Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Wowser.

Personally for me it was not about how impactful the choices are. It's that insane polish Life is Strange has with each of its episodes.

So basically we agree on that? ^_^

Legendary12 posted: »

There are some mad double standards here... I seen people criticize Life is strange just for the fact that they think "the choices didn't m

• Okay, maybe TWD S2 didn't have a lot of choice impact like LiS did but still, my point stands.

Clemenem posted: »

The choices in Telltale games have much more impact than the choices in LIS Pffft. Don't Rob Arvo Arvo: I told them you were the ones that robbed me Maime Gryff: Comes back fresh faced (despite the change it was still fuck up)

• That is simply ones opinion. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't mean it's wrong. I happen to agree with it, but in the end you know what they say about opinions.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Life Is Strange is a riveting twist on the adventure genre that just about beats the contemporary masters of the style, Telltale, at their own game. I don't want to look like I hate LiS but that's a complete lie.

• I seen people criticize Life is strange just for the fact that they think "the choices didn't matter in the end" Well guess what... TWD has the exact same formula...

But the characters are not well written, the dialogue is unrealistic and story is mediocore by itself. Maybe it was great in episode 3 and 4 but in episode 5, there are many flaws with the story. And as I said on my previous post, I criticize LiS for many reasons, not only cause of the choices.

The Impact of choices in TTG and Dontnod are just about the same.

I would agree but no. Comparing the impact of our choices in TTG and Dontnod, I gotta say that TTG (with an exception of TWD S2) have more impact in our choices.

I get there are Telltale fanboys on here but don't act like Telltale is any better at "Making choices matter" same goes for Dontnod...

But that's the bloody truth!

Just enjoy both stories for what they are.. and their ability to make us empathise.

I wish I could enjoy it more but DONTNOD didn't make it happen. I only cared about Chloe. No one else. At least in Telltale games, I care for more characters.

There are some mad double standards here... I seen people criticize Life is strange just for the fact that they think "the choices didn't m

• I agree that LiS is better than TWD S2 but better than the other recent Telltale games... yeah, not even close.

GSSalvador posted: »

I think LIS is better than TWDS2. But it's Not just the Choices. It's the Overall writing that take it down. I mean EP. 1 was good. EP. 2 wa

• After playing all those I can say I could care less about any of the characters in telltales games. LIS is the only game that I have ever played that I actually shed a tear in and had a profound impact on me. Again, just opinions and nobody is going to change mine and I'm not going to try and change anyone elses.

Replay value for Telltale games is "0" for me. Where as, LiS I have played about 4 times now trying to find different things I missed each time. It all depends on what you like.

I seen people criticize Life is strange just for the fact that they think "the choices didn't matter in the end" Well guess what... TWD has

• edited December 2015

characters are not well written, the dialogue is unrealistic and story is mediocore by itself.

Where do I begin, this criticism is so vague its hard to understand where you are coming from. There are many fleshed out characters in the game besides Max and Chloe that are actually well written like Warren, Kate, Nathan and Victoria to name a few... Also I found the story more grounded and relatable because.. you know.. there aren't corpses walking around..

I would agree but no. Comparing the impact of our choices in TTG and Dontnod, I gotta say that TTG (with an exception of TWD S2) have more impact in our choices.

Even in season one we get the same ending no matter what... we either just leave or shoot Lee.. LIS is the same at the end as well.. two choices.. The impact of choices are the same in both games.. just a change of dialogue and some new different scenes that all lead up to the same point.

But that's the bloody truth!

It really isn't.. choice based games like this all work similar.. don't have double standards..

I wish I could enjoy it more but DONTNOD didn't make it happen. I only cared about Chloe. No one else. At least in Telltale games, I care for more characters.

I can tell you I cared for people besides Chloe... and in S2 the only people I cared about were Luke and Kenny.. the rest were killed off so quick i didn't have time to care.. and Nicks offscreen death was a joke..

I seen people criticize Life is strange just for the fact that they think "the choices didn't matter in the end" Well guess what... TWD has

• What the hell bruh, characters are probably the best thing about LiS... Also define "unrealistic dialogue". I keep seeing these points everywhere, and yet I never see any proof of it.

• Unrealistic dialogue? Heh, what??

And tbh we can shit on every single game for hours and it seems like everyone here is doing it now, but yeah, TftBl ep.5 had that "wtf" Sasha dying scene and the watch from Felix. HJ being the same jerk to you whether you sided with him through the whole game but everybody, including me, LOVED the episode, well mostly.

