Really funny-something to think about

So user score on Metacritics is 4,2 from 63 people. Some people who are giving it 10, are giving to compensate critics that are giving 2-3/10 with legit reasons. The only people left giving it 10/10 are people who are making 86 gramatical mistakes in one phrase ( so kids basically ). Some of you can say that Metacritics is unfair and etc. Well first thing is, not really ( even though there are some excepcions ). And the second thing is - many gaming sites and magazines are giving to the last episode 4-5/10. Hell I even bough the first three episodes to see how the game is, but after my experience ( and about 4 hours after, which is laughable considering these are 3 episodes ) I am hella sure I wont pay a nickel more for Minecraft Telltale. So my question is, are you aware/do you agree that TTM is failure ? Maybe not from the comercial point of view ( not sure how it sells ), but people who was giving TT games praise for Walking dead and Wolf among us - are now like.. wtf ? This is from same studio ? Last thing is - I am not calling anyone an autistic child, or dumb for liking it, but can we at least say that its the weakest thing from TT since.. long time ago ( maybe ever ) ? Or are we still in denial and on a bandwagon, saying how great it turn out..? Peace for all.

Comments

• edited December 2015

I like the game. I think it's fine. Nothing ground breaking but entertaining enough for me to keep playing it. If people think the game is great so what? If people think it's the best Telltale Game, so what? It's their opinion. If you don't like the game that's fine but do you really have to keep coming to this part of the forums to keep telling the fans how much you don't like the game and how it's incredibly mediocre? Just saying. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Also if you think this is the weakest Telltale Game, then you seriously haven't been here long.

• but can we at least say that its the weakest thing from TT since.. long time ago ( maybe ever ) ?

Why "at least"? I can't say something that i don't think it's true. Well, i didn't play any other Telltale Game rather than Minecraft: Story Mode and Jurassic Park: The Game, but i did saw a bit (really tiny bit) of gameplay from TFTB, GoT and TWD, and saw the complete gameplay from Back to the Future: The Game, and they are great games, with nice graphics, and in some of the elements they are even superior to Minecraft: Story Mode, but i don't think MC:SM is the weakest game Telltale has ever made, personally it's my favorite game.

Well, everyone has a different taste from games.

• MCSM Is the game that got me interested in actually purchasing games from TellTale, since before it's release I hadn't been aware of their more kid-friendly titles (Monkey Island, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, Sam and Max, etc.). Sure, I have respect for their more "mature" games for what they've accomplished, but they simply aren't for me personally. I've enjoyed Story Mode as a game, and look forward to the next episodes. It may not be the best TellTale has to offer, but I don't believe it's their weakest by any means.

• So its the second thing, happy band wagon. And I dont know how much time one need to spend here, not to be mocked, but since 2010 I had all TT games.

lupinb0y posted: »

I like the game. I think it's fine. Nothing ground breaking but entertaining enough for me to keep playing it. If people think the game is g

• If you didnt play anything other than these two, it would be better not say that you dont that MC is not the weakest TT franchise ( at the moment ). I played everything from them ( except that card game ) and this is just my opinion. And can you tell me whats so great about TT MC ? I cant even tell you one reason ( maybe that grinder thingy in episode 3 is cool, but thats all ).

MimoDX2 posted: »

but can we at least say that its the weakest thing from TT since.. long time ago ( maybe ever ) ? Why "at least"? I can't say someth

• And which is the weakest ? Again, not considering the card game. If you compare everything they done since 2012, than MC is clearly the weakest game. Even the Jurrasic game was better. Longer, better plot, without game breaking bugs. On the other the MC game have trivial dialogs, those "puzzles" ( lol ), Lukas is f**** anoying ( and someone should said to the writers that repeating one joke is not funny. The characters are flat, one dimensional, I just dont care about he characters because most of them are dummies. And the writing is certainly not great ( to say it nicely ). The music is awful ( if we compare it to same other TT game ( any TT game ). So.. Can you tell me whats so great about it ? Or are we gonna be in cirkle jerk just repeating: I like it, so its good..?

