Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• WHAT HAVE I SAID ABOUT THAT WORD?!

armis37 posted: »

He hella loves her.

• Lemme think...

Wowsers, you hella hate it! Are you cereal? Better get ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah, this ain't over yet!

WHAT HAVE I SAID ABOUT THAT WORD?!

• enter image description here

armis37 posted: »

Lemme think... Wowsers, you hella hate it! Are you cereal? Better get ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah, this ain't over yet!

• Max Amber all the way.

You know there's one thing that I don't think that's been discussed yet. Throughout this whole game, Max Caulfield has worn a lot of differe

• Gray hoodie, t-shirt and blue jeans. It looks nice, I feel that outfit defines Max.

You know there's one thing that I don't think that's been discussed yet. Throughout this whole game, Max Caulfield has worn a lot of differe

• This game was going well first 3 episodes and then episode 4 was great!!

Then WTF episode 5 was a total mind fuck!! Totally ruined the whole series and made me lose interest and what a shitty end choice that has no impact!!

Huge disappointment.

• Yeah, that's basically how most people here felt after finishing LiS. Episode 4 is still my favorite one.

what a shitty end choice that has no impact!!

What do you mean? Chloe can either live or die depending on your final choice.

ShaneWalsh posted: »

This game was going well first 3 episodes and then episode 4 was great!! Then WTF episode 5 was a total mind fuck!! Totally ruined the whole series and made me lose interest and what a shitty end choice that has no impact!! Huge disappointment.

• edited December 2015

Totally ruined the whole series and made me lose interest and what a shitty end choice that has no impact!!

Huge disappointment.

enter image description here

• great

Life Is Strange won Best Game Soundtrack Award at the Fun & Serious Games Festival. They lost best design to ori btw.

• Totally agree

This game was going well first 3 episodes and then episode 4 was great!! Then WTF episode 5 was a total mind fuck!! Totally ruined the whole series and made me lose interest and what a shitty end choice that has no impact!! Huge disappointment.

• edited December 2015

Sorry I forgot it's been a while since I played it, what I meant to say was if Chloe lives then THAT ending SUCKS.

TheCatWolf posted: »

Yeah, that's basically how most people here felt after finishing LiS. Episode 4 is still my favorite one. what a shitty end choice that has no impact!! What do you mean? Chloe can either live or die depending on your final choice.

• Such a shame, such potential lost. :(

Oh well maybe they'll make a better game someday.

Totally agree

• I'd say Undertale deserves that one more but whatever.

Life Is Strange won Best Game Soundtrack Award at the Fun & Serious Games Festival. They lost best design to ori btw.

• Yep. They could learn from their mistakes and make improvements if they do decide to do a second season.

Such a shame, such potential lost. Oh well maybe they'll make a better game someday.

• I don't really understand people's complaints about the lack of variety in the endings and undoing past choices.

Like the whole point of the game is about undoing choices. What Chloe says remains true - 'Remember all these moments, all the time we spent together, it was real' (OWTTE). The game about time travel was obviously going to involve undoing past actions - the choice is whether undoing everything that happened is a price you're willing to pay to save thousands of lives.

The series even if you include the endings has just as much variety and choice and consequence as telltale's episodes do. I mean, the only Telltale game with actual different endings scenes in TWD season 2.

I think Life is Strange is just being held to a higher standard than Telltale here because this is a forum for telltale fans, which is of course logical, but something worth remembering. At least Life is Strange has a very very good reason for making some of our choices irrelevant to the ending.

• At least Life is Strange has a very very good reason for making some of our choices irrelevant to the ending.

No it doesn't.

Flog61 posted: »

I don't really understand people's complaints about the lack of variety in the endings and undoing past choices. Like the whole point of

• Well at least it didnt win best narrative. Thank god.

• Thank, Galactus.

UmbraCode posted: »

Well at least it didnt win best narrative. Thank god.

• Yeah but still, Tales didn't win either. I was hoping that, since they had Troy Baker doing it, that Tales actually won, was a bit disappointed, it truly did deserve it.

Thank, Galactus.

• Tales is an awesome game. I would have picked it for best narrative, but Her is the second best choice imo.

Yeah but still, Tales didn't win either. I was hoping that, since they had Troy Baker doing it, that Tales actually won, was a bit disappointed, it truly did deserve it.

• Well Life is Strange won an award but it was one of those awards they quickly brush. Best Impact I think it was called?

• Game for impact is what I saw.

dojo32161 posted: »

Well Life is Strange won an award but it was one of those awards they quickly brush. Best Impact I think it was called?

• Is her story that good? Never played it, but I was expecting TFTB/TW/LIS to win.

Tales is an awesome game. I would have picked it for best narrative, but Her is the second best choice imo.

• Is her story that good?

Imo it is.

TheCatWolf posted: »

Is her story that good? Never played it, but I was expecting TFTB/TW/LIS to win.

• I don't really understand people's complaints about the lack of variety in the endings and undoing past choices.

You really dont understand why people playing a choice game are not happy about the lack of effect of choice?

The series even if you include the endings has just as much variety and choice and consequence as telltale's episodes do. I mean, the only Telltale game with actual different endings scenes in TWD season 2.

Thats not a good thing, telltale do terrible with choices. The only game they really beat is beyond two souls. Overall I'd say superficially life is strange does better with the constant references, telltale does better story wise. However both really dont attempt to make choice matter, they just tell there story.