Games are games not everyone likes the same ones yay

• It is a Telltale gamea forum, of course everybody here loves their games, so do I although I prefer LiS.

Tomi021 posted: »

Has everyone lost their minds on this thread? How is LIS a bad game? Jesus christ LIS is better than anything telltale have done since TWD S

• Warren is well written?! Not Even Close. I think what Wolf meant with the characters beeing badly written is for example Jefferson in EP. 5 were he now just Talks like a Bad guy Because wie Know hes Bad now. But Warren is an example too. His Lines Are all Bad. And His Voice Actor was so devestatingly Bad that i actually Never listent When he was Talking. Victoria was ok. Nathan was just so obvious.

characters are not well written, the dialogue is unrealistic and story is mediocore by itself. Where do I begin, this criticism is so vag

• Where do I begin, this criticism is so vague its hard to understand where you are coming from. There are many fleshed out characters in the game besides Max and Chloe that are actually well written like Warren, Kate, Nathan and Victoria to name a few... Also I found the story more grounded and relatable because.. you know.. there aren't corpses walking around..

Max was the main protagonist and the writing on her wasn't good enough which it's something we expect in games like these. Some of the side characters like Nathan and Kate were good written and Chloe was probably their best written character IMO but the rest... nah..

Even in season one we get the same ending no matter what... we either just leave or shoot Lee.. LIS is the same at the end as well.. two choices.. The impact of choices are the same in both games.. just a change of dialogue and some new different scenes that all lead up to the same point.

Yes. We get the same ending no matter what but they can't totally change the complete ending cause that would need lots of hard work. But at least it felt like we did some choices in the past. LiS however doesn't feel the same way. It's like we never did them.

It really isn't.. choice based games like this all work similar.. don't have double standards..

Did you even compare Telltale games and LiS?

I can tell you I cared for people besides Chloe... and in S2 the only people I cared about were Luke and Kenny.. the rest were killed off so quick i didn't have time to care.. and Nicks offscreen death was a joke..

I guess that's true. I didn't care for most of the characters in Season 2 of The Walking Dead. But in the rest of the Telltale games, characters don't get killed that quick and you have time to care about them. I mean, I could not even care about Max cause of how horrible her dialogue and her character was. And Max's voice acting (don't get me wrong, she did everything she could but it's not enough for me) needed lots and lots of work. If Max's voice acting was a little bit better, maybe I could care for her even more.

characters are not well written, the dialogue is unrealistic and story is mediocore by itself. Where do I begin, this criticism is so vag

• Once again, I'm just seeing pointless bashing with no evidence.. just like the other guy up there who you strangely are similar to. If you actually listened to Jefferson you could see what was coming from the end of episode 4.. it wasn't just out of the blue.

Warren is well written?! Not Even Close. I think what Wolf meant with the characters beeing badly written is for example Jefferson in EP. 5

• It's Not that. It's the way he just tells you everything Because Bad People Do this. He just One Big Cliché. It was underwhelming.

Once again, I'm just seeing pointless bashing with no evidence.. just like the other guy up there who you strangely are similar to. If you

• edited December 2015

Max was the main protagonist and the writing on her wasn't good enough which it's something we expect in games like these. Some of the side characters like Nathan and Kate were good written and Chloe was probably their best written character IMO but the rest... nah..

Not seeing examples of bad writing so I don't see what your talking about... There are plenty of other well written characters.. The time we spent with Joyce in episode 3 actually felt pretty real and genuine to me.. David was also a great character too..

Yes. We get the same ending no matter what but they can't totally change the complete ending cause that would need lots of hard work. But at least it felt like we did some choices in the past. LiS however doesn't feel the same way. It's like we never did them.

Welcome to choice based games, its always been like this... Its telling a story after all... its LIKE you didn't do them in one ending... but you did.. thats what counts. Its the allusion of choice... its the same in TWD. The stranger is still going to come and take clem even if you didnt steal his supplies...

Did you even compare Telltale games and LiS?

Thats what I have been doing all this time

And Max's voice acting (don't get me wrong, she did everything she could but it's not enough for me) needed lots and lots of work. If Max's voice acting was a little bit better, maybe I could care for her even more.

She's just starting out and did fine for her first major character.. I disagree here. Max is an introvert.. and the voice suited her.

• It's the way his character is... yes it was villainy but it made sense... he has no one else to gloat to so why not do it to the person he is going to kill?

It's Not that. It's the way he just tells you everything Because Bad People Do this. He just One Big Cliché. It was underwhelming.

