Can you believe it's been a year since they announced this?

I'm a day off, but still, I find it amazing how many people's viewpoints have changed on this game. I recall a younger me, in this thread, posting a 'You shall not pass' gif:

https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/88623/batten-down-the-hatches/p1

How about you? How has your viewpoint changed?

Comments

• Picked up some nice memes from this thread xD

• Yeah rereading it does have some pretty funny ones like this:

enter image description here

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Picked up some nice memes from this thread xD

• enter image description here

Yeah rereading it does have some pretty funny ones like this:

• I was curious about it from the beginning, In other words I was never a hater and I don't regret how it's turned out.

enter image description here

• I didn't have hate for it, but I definitely was thinking that it was a weird franchise choice for Telltale when it was announced. Like freelancepolicefan11, I was more curious about how it would turn out more than anything.

I was actually glad to see Telltale return to their family friendly comic adventure game roots when it was announced to be honest, but it turned out a lot different than I expected. I expected it to be like the Lego Movie (as did a lot of people at the time), but their decision to mimic family films of the 1980s actually works well for this game, as well as modern Telltale in general, since Goonies, Ghostbusters, and Back to the Future had their dark moments despite being films families could watch together.

A lot of the internet hate I've read about it since release relates to the first two episodes. Most people who've played episode three (and those who have played episode four) seem to actually enjoy it. I know I definitely do.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited December 2015

I remember the day it was announced and the amount of hate it got, Job initially started teasing a "surprise announcement" so Blind Sniper created this thread for people to speculate what the announcement could be, you can see the first reactions to the announcement on page 5 and they then quickly spread to other parts of the forum.

I never hated the idea but when it was first announce i remember thinking "how will that work" so i stayed open minded while things where being announced and i started to get more interested one i saw some of the E3 gameplay footage. Now that we are at episode 4 i have to say i am enjoying the game, it isn't my favourite Telltale series but i still enjoy it and i am looking forward to seeing how they decide to end the game.

• I stayed open minded when it was announced, then I was disappointed with what we got.

• My view that it would be okay for kids but pretty dull otherwise hasnt changed. I dont particularly like the game so far

Sign in to comment in this discussion.