Tohabath posted: »

MCSM Is the game that got me interested in actually purchasing games from TellTale, since before it's release I hadn't been aware of their m

• edited December 2015

I'm enjoying Story Mode immensely and I'm very much looking forward to the next episode. Is it Telltale's weakest series? Nah, at least not in my opinion. Is it Telltale's crowning achievement of storytelling? absolutely not, but I doubt it's even trying to be. Is it fun and engaging? Oh, hell yeah.

• edited December 2015

There's no point in arguing with them. They're just gonna comment the same thing and act like their opinion is fact and then say we're all circle jerking, regardless of whether or not we say "Yes it's a weak Telltale game". As long as we say we like it they're just gonna keep acting all salty.

This is pretty much them.

enter image description here

I'm enjoying Story Mode immensely and I'm very much looking forward to the next episode. Is it Telltale's weakest series? Nah, at least not

• As i said, everyone has a different taste from games. But you're right, i can't say that a franchise is not the weakest without even playing or seeing enough gameplay of another of their franchises, but in that case, i can't also say that another of their franchises are the greatest. I can't tell you what is great about MC:SM since you clearly have a different point of view of Telltale's games, it depends on taste, if you don't like it then that's fine.

Lordmark posted: »

If you didnt play anything other than these two, it would be better not say that you dont that MC is not the weakest TT franchise ( at the m

• Consequently, the immerse properties of this immense video game franchise has allowed for the most sophisticated of ratings. I believe thou shalleth give this video game franchise a higheth score causeth the thing known as "opinion". Ah yes, the opinion. This is thy's personal preference of something. To thy understanding, opinions shall not exist as a factoid or fact. I, personally, haveth given this game the thing known as a chance. Ah yes, the chance. The opportunity to do something. If thow has catcheth my drift, then you shalleth understand thy opinion does not matter and it is the 2nd grade knowledge that fact and opinion are twoeth differenth objections.

• My overall opionion of MC:SM is very positive (7/10). Of course it has some ... rather weak moments but it is not so bad. Most of the people that are giving it negative reviews are people that think that hating on anything that is connected to MC makes them cool (kinde like with SW prequels). I dont force anyone to like this game but please give me at least 3 legitimate reason why you dont like MC:SM and then we can talk like civilized people about it.

• I never told you not to have fun, and thats the thing I mentioned earlier in my original post. I just want to know if somebody else is thinking critically about this game. Because if you dont tell the bad things, and you never point them out, you can never expect getting anything better from the devs, because why ? Everybody happily played that, without any criticism. But you can do what ever you want bro, peace out :).

lupinb0y posted: »

There's no point in arguing with them. They're just gonna comment the same thing and act like their opinion is fact and then say we're all c

• edited December 2015

Thou hast wronged the "offender"! In the realms of fiction, fact is only the foundation of opinion. There is but little balance where the underrated are concerned, yet do we banish the critics of our entertainment for their frowns? Nay, but we look to those who see the good and the bad- them who chooseth to find enrichment, and only travel where it lieth (oft in the dank dusk). Is the cause legitimate? Mayhap, but nay. Should their views be discarded? Nay, but understood. :)

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Consequently, the immerse properties of this immense video game franchise has allowed for the most sophisticated of ratings. I believe thou

• edited December 2015

"We" would like to reconsider this disposition. I like Lukas, and the other characters involved in this game- some are cliche, some are a little flat (for now), yet there's a certain charm to each one of them, and I've seen them improve as the story has progressed from episode to episode. The music is one of my favorite aspects, from the Minecon Trailer theme, to Soren's theme, to the Battle with Ivor theme. I haven't found any "game breaking bugs" or many "trivial dialogs" in my personal experience with the game. Certainly, Story Mode has had a rough start, but I believe that it can and should continue. Besides, I've noticed far more "I don't like it, so it's bad" than "I like it, so it's good" in the commentary of those concerned. If anything, it's been more "It has some cons, but I like it, and hope it only gets better" (in the most positive cases). I certainly hope you find what you're looking for in regards to gaming in the future, but I doubt you'll find it here.

Lordmark posted: »

And which is the weakest ? Again, not considering the card game. If you compare everything they done since 2012, than MC is clearly the weak

Sign in to comment in this discussion.