Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Ep 4 Releasing Dec 22nd on All Platforms, Trailer Out Now, New Screens

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2015

It varies. It can be as early as midnight in their timezone, or later into the day. Press copies are irrelevant as those are given several days early to people so they can review the title.

Odin_Online posted: »

What time the Telltale store version for PC gets released? It's already out for minimun 10 hours for some people as a press copy and yeah, consoles have it already released, too....

• Thread: ep 4??

it comes today but when

• Press copies are relevant because for the last titles moderators gave the cheap excuse that Telltale store version gets released so late as they "could" be working still on the pc version. People are asking why Telltale doesn't release their own store version of the game as early as consoles - because this is what it used to be for Games like Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and Minecraft 1st episode / till a couple months ago

It varies. It can be as early as midnight in their timezone, or later into the day. Press copies are irrelevant as those are given several days early to people so they can review the title.

• Well 1 more hour considering if they release it at 12pm and not any later.

so much excite!! I just realized what you said...Only one more hour? that's two in the morning for me! good thing it's winter break

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2015

Again, it varies by release for not only each episode but also each platform. I'm not a staff member so I don't know specifics obviously, but sometimes they work on last minute polish for different platform iterations, and other times they are done early. Press copies are technically not final builds, but are close enough, as press copies can also have changes made by the time the public build is released.

Press copies are relevant because for the last titles moderators gave the cheap excuse that Telltale store version gets released so late as

• And right now...it's supposed to be out. OK, now just frequently keep checking

Well 1 more hour considering if they release it at 12pm and not any later.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It depends on which platform you're waiting for but it normally releases once the Steam, PSN or Xbox store updates.

Thread: ep 4?? it comes today but when

• Why cant steam just release it already...

• STill not out? Is it that:
    1. Telltale lied to us (the date and time is a LIE)
    2. It's coming a bit later today
    3. There were technical issues so it was postponed
    4. They're releasing it right now but it's taking time

It's coming soon! Only 2 hours left! #HYPE

• I'm wondering the same question. RELEASE IT!

DarkStormer posted: »

Why cant steam just release it already...

• What if you got it directly from the site?

OzzyUK posted: »

It depends on which platform you're waiting for but it normally releases once the Steam, PSN or Xbox store updates.

• They're probably doing last minute editing before releasing it.

Again, it varies by release for not only each episode but also each platform. I'm not a staff member so I don't know specifics obviously, bu

• A midnight release is never a guarantee - they only give a specific day as a general frame of time. It's only 12:20 am in Telltale's timezone, so there's plenty of time left in the day for Telltale to release the episode. ;)

STill not out? Is it that: 1. Telltale lied to us (the date and time is a LIE) 2. It's coming a bit later today 3. There were technical issues so it was postponed 4. They're releasing it right now but it's taking time

• Steam generally updates around 10 AM PT. As for Telltale's store, they often update at random times for each episode and there isn't really a set pattern.

I'm wondering the same question. RELEASE IT!

• edited December 2015

Yep, I know you don't have any real clue why or why not.
    Thing is, the late Telltale store pc version release is about the same time as the late Steam version release, where moderators explained it is because Telltale is a small company and can't have their own release schedule unlike big publishers behind Life is Strange or Evil Within which got midnight releases all the time on Steam.

The last minute polish can't really be the reason because the late release on the Telltale store platform all started some months ago at the same time for all new episode releases: Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and Minecraft.

Like many others I've bought the Telltale store version of those games because they used to release early = about the same time as the console versions, a PST midnight release on the target release date. Personally I even bought Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands even though I've got the full version on Steam already... getting the episodes early as the consoles while supporting Telltale directly was good for me.

But now I see things have changed and it is not because of last polish or because the pc version getting worked on last.

Again, it varies by release for not only each episode but also each platform. I'm not a staff member so I don't know specifics obviously, bu

• Yeah. I guess that means the 2nd point is true and they'll release it a bit later today

A midnight release is never a guarantee - they only give a specific day as a general frame of time. It's only 12:20 am in Telltale's timezone, so there's plenty of time left in the day for Telltale to release the episode.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I'm not a Telltale staff member so i don't know if they have an exact time planned but it will likely release around the same time as the Steam version which is from around 10 AM PST.

What if you got it directly from the site?

• And it's only 12:20 there so just a bit more waiting left!

They're probably doing last minute editing before releasing it.

• That means:
    Steam people wait for a bit longer
    While Telltale buyers are still wondering when.