Flog61 posted: »

I don't really understand people's complaints about the lack of variety in the endings and undoing past choices. Like the whole point of

• After replaying both LiS and TFTB.

LiS won it for me. Telltale ruined the ending of Tales, like wtf they disappeared all my choices doesn't matter anymore!

• Prepare for a bunch of people screaming at you "BUT IN LIS YOU DELETE YOUR CHOICES IT DOESN'T MATTER TOO".

After replaying both LiS and TFTB. LiS won it for me. Telltale ruined the ending of Tales, like wtf they disappeared all my choices doesn't matter anymore!

• edited December 2015

Just because some choices don't affect the game in the way you thought doesn't mean they don't matter at all.. Its the impact that those choices give you that counts.

I finished life is strange and actually took something from it that gave me insight on some things I have been thinking about in life. That matters to me.

Its not the repercussions of the choice that make it matter... but the emotional impact. After all these are story based games and I think people are forgetting what they are about.

You have to choose between Chloe and Arcadia Bay

You have to choose between Jane or Kenny

You have to choose between Shooting Lee or Leaving him... he dies no matter what.

regardless theres no way to stop these things from happening.. it will always lead you down those paths.

• Well, Technicaly they still did matter. They don't get erased Because Rhys & Fiona disappeard. The difference between LiS & TftBL is, that you either erase your Choices or you Save Chloe But you don't see the real Consequences of this decision. And the Way how they just give you the Choice instead of choosing an Ending that matches your decisions automatically was Really bullshit. I Repeat: The Ending SHOULD NEVER be a Choice. The Ending SHOULD ALWAYS Be a Consequence. Of course TftBL has only One ending, But the Journey differs At some points enough, to make the choices meaningfull. It's Far from Perfect, But way better than LiS. LiS has only ONE choice, that add different Content depending on Choice. TftBL has FOUR. Thats the Problem. I Hope you can understand it better.

After replaying both LiS and TFTB. LiS won it for me. Telltale ruined the ending of Tales, like wtf they disappeared all my choices doesn't matter anymore!

• That was unnecessary.

That was a sarcastic rant.

GSSalvador posted: »

Well, Technicaly they still did matter. They don't get erased Because Rhys & Fiona disappeard. The difference between LiS & TftBL is

• That was a sarcastic rant.

A poor one.

That was unnecessary. That was a sarcastic rant.

• Wait wha... Oh come on! You can't just do this to me now! I put effort into it! (More or less...mostly less...)

That was unnecessary. That was a sarcastic rant.

• enter image description here

That was a sarcastic rant. A poor one.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited December 2015

I'm going to say what I've said before: in terms of choice impact, Telltale and Dontnod are pretty much the same. Dontnod has more references to choices across the season (which is mostly due to setting) but overall, the impact of choices overall are about the same. Neither company is necessarily doing better than the other. At most, I'd say Dontnod is refining certain aspects of Telltale's designs/concepts, but I wouldn't they're out-besting Telltale at their own game by any means.

But in all honesty, the fighting between which one handles choices better doesn't help. LiS is pretty much a positive either way when you think about it; if people are praising LiS for its choices in any capacity, regardless of it being true or not, that means it's presenting itself as competition to Telltale, which in turn will convince Telltale to try to improve in order to match the competition, which quite frankly, I'd say that they're slowly starting to do (the latest episodes of Tales, GoT, and Minecraft have been getting better with choices, or at least I think so). That, and it might convince other companies to start making more narrative-based games as well, which further helps move this style of game out of niche territory, and provide further competition. There's no negative impact coming out of this in the end. The only
    'negative' is people saying positive stuff about LiS. And for all intents and purposes, it's probably best to just grin and bear it, and see what the future holds.

• I found it funny ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That was a sarcastic rant. A poor one.

• Vice has listed Life Is Strange as their #4 best game of 2015.

For its second game, Parisian studio Dontnod took a step back from brawling to present an intimate and affecting adventure game where whispered words were usually stronger than thrown fists. Released in five episodes across 2015, Life Is Strange took the very relatable scenario of a teenager returning to her home town after several years away, reconnecting with the locals and an old best friend, and stirs in a healthy dollop of sci-fi—protagonist Max discovers she can rewind certain spells of time, to alter the outcomes of encounters both fraught and trivial. By episode five, things have gotten incredibly sinister, with the inviting golden-hour aesthetic of the game's beginning pushed aside by catastrophe on a massive scale. Life Is Strange is a riveting twist on the adventure genre that just about beats the contemporary masters of the style, Telltale, at their own game.

Source: The Best 20 Video Games of 2015

• Life Is Strange is a riveting twist on the adventure genre that just about beats the contemporary masters of the style, Telltale, at their own game.

Vice has listed Life Is Strange as their #4 best game of 2015. For its second game, Parisian studio Dontnod took a step back from

• Just because some choices don't affect the game in the way you thought doesn't mean they don't matter at all.. Its the impact that those choices give you that counts.

Yep. Been saying that many times about the Telltale games.

Legendary12 posted: »

Just because some choices don't affect the game in the way you thought doesn't mean they don't matter at all.. Its the impact that those cho

• edited December 2015

Life Is Strange is a riveting twist on the adventure genre that just about beats the contemporary masters of the style, Telltale, at their own game.

I don't want to look like I hate LiS but that's a complete lie.

Vice has listed Life Is Strange as their #4 best game of 2015. For its second game, Parisian studio Dontnod took a step back from

• yas

Sign in to comment in this discussion.