• This may Be true. But i expected better from DontnoD. Jefferson started to Be interesting, But When he was the Evil guy it felt Really dissapointing

It's the way his character is... yes it was villainy but it made sense... he has no one else to gloat to so why not do it to the person he is going to kill?

• well at least they did alright at making him a creepy ass mofo.

This may Be true. But i expected better from DontnoD. Jefferson started to Be interesting, But When he was the Evil guy it felt Really dissapointing

• Thats true. He's Creepy As fuck.

well at least they did alright at making him a creepy ass mofo.

• Not seeing examples of bad writing so I don't see what your talking about... There are plenty of other well written characters.. The time we spent with Joyce in episode 3 actually felt pretty real and genuine to me.. David was also a great character too..

As I said, some characters are good written but most of them are horribly written. Jefferson as a villian in EP 5 was so horribly written that I was speechless. I've been expecting more from DONTNOD.

Welcome to choice based games, its always been like this... Its telling a story after all... its LIKE you didn't do them in one ending... but you did.. thats what counts. Its the allusion of choice... its the same in TWD. The stranger is still going to come and take clem even if you didnt steal his supplies...

Yeah, but there was an illusion of choice in TWD S1, TWD S2 and in TWAU. But in GoT and TFTBL, our choices truly matter there. :P

Thats what I have been doing all this time

Yeah, but you are still saying that LiS and TTG have the same impact of choice which is not true.

She's just starting out and did fine for her first major character.. I disagree here. Max is an introvert.. and the voice suited her.

Her voice would suit her even more if Max's voice actor did a better try.

Max was the main protagonist and the writing on her wasn't good enough which it's something we expect in games like these. Some of the side

• You see, everyone? GSSalvador totally gets it!

Warren is well written?! Not Even Close. I think what Wolf meant with the characters beeing badly written is for example Jefferson in EP. 5

• I never said that I shit on a game. I only said that I criticize it and point out the flaws. And LiS had flaws. And so do Telltale games (yes, and TFTBL).

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Unrealistic dialogue? Heh, what?? And tbh we can shit on every single game for hours and it seems like everyone here is doing it now, but

• As I said, some characters are good written but most of them are horribly written. Jefferson as a villian in EP 5 was so horribly written that I was speechless. I've been expecting more from DONTNOD.

Once again I disagree with this.. I actually found Jefferson pretty scary/creepy they did a good job of making me hate him and become curious about why he did all of this.

Yeah, but there was an illusion of choice in TWD S1, TWD S2 and in TWAU. But in GoT and TFTBL, our choices truly matter there. :P

Telltale has been at it for way longer and have had much more opportunities to test out new ideas and still make the same mistakes even after all the fan complaints and feedback. GOT has been getting horrible feedback... Tales was good.

Yeah, but you are still saying that LiS and TTG have the same impact of choice which is not true.

It is true... the dialogue/choices you make in an episode get a slight mention/reaction from certain characters in the next episode.. and sometimes some unique scenes.. they work pretty much the same way... you are just blinded by your love of TTG that you favour those games and feel the need to criticize LIS for doing things no different than TWD.

Her voice would suit her even more if Max's voice actor did a better try.

I think she tried pretty well, I liked it.

Not seeing examples of bad writing so I don't see what your talking about... There are plenty of other well written characters.. The time we

• Once again I disagree with this.. I actually found Jefferson pretty scary/creepy they did a good job of making me hate him and become curious about why he did all of this.

But the dialogue between him and Max was ridicously bad! It is even worse than Luke's death in TWD S2.

Telltale has been at it for way longer and have had much more opportunities to test out new ideas and still make the same mistakes even after all the fan complaints and feedback. GOT has been getting horrible feedback... Tales was good.

I guess GOT isn't for everyone :p

It is true... the dialogue/choices you make in an episode get a slight mention/reaction from certain characters in the next episode.. and sometimes some unique scenes.. they work pretty much the same way... you are just blinded by your love of TTG that you favour those games and feel the need to criticize LIS for doing things no different than TWD.

Who said I never criticized TTG? You do know that I don't love all TTG. I hated TWAU by all my heart because I found its story completely uninteresting. And I didn't care for almost any character.

I think she tried pretty well, I liked it.

I guess everyone has a different opinion. But I still think that she could do a better job :p

As I said, some characters are good written but most of them are horribly written. Jefferson as a villian in EP 5 was so horribly written th

• in GoT our choices truly matter there

Except in Mira's story. Well, only one choice matters there.

