deal.

I have received a response from Apple which reads:

Hi Christopher, Thank you for contacting iTunes Store Support. My name is Jae, your iTunes Store Advisor and I am here to help. I understand that you have downloaded the “Multi-pack” from Minecraft on your device but you are unable to download it on your children’s device without being charged again. I know how important it is to be charged only the exact amount of your purchases that’s why I appreciate your effort in bringing this to our attention. No worries, I will work with you on this issue so that we can provide the necessary information that may lead us to the resolution of this concern. Christopher, since you have purchased a non-consumable in-app purchase, you should be able to transfer them to other devices that are associated with your Apple ID.

Therefore, I suggest that you kindly sign out and sign back into your account "christopher1955@hotmail.com” on all your iOS devices by following the steps below:

1. Tap iTunes Store.
    2. From the bottom toolbar, tap Music.
    3. Scroll to the bottom.
    4. Tap on your Apple ID.
    5. Tap Sign Out.
    6. Tap Sign In - Use Existing Apple ID.
    7. Enter your Apple ID and password. Once you’ve logged back in, in order to restore a non-consumable purchase, open the app that you made the purchase in and look for an option to restore. You might find it in one of these places: -The app's main menu. -The app's Settings or Options menus. -The app's in-app store.

For more information about restoring in-app purchases, please visit the website below:

If you don’t see your in-app purchases

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204530 But, if the app doesn’t have a restore option, I highly suggest that you contact the developer as they are the best resource of information about “Minecraft”. Please visit the website below to contact them: http://www.telltalegames.com/support/ Note: Although we mentioned third-party products in this email, Apple doesn’t recommend or endorse these products. Christopher, I hope the steps I have provided has resolved your issue. But, if you are unable to, kindly contact the developer. And if there’s anything else I can do for you, please respond to this email and let me know. I will be happy to assist you further.

Have a great day! Sincerely, Jae iTunes Store Customer Support.

Try as I may, non of their solutions seems to be working. I have tried to contact TelltaleGames who are only conspicuous by their silence.

mar2k posted: »

EXACT SAME ISSUE here. Nvidia Shield TV - Episode 2 has been unavailable since release on this device. Have done the clear cache uninstall

• i hope they fix it soon

• Still no update and it's still not working.... very dissapointed

• Same problem with Season pass disk on PS3. can not download ep 3. Disappointing!!

• Same!! Its sooo stupid!! Its been long enough aswell :/

nicholas09 posted: »

Same problem with Season pass disk on PS3. can not download ep 3. Disappointing!!

• edited December 2015

can't wait to play this game on my Shield TV when its fixed

• Anyone had any luck yet? sent email to support about 2 weeks ago now, still no response!

• Confirmed.

Also not available on Shield TV multi pack for me.

Also no response from Telltale.

• Still nothing for me and no further responses either

• I have the same issue Nvidia TV, episode one works, bought a season pass to the others. But none of the other episodes will unlock just says coming soon.

• edited December 2015

just saw the is an update for this game is it working now ?
    I don't have it install on my shield tv at the moment

• working on ps3 :)

just saw the is an update for this game is it working now ? I don't have it install on my shield tv at the moment

• its now working on my shield tv about time

• just updated the game and now the episodes are now working on my Nvidia shield TV.

• edited December 2015

I have an iPad with three children each who have their own iPad. I paid for the game on my iPad and downloaded it. This should entitle each of my children to download the game on their iPad. Try as I may, I cannot get the game to download on their iPad. Thus I contacted both Apple and TellTale Games seeking solutions. I got the following advice from the:

I apologize for the inconvenience and delayed response. If you downloaded the game onto your children's iPads using the same Apple account you used for your original purchase, you should be able to download the other episodes onto their iPads without having to purchase them again. To do this, please open the game on one of their iPads, tap Episodes, then tap Restore at the bottom of the menu. This should refresh the game's content and display the episodes as purchased. You should then be able to download Episodes 2 and 3, which are now available on iOS devices.

Hello,
    I apologize for the inconvenience. Episode 3 should now be available to download on iOS. Please note that we experienced a high amount of server traffic since the release of the episode, and if you experienced issues connecting/downloading, we recommend trying again now.
    Please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7/8/9, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.
    Then after restarting your device, please reset the WiFi by turning the WiFi Settings Off, and back On again. Then try starting the game application again, and see if you are able to successfully download and install Episode 3 and play.
    Thank you,
    Mike

Hi Christopher, Thank you for contacting iTunes Store Support. My name is Jae, your iTunes Store Advisor and I am here to help. I understand that you have downloaded the “Multi-pack” from Minecraft on your device but you are unable to download it on your children’s device without being charged again. I know how important it is to be charged only the exact amount of your purchases that’s why I appreciate your effort in bringing this to our attention. No worries, I will work with you on this issue so that we can provide the necessary information that may lead us to the resolution of this concern. Christopher, since you have purchased a non-consumable in-app purchase, you should be able to transfer them to other devices that are associated with your Apple ID.

Therefore, I suggest that you kindly sign out and sign back into your account "christopher1955@hotmail.com” on all your iOS devices by following the steps below:

1. Tap iTunes Store.
    2. From the bottom toolbar, tap Music.
    3. Scroll to the bottom.
    4. Tap on your Apple ID.
    5. Tap Sign Out.
    6. Tap Sign In - Use Existing Apple ID.
    7. Enter your Apple ID and password. Once you’ve logged back in, in order to restore a non-consumable purchase, open the app that you made the purchase in and look for an option to restore. You might find it in one of these places: -The app's main menu. -The app's Settings or Options menus. -The app's in-app store.
      For more information about restoring in-app purchases, please visit the website below:

If you don’t see your in-app purchases
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204530 But, if the app doesn’t have a restore option, I highly suggest that you contact the developer as they are the best resource of information about “Minecraft”. Please visit the website below to contact them: http://www.telltalegames.com/support/ Note: Although we mentioned third-party products in this email, Apple doesn’t recommend or endorse these products. Christopher, I hope the steps I have provided has resolved your issue. But, if you are unable to, kindly contact the developer. And if there’s anything else I can do for you, please respond to this email and let me know. I will be happy to assist you further.

Have a great day! Sincerely, Jae iTunes Store Customer Support.*

I have followed their advice and still my children do not have Minecraft StoryMode on their iPad.

Any suggestions

Sign in to comment in this discussion.