Spoiler free episode 4 review thread

edited December 2015 in Minecraft: Story Mode

Hi guys!

Since some lucky folks have got the episode early, this was the best way I could think of to manage my hype for the next day-and-a-half worth of a waiting time till I can play it!

So yeah, thoughts on the episode?

And please please PLEASE keep it spoiler free!

Comments

• 9/10

It was a long-ish episode compared to the previous ones, It gives a satisfying conclusion to this plot. It has a really emotional and sad moment :( You also get costumise a lot of things in this episode (alike Tales) which is awesome.

• How did choices matter in this episode?

9/10 It was a long-ish episode compared to the previous ones, It gives a satisfying conclusion to this plot. It has a really emotional and sad moment You also get costumise a lot of things in this episode (alike Tales) which is awesome.

• edited December 2015

Oh man I should of thought of this again. Thanks for making the thread, Flog! From what I've heard it seems to be a very good "penultimate" finale.

• IGN will probably rate it 6/10 anyway.

Oh man I should of thought of this again. Thanks for making the thread, Flog! From what I've heard it seems to be a very good "penultimate" finale.

• Well, they weren't lying, TFTB EP 4 and GOT EP 6 really did deserved 6/10.

IGN will probably rate it 6/10 anyway.

• TFTB EP 4 and GOT EP 6 really did deserved 6/10.

That's your opinion.

Well, they weren't lying, TFTB EP 4 and GOT EP 6 really did deserved 6/10.

• Tales? NOPE! Game of Thrones Episode 5? That's debatable.

Well, they weren't lying, TFTB EP 4 and GOT EP 6 really did deserved 6/10.

• @EleanaBaeForeva No need to be so rude. Did I post a hate comment? Nope.

@freelancepolicefan11 Well, episode 4 was really slow, the beginning was good, but the scenes at hyperion really sucked.

TFTB EP 4 and GOT EP 6 really did deserved 6/10. That's your opinion.

• Oh great, I sound rude when I don't try to be rude. :P Sorry if I pissed you off with my comment.

@EleanaBaeForeva No need to be so rude. Did I post a hate comment? Nope. @freelancepolicefan11 Well, episode 4 was really slow, the beginning was good, but the scenes at hyperion really sucked.

• edited December 2015

I was tempted to say that I didn't think you were being rude. I can think of many other ways to rephrase what you said if you'd wanted to be. It's unfortunate, really, that people feel the need to say 'that's your opinion' or that people should feel they need to qualify their views/statements with 'in my opinion'. It should be a given really, but there's unfortunately so many people out there that treat their views as fact and not subjective. That sort of thing.

PS: Not in any shape or form saying you're one of those people, Scooter. Just trying to say I can understand where Eleana was coming from.

Oh great, I sound rude when I don't try to be rude. :P Sorry if I pissed you off with my comment.

• While choices from previous episodes do matter, the choices you make on this episode are what really tailor it.

Kellogs posted: »

How did choices matter in this episode?

• I give it a 9.5/10 at one point Olivia did not lip sync properly and that's it, a very emotional epiosde with so many choices which matter alot especially with the ones from the past episodes episode 4 has the most replay value out of all the episodes so far

• I give the episode 10/10 because the episode has soon many twists and turns, and your choices before really change what happens in the episode!!

• did you play it or watched it?

michyxox posted: »

I give the episode 10/10 because the episode has soon many twists and turns, and your choices before really change what happens in the episode!!

• No offence taken, guys. :P

Oh great, I sound rude when I don't try to be rude. :P Sorry if I pissed you off with my comment.

• Played it, on IOS though

did you play it or watched it?

• This was genuinely great, it's a 9/10 for me.

• 9.5/10

PUZZLES! Actual puzzles that required thinking and logic. AHHHHHHHHH!!!! Also it was just a brilliant episode overall with a very satisfying length and conclusion. episode 5 is going to be fantastic even if it kinda doesn't need to exist. The ending is 100% strong without it.

• Easily a 9.0/10, it was a fantastic episode. There were some great puzzles (even if the maze/wall took me a long time to figure out), it was long (2 hours for me at least), well written, the choices were great in the episode and it felt like they had a great impact in the episode, and it was even emotional (seriously, even in a kids game there has to be an emotional death, what's wrong with you guys).

• Its okay, though the ending leaves me confused about episode 5.

• edited December 2015

Honestly? I know this may sound strange, but I think it's the best episode Telltale has ever created

1) It's extremely well written; it contains a surprisingly deep story and a perfect length. I laughed out loud during the jokes. At the end, though, I cried as much as I did during the ending of The Walking Dead.

2) The enviroments are as spectacular as the ones from the previous episodes.

3) The music is especially great and fitting, although at times too repetitive.

4) It contains the best voice acting from the whole season.

Seriously, it's as good as some of the best episodes from Tales From The Borderlands, if not even better.

10.3/10

• I actually kinda agree, man that's really weird saying that. It's at least Definitely one of the best 4th episodes I've ever played by them by far.

AlfMusic posted: »

Honestly? I know this may sound strange, but I think it's the best episode Telltale has ever created 1) It's extremely well written; it c

• Well, this was certainly a good episode. There was quite a bit of drama and tension in the episode. It is certainly quite dark. It really felt and is technically the final episode. I have to say this is the episode that I felt most invested in out of all of the episodes that has been released. So yeah, I am giving this a 9/10. It certainly deserves it.

I am extremely curious to see what Episode 5 is going to be.

• I wouldn't say best episode, but definitely top 5.

AlfMusic posted: »

Honestly? I know this may sound strange, but I think it's the best episode Telltale has ever created 1) It's extremely well written; it c

• Amazing. Keeps the momentum of the third episode and creates an amazing finale. If TellTale can keep making episodes like this in their future games, etc., their reputation and style will only expand for the better. 9.8 out of 10.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.