Not seeing examples of bad writing so I don't see what your talking about... There are plenty of other well written characters.. The time we

• edited December 2015

I actually feel like 3 of our choices matter in Mira's story.

1. Tell Tarwick that Sera is a bastard or lie.
    2. Tell Margaery the truth or lie.
    3. Accept Morgryn's proposal or refuse.

Although I know how much you like LiS, Michael and I'm saying that because we were talking about LiS sometimes, but sometimes, I have to say my opinion to LiS. I think that LiS is a good game with so much potential but it's also overrated.

MichaelBP posted: »

in GoT our choices truly matter there Except in Mira's story. Well, only one choice matters there.

• Speaking of choices and all... Take a look here.

http://venturebeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Life-Is-Strange-Frank-flowchart.jpg

This flowchart portrays how complex can the situation with Frank be. TT hasn't put nearly half as much effort as there was put into such scenes by Dontnod.

Once again I disagree with this.. I actually found Jefferson pretty scary/creepy they did a good job of making me hate him and become curiou

• Thing is staying in Margaery's favour doesn't really do much, and Tarwick is meh. Accepting Lord Douchebag's proposal is the only choice I felt had an actual effect.

I like LIS but I won't fanboy over it. It has its issues, I already talked with you about that certain plothole. I'm a big MGS fan, but I dislike V's story and characters, with the exception of Venom Snake and Kaz.

I actually feel like 3 of our choices matter in Mira's story. * Tell Tarwick that Sera is a bastard or lie. * Tell Margaery the truth

• edited December 2015

You mean the situation with Frank which he either gets killed, shot or not shot? Yeah, that was truly complicated. And this is like for me, it is the only choice that matters.

Also, I tried to check out the link but it made my PC crash and I had to restart it :p

armis37 posted: »

Speaking of choices and all... Take a look here. http://venturebeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Life-Is-Strange-Frank-flowchart.jpg

• Thing is staying in Margaery's favour doesn't really do much, and Tarwick is meh. Accepting Lord Douchebag's proposal is the only choice I felt had an actual effect.

It may not affect to Mira much but for Sera, it affects many things. And as I've seen, her relationship with Mira really changes, which is not much but it's okay in my book.

I like LIS but I won't fanboy over it. It has its issues, I already talked with you about that certain plothole. I'm a big MGS fan, but I dislike V's story and characters, with the exception of Venom Snake and Kaz.

Yeah. Truth be told, I look like I fanboy over TTG. But I fanboy for certain games made by Telltale and not for all of them. And... now that you mentioned MGS, I may try it out one time. I remember that I have a MGS game for PS2 and I'm willing to try it out soon. I haven't touched it since the day I got it xD

Thing is staying in Margaery's favour doesn't really do much, and Tarwick is meh. Accepting Lord Douchebag's proposal is the only choice I f

• Lel, why are you looking at things in such a simplified way? What satisfaction is there in just clicking once and being done with it? If the whole game was like that, it'd be hella boring. Now I have to work and actually try to have the best result possible, I have to think.

Granted, some choices are simple in the way you described it, but I'd rather have this complexity instead of a (as literal as it gets) 'point and click' adventure.

You mean the situation with Frank which he either gets killed, shot or not shot? Yeah, that was truly complicated. And this is like for me,

• The best part was at the 8:47 mark, his reaction was too close to mine.

Perpetual laughter.

Drink up.

• Lel, why are you looking at things in such a simplified way? What satisfaction is there in just clicking once and being done with it? If the whole game was like that, it'd be hella boring. Now I have to work and actually try to have the best result possible, I have to think.

I don't know. I just have this kind of thought. :P

Granted, some choices are simple in the way you described it, but I'd rather have this complexity instead of a (as literal as it gets) 'point and click' adventure.

Yeah. Some choices are simple and some are complicated. But... I don't know. As I said, I'm just looking things in a kinda simplified way. This is how I got used to xP

armis37 posted: »

Lel, why are you looking at things in such a simplified way? What satisfaction is there in just clicking once and being done with it? If the

• edited December 2015

I suppose it is something. At least the changes are smoother than like who saves Rodrik or Asher, with the lighting on Bowen/Erik being fucked up.

I also tend to be very harsh on glitches, and oh boy I could go on for a while on all the glitches I found in GoT PS4. Glitchiest game I played on it since AC Unity tbh. You're in for some craziness if you have MGS2.

