Episode 4 trailer analysis + discussion

So,the trailer was just released and I figured I should make an in-depth analysis for it,so..here we go:

enter image description here

Now you can get an idea of how big the wither storm has become,good luck taking that down :P

Jesse,in her fabulous redstone champ armor looks over the wither storm from a distance.

The first landscape we see in our journey to the farlands,it looks like an icy-spikes biome,and those are really rare to encounter in Minecraft,so the group is super lucky to have found that.

A normal jungle biome that we'll encounter in our trip.

An overview of the farlands,if you look to the right,you can see what looks like some lamps,so I think someone inhabited the place before,maybe it was a base for the order.

I think those are the same lamps from before,looks like it's an entrance to a monument or something.

So,looks like it actually is a monument,it's messy though,most likely from how glitchy the farlands are.

The same shot from the episode 4 screen,nothing special,NEXT!

Looks like a library similar to the one at the endercon,they also appear in strongholds in the original Minecraft.

Jesse and Axel chest-butting each other in a rather..creepy way?

The skeleton firing squad is in for the showdown B)

Now that is interesting,looks like our dreams came true,we became the new order of the stone,YES :D

The endermen-feasted entrance of one of the order's temple's,god how many of those are out there? (Also,Olivia in her new order armor)

I don't even know what this is supposed to be :V

This is weird,it looks like that glowing thing on top of those obsidian pillars in the end,and Jesse is reading from a book that is usually attached to an enchantment table.What the hell is that even?

A clearer vision of our new order,still looks like Petra hasn't been cured yet V_V

The "order" escaping the temple for an unknown reason,but why isn't Gabriel or Magnus/Ellegard there shakes nervously

Gabriel defeating the Enderdragon in the flashback of the order,but why does he look surprised?Hmm..

Jesse falling in what appears to be a pit?It looks very deep too.

======================================================================================================================================

So,hope I covered everything in the trailer,have fun discussing and#Take_Down_The_Storm.

P.S. Looks like it's the first time that Telltale used the female Jesse in the trailer,cool :)

Comments

• Um..there's nothing there..

• OMG Thanks for making this discussion!! :D Now I understand more of these pics! And now i have to replay my game for Petra to live... Sorry Gabriel! :c

• Exactly! My thoughts! I like how you think!!!

• You're welcome,and I saved Petra in my playthrough too ;)

michyxox posted: »

OMG Thanks for making this discussion!! Now I understand more of these pics! And now i have to replay my game for Petra to live... Sorry Gabriel! :c

• I can't make it out, is Lukas wearing goggles or nah? Or are those just hairgrips?

• Yeah,he is.Looks like he's going to replace Soren.

MarteenPyro posted: »

I can't make it out, is Lukas wearing goggles or nah? Or are those just hairgrips?

• edited December 2015

Gabriel isn't in the trailer. Does that mean Petra will die in my playthrough?! I don't know if i should replay the entire episodes to save Gabriel instead that Petra can live, or just keep it the way it is right now. Because we could be wrong on this.

Looks like it's the first time that Telltale used the female Jesse in the trailer,cool :)

Nope, they used Female Jesse in Episode 3 trailer too, except they used both Male and Female Jesse.

• omgggg samee! am gonna replay mine RIGHT now!! Sorry Gabriel.. but Petra is bae. Am gonna replay..

Smellmeh posted: »

Gabriel isn't in the trailer. Does that mean Petra will die in my playthrough?! I don't know if i should replay the entire episodes to save

• Ok then do it! I don't know if i should or not.

omgggg samee! am gonna replay mine RIGHT now!! Sorry Gabriel.. but Petra is bae. Am gonna replay..

• Its your decision! Do what you think is right ;)

Ok then do it! I don't know if i should or not.

• Im gonna wait for Episode 4, we can't be sure until we see the episode.

Its your decision! Do what you think is right

• Why just before Jess falls, at the end are seen highlighted Endermens on top of the Storm? 1:03 if you are wondering.

• edited December 2015

Why just before Jess falls, at the end are seen highlighted Endermens on top of the Storm? 1:03 if you are wondering.

Can you fix that.. Please?

EDIT: Never mind, you got it right. I did not see the "?" at the end. :P

• I think Ellegaard or Magnus will suffer the determinant character's fate

• enter image description here

bigdogg0821 posted: »

I think Ellegaard or Magnus will suffer the determinant character's fate

• Lol thats what am gonna do to, am gonna be away when it releases anyway so i might as well keep it the same

Im gonna wait for Episode 4, we can't be sure until we see the episode.

• Hmm, all very interesting. As for this image:

That's a LOT of End stone and purple lights. It seems they're going back to the end, and those are tentacles of the Wither storm. Perhaps they're trying to summon/revive the Ender Dragon to fight the Wither Storm, which can end up as a bad idea. And by "Bad" idea, I mean an idea equal to charging into the Capra Demon boss room in Dark Souls with an inefficient weapon, no shield and no Estus Flasks. (That means a REALLY shitty idea). And most of all, I believe this might happen because of this image:

These are "End Crystals", which give the Ender Dragon it's power. The source of power basically. Without them, he's useless, but with them, he can exist. Perhaps they're enchanting them for a revival?