Steam generally updates around 10 AM PT. As for Telltale's store, they often update at random times for each episode and there isn't really a set pattern.

• 10 AM? Well then... thats a whole 22 hours!!!

OzzyUK posted: »

I'm not a Telltale staff member so i don't know if they have an exact time planned but it will likely release around the same time as the Steam version which is from around 10 AM PST.

• Or something...10 hours actually

10 AM? Well then... thats a whole 22 hours!!!

• Yeah I was guessing. I know that it can't be the polish thing as it's been 30 min already.
    Since Steam updates at 10 AM PT then we have a whole 10 HOURS left. Man this waiting is so annoying!

Yep, I know you don't have any real clue why or why not. Thing is, the late Telltale store pc version release is about the same time as th

• Oh and thats only if Telltale releases it as soon as it comes up on Steam

Yeah I was guessing. I know that it can't be the polish thing as it's been 30 min already. Since Steam updates at 10 AM PT then we have a whole 10 HOURS left. Man this waiting is so annoying!

• Yeah, last Minecraft episode number 3 was about 1-2 hours later than Steam but all the other 3-4 Telltale episodes before that were about the same time as Steam.

Oh and thats only if Telltale releases it as soon as it comes up on Steam

• Why did iOS get it first and all because the spoilers are real and us PC gamers are more likely to buy the season pass and all, it should've come by now tbh because i almost ow know what is the whole episode due to spoilers on the net :/

• It's still not guaranteed what the time is but based on what I found out it should come AROUND 10 PM PT. Since it's 7:04 pm here that means it's coming at around 4:30 AM in the early morning!!!

• You should probably just go to sleep if you were planning on staying up. If we were getting an early release, we'd probably have gotten it by now.

It's still not guaranteed what the time is but based on what I found out it should come AROUND 10 PM PT. Since it's 7:04 pm here that means it's coming at around 4:30 AM in the early morning!!!

• Well steam updates at 10 pm PT so guess what? FREAKIN 9 AND A HALF HOURS OF WAITING LEFT!!! unless if Telltale releases it earlier. plz telltale plz

victeldo posted: »

Why did iOS get it first and all because the spoilers are real and us PC gamers are more likely to buy the season pass and all, it should've come by now tbh because i almost ow know what is the whole episode due to spoilers on the net

• I wasn't planning on staying up but yeah

You should probably just go to sleep if you were planning on staying up. If we were getting an early release, we'd probably have gotten it by now.

• some youtubers uploaded the episode already, i know vikkstar123 did. wtf.....

• It's now the 22nd in Telltale's timezone, so the embargo on footage of press copies of the episode is probably lifted. Notable Let's Players on YouTube can sometimes get press copies.

Mahmou97 posted: »

some youtubers uploaded the episode already, i know vikkstar123 did. wtf.....

• ios users and nukemdukem is lucky, all of em got it early

Well steam updates at 10 pm PT so guess what? FREAKIN 9 AND A HALF HOURS OF WAITING LEFT!!! unless if Telltale releases it earlier. plz telltale plz

• I was planning on uploading episode 4 to youtube when it comes out because I'm a youtuber but i didn't get a press copy

It's now the 22nd in Telltale's timezone, so the embargo on footage of press copies of the episode is probably lifted. Notable Let's Players on YouTube can sometimes get press copies.

• OMG JUST DOWNLOADED IT IN IOS I DIDNT PLAY IT SHOULD I PLAY IT NOW???

• If you really want, go ahead.

EnderNawaf posted: »

OMG JUST DOWNLOADED IT IN IOS I DIDNT PLAY IT SHOULD I PLAY IT NOW???

• I can't download it, I have the game on Steam and it still says coming soon. help please.

A midnight release is never a guarantee - they only give a specific day as a general frame of time. It's only 12:20 am in Telltale's timezone, so there's plenty of time left in the day for Telltale to release the episode.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It hasn't released on Steam yet, the Steam release normally happens from around 10 AM PST so it should hopefully release around 7 hours from now.

I can't download it, I have the game on Steam and it still says coming soon. help please.

• Clock is 13:27 and its not availabe... is it even going out today?

• Thread: Episode 4 Release Time

Does anyone know when episode 4 will be released. I know it get released today but at what time.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It depends on which platform you're waiting for, it should be out now on most consoles and mobile devices with the Steam and Telltale store version releasing from around 10 AM PST.

Thread: Episode 4 Release Time Does anyone know when episode 4 will be released. I know it get released today but at what time.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.