Thing is staying in Margaery's favour doesn't really do much, and Tarwick is meh. Accepting Lord Douchebag's proposal is the only choice I f

• edited December 2015

I suppose it is something. At least the changes are smoother than like who saves Rodrik or Asher, with the lighting on Bowen/Erik being fucked up.

Yeah. I really hated that they were purple. I wish they weren't that way.

I also tend to be very harsh on glitches, and oh boy I could go on for a while on all the glitches I found in GoT PS4. Glitchiest game I played on it since AC Unity tbh. You're in for some craziness if you have MGS2.

I actually think that glitches ruin the immersion but sooner or later, I got used of the glitches in Telltale games. Also I found a glitch where Asher's hair are being ruined if he's saved by Erik. That kinda annoyed me but later I was like "Goddamn it, Telltale. But I forgive you for this one and for all the glitches." I'll show you a screenshot soon enough. Oh and I hope I'll have MGS2. But first I have to find it. Oh, and my PS2. Boy, I had a long time to play on a controller.

Edit: Here are the screenshots:

enter image description here

enter image description here

Of course, my Asher didn't get saved by Erik so I never encountered it. But is it cause of platform problems or it has appeared in every platform?

I suppose it is something. At least the changes are smoother than like who saves Rodrik or Asher, with the lighting on Bowen/Erik being fuck

• Even though I had some problems with the last episode, it was overall a great game in its OWN RIGHT.

I can understand the complaints that one of the endings is a bit under-developed but people complaining that choices don't matter? Oh yes cause they matter SO MUCH in telltale games.

My reason is because Dontnod blatanly hyped the game that choices mattering to be literal, and how the final moments kinda wiped that away one way or another.

People should be happy that it's not just telltale doing story games

And I am glad. But the game is allowed to have valid criticism.

Tomi021 posted: »

Has everyone lost their minds on this thread? How is LIS a bad game? Jesus christ LIS is better than anything telltale have done since TWD S

• It honestly reminds me of the fanmade model swaps for S2, where the lighting could look fucked up on some characters.

I'm harsh towards any dev, when it comes to glitches. The only ones I'm willing to forgive are the ones where you have to try hard to break the game, in order to get them. I do hope you find your PS2, if you have 3, then it is also very good, and it has one of my favourite characters in gaming, The Boss.

What the fuck happened to his hair? It's like a horrible dye job. I wasn't even aware this was a thing, since I saved Rodrik.

• I'm harsh towards any dev, when it comes to glitches. The only ones I'm willing to forgive are the ones where you have to try hard to break the game, in order to get them. I do hope you find your PS2, if you have 3, then it is also very good, and it has one of my favourite characters in gaming, The Boss.

Same. It makes me upset every time I encounter glitches and bugs on a game. That kinda also includes Telltale games but I'm not that upset when it comes to them. And I actually remember my brother playing it. The player camera on MGS game he was playing was on the roof or something like that (can't exactly remember the name of that kind of camera position).

What the fuck happened to his hair? It's like a horrible dye job. I wasn't even aware this was a thing, since I saved Rodrik.

Yeah. I have two playthroughs. One with Rodrik and one with Asher. Of course, I've never encountered that glitch since as I said before, my Asher didn't get saved by Erik. Ugh... that was literally one of the worst glitches in TTG I've seen since Gryff's face glitch. I literally completely hated that goddamn glitch. Good thing he has an eyepatch on both episode 5 and 6 now.

It honestly reminds me of the fanmade model swaps for S2, where the lighting could look fucked up on some characters. I'm harsh towards a

• THe worst one I got was losing my save file for both TWD S1 and GoT, that is a glitch I just can't forgive, since it's been happening to players for 3 years. If it has a top down camera, it could either be 2 or the original version of 3.

I'd still say the Gryff one was worse, since it made a choice look pointless and it makes it seem as if they didn't even beta test the episode.

I'm harsh towards any dev, when it comes to glitches. The only ones I'm willing to forgive are the ones where you have to try hard to break

• Also, I don't think Telltale considers LiS as competition.

Hmm, I don't know about that. I agree that LIS didn't innovate the genre, but LIS sold more on Steam than Tales and GOT... combined. They sold together 680k while LIS sold 708k. Of course, DONTNOD has a long way to go if they want to become as succesful as TTG. Not everything has to be a competition, but we're talking games of the same genre, and at the end of the day what matter the most to gaming companies is sales.

The fanboyism is strong with you. How is LIS a bad game? I don't think its bad, just mediocre. Dialogue is for the most part b

Sign in to comment in this discussion.