• Extra Analysis:

In the photo where you suggest that there could be a monument entrance I noticed green stone blocks? In the trees?

The photo where you see the monument reminds me of the the starting of episode1 where it shows the order going to the end portal that is where the trailer introducing the order takes place and the end portal where the ender dragon is slain, I think that is where we will see the full flashback of the order slaying the ender dragon

The enderman feasted entrance looks a lot like Soren's house in the mountain which is where the sneak peek for episode 4 ends in epiosde 3 and does taht look like a giant enderman? Also it makes sense to be Soren's house because they were escaping from his weird Overworld on the end because of the water backup.

i don't even know what this is supposed to be? oh my god that is the thing you get after defeating the ender dragon and it looks like Jesse is stealing the egg that comes with it under fire of the wither storm INTENSE!

In the fourth and third last picture Ivor has joined our crew! Actually glad he is being nice to us now.

In the second last shot of Gabriel being surprised we can't really say too much yet but I just think he was shocked at delivering the final blow, and the explosion of victory hitting his face

The last picture could be Jesse heroicly sacrificing himself like a few have guessed at.

• I'm down with that,but in the first picture,if you look closely,you'll see that that's actually dirt,so I don't think they're going to the end again,maybe they'll summon it in the overworld?

Hmm, all very interesting. As for this image: That's a LOT of End stone and purple lights. It seems they're going back to the end, an

• Ah, maybe you're right. Sorry, eyes were playing tricks on me.

ZapThroat posted: »

I'm down with that,but in the first picture,if you look closely,you'll see that that's actually dirt,so I don't think they're going to the end again,maybe they'll summon it in the overworld?

• but why isn't Gabriel or Magnus/Ellegard there shakes nervously

Maybe Magnus/Ellegard were left behind to take care of Gabriel. Which may mean that he (or Petra! :D) didn't die?

• So...to get the person you like better to make it to the end of your journey with you, you have to...NOT save them?
    Why would Telltale do that?!

OMG Thanks for making this discussion!! Now I understand more of these pics! And now i have to replay my game for Petra to live... Sorry Gabriel! :c

• Because they are evil. :)

lucariolu5 posted: »

So...to get the person you like better to make it to the end of your journey with you, you have to...NOT save them? Why would Telltale do that?!

• Aww man thats too bad, hopefully you will have time to play it soon enough.

Lol thats what am gonna do to, am gonna be away when it releases anyway so i might as well keep it the same

• They are.
    Anyhow, I think maybe Petra will live regardless of who you saved because it wouldn't make sense for the 'new' Order to include Gabriel, right?
    ...I really hope Petra lives.

Tohabath posted: »

Because they are evil.

• I think Ellegard/Magnus was left behind to take care of Gabriel. This is possible right?

They are. Anyhow, I think maybe Petra will live regardless of who you saved because it wouldn't make sense for the 'new' Order to include Gabriel, right? ...I really hope Petra lives.

• I sorta made myself Gabriel but as the leader. Because through the episodes Gabriel shows a lot more leadership than what I saw from Soren

I even chose the ender defender armour as it's the closest thing to Gabriel's armour

They are. Anyhow, I think maybe Petra will live regardless of who you saved because it wouldn't make sense for the 'new' Order to include Gabriel, right? ...I really hope Petra lives.

• The trailer is actually stupid because with the trained eye and it's something I should've known myself, the secret of the ender dragon not being defeated but vanquished is clearly shown with the ender crystals, a minority of players will get this ruining a building block of what makes the epiosde great

• tfw you're the only one who likes Gabriel more than Petra and wants him to live ;-;

• Ender defender?

I sorta made myself Gabriel but as the leader. Because through the episodes Gabriel shows a lot more leadership than what I saw from Soren I even chose the ender defender armour as it's the closest thing to Gabriel's armour

• That would explain why they're not in any of the screenshots.

MimoDX2 posted: »

I think Ellegard/Magnus was left behind to take care of Gabriel. This is possible right?

• It's an armour you can chose in Ivor's farlands lab, sort of looks like Gabriel's armour

Ender defender?

• Maybe you are replying to me but yeah true, I do swords in real life so I prefer Gabriel because he is a swordsman

People say Petra was our friend before the timepoint to where we play the game but I really think she was just a n acquaintance

tfw you're the only one who likes Gabriel more than Petra and wants him to live ;-;

• Spoiler alert?

No, wait, sorry. You're probably just trolling me.

Ah, It's fun to be gullible.

• Oh. Well, I'll get back to that once I've played Epsiode 4. :)

It's an armour you can chose in Ivor's farlands lab, sort of looks like Gabriel's armour

Sign in to comment in this discussion.