Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Ep 4 Releasing Dec 22nd on All Platforms, Trailer Out Now, New Screens

Comments

• As Mimo said, Steam achievements are different from console achievements in when they are added. Still, though, we should probably wait a little longer.

• True; however, I checked this page on Steam and I'm not seeing any Episode 4 achievements though.

MimoDX2 posted: »

But when they are put on Steam that means the Episode is near.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited December 2015

Thanks for sharing this, i added it to the OP :)

I also noticed that it has been rated by New Zealand.

enter image description here

TNTUP posted: »

Evidence on steamdb: https://steamdb.info/app/376870/depots/

• Maybe the minecraft storymode team are gonna fire up and get as much done until the school holidays then production will stop till next year

• enter image description here

Is there a possibility we could get it before Christmas?

OzzyUK posted: »

Thanks for sharing this, i added it to the OP I also noticed that it has been rated by New Zealand.

• Oh my god! We may get this the 22nd...Holy fuck

Thanks for sharing this, i added it to the OP I also noticed that it has been rated by New Zealand.

• or 2 weeks lel.

Maybe the minecraft storymode team are gonna fire up and get as much done until the school holidays then production will stop till next year

• Hella seems like i am gonna get ep4 release date right too xDD.

Oh my god! We may get this the 22nd...Holy fuck

• My guess about the release date may be right! Yes!

• And who told you originally? XDD enter image description here On steam? Who.

CarL_J posted: »

My guess about the release date may be right! Yes!

• edited December 2015

Oh! I just thought of something. Didn't they say the Wii U version will be out by the end of the year. What if the Wii U version comes out the same day as Episode 4 (December 22nd). I'm grasping at straws, but they did release episode 2 the same day as the physical release.

• edited December 2015

This will be first Telltale game that will end three months after its first episode.

• It really really feels weird...

To have a Telltale Game ending in three or four months time.

This will be first Telltale game that will end three months after its first episode.

• I just hope all their games will come out in this kind of intervals. I know MC:SM has spoiled me.

It really really feels weird... To have a Telltale Game ending in three or four months time.

• So we'll get this episode either next week or 15th December. Ok, that made my day xD

• Nah, TWD: Michonne is more likely to premiere during those dates, but a December release date is seeming more and more likely. Maybe the 22nd?

MimoDX2 posted: »

So we'll get this episode either next week or 15th December. Ok, that made my day xD

• edited December 2015

Oh well, it would be good to get it at least on the 15th though, since i'm going to my hometown the days after. There's still a chance though, since the rating came out like 1 week after Episode 3.

Nah, TWD: Michonne is more likely to premiere during those dates, but a December release date is seeming more and more likely. Maybe the 22nd?

• edited December 2015

Anybody know when Telltale's winter break starts? If it starts late enough, then we might actually get this the 22nd O.o

I somehow doubt that Telltale doesn't start their break until the after the Tuesday the week of Christmas, though.

• Hehe, don't really count on that. Pretty sure Minecraft has been an exception. :P

I just hope all their games will come out in this kind of intervals. I know MC:SM has spoiled me.

• I know I am just saying it will be hard to adjust for normal lenght waiting.

Pipas posted: »

Hehe, don't really count on that. Pretty sure Minecraft has been an exception. :P

• edited December 2015

Is sad...I don't want this series to end! But then again...all things must end. If the TFTB fans can handle their series ending, then i guess i can too. Must...be...strong!

• So I know this kind of isn't related because this is a waiting thread, but is creating an entire thread for the soul purpose of talking about episode 3 really necessary? No. The answer is no.

So! I played episode 3 yesterday, and I've got to admit, this is one of my favorite episodes from any game telltale has ever made. Pacing is well done, it was pretty funny and clever, it made me go through all sorts of emotions, and it's generally one of my favorite things telltale has ever made. Now, as for the end of episode major decision, I had to take Magnus' armor. What can I say? I loved his armor a lot, however I like Ellegard a lot more. It got me pretty sad when Magnus died.

Now the one criticism I have for this episode is to the writers. Seriously? The command block "not being damaged" is what brought the storm back to life? That's a pretty lazy excuse to start the plot up again. I personally would have gone with the command block absorbing one thing and making it a murderous all powerful beast, and Ruben was the perfect contender for it. Also, the "Character has amnesia from traumatic event that made the character go missing for a bit" cliche was HIGHLY unnecessary. Kind of a dumb thing to do when the group is already screwed enough as it is. Everything else was awesome though!

• Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Minor Update: Episode rated by New Zealand

Are you fucking kidding me right now?! How the hell is this even possible?

• Holy crap, we might just actually get the episode later this December. Very impressive, Telltale.

• Telltale, the gift that keeps on giving and confusing the fuck out of fans.

Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Minor Update: Episode rated by New Zealand Are you fucking kidding me right now?! How the hell is this even possible?

• Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Telltale, the gift that keeps on giving and confusing the fuck out of fans.

• And if they make a second season?

Smellmeh posted: »

Is sad...I don't want this series to end! But then again...all things must end. If the TFTB fans can handle their series ending, then i guess i can too. Must...be...strong!

• All of these fast releases has shattered my view of reality.

Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Minor Update: Episode rated by New Zealand Are you fucking kidding me right now?! How the hell is this even possible?

• Welp since The Walking Dead: Michonne is confirmed to not be this month now anything's possible.

Nah, TWD: Michonne is more likely to premiere during those dates, but a December release date is seeming more and more likely. Maybe the 22nd?

• Yep.Episode 4 could come out the 15th now which is nice, but I really wanted Michonne this month :-(

dojo32161 posted: »

Welp since The Walking Dead: Michonne is confirmed to not be this month now anything's possible.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2015

Was that confirmed?

EDIT: Yup, missed Job's tweet.

dojo32161 posted: »

Welp since The Walking Dead: Michonne is confirmed to not be this month now anything's possible.

• If it comes out the 15th you owe me a thing. Didnt even believe in the D15 Hype.

Holy crap, we might just actually get the episode later this December. Very impressive, Telltale.

• If it comes out on the 15th, I'll give you...

...erh... I got it!

I'll give you one - not two, not five, not ten, not zero, but ONE whole legally-binding thumbs up on your post!

Poogers555 posted: »

If it comes out the 15th you owe me a thing. Didnt even believe in the D15 Hype.

• This is gold. :D

If it comes out on the 15th, I'll give you... ...erh... I got it! I'll give you one - not two, not five, not ten, not zero, but ONE whole legally-binding thumbs up on your post!

• He needs proof that the thumbs up will be from you though.

If it comes out on the 15th, I'll give you... ...erh... I got it! I'll give you one - not two, not five, not ten, not zero, but ONE whole legally-binding thumbs up on your post!

• ohmygod

Thats too much, too much man

• I know, I'm so generous to burden you with such an extravagant gift. However, you truly are worthy of the gift should your December 15 prediction be correct.

Poogers555 posted: »

ohmygod Thats too much, too much man

• I say a pound of his flesh should be the penalty if he is incorrect.

I know, I'm so generous to burden you with such an extravagant gift. However, you truly are worthy of the gift should your December 15 prediction be correct.

• I kinda don't, because even as good as Episode 3 was, I was not a fan of the Episode 2 length. I'd rather have Episodes rarely and them being good and long, than get them fast but them being short.

I just hope all their games will come out in this kind of intervals. I know MC:SM has spoiled me.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.