Language Problem

The translation has gone wrong in every episode. There are subtitles in Spanish and Portuguese. It is a problem that has always repeated. Is this the quality of Telltale Games? Really, it's the first game I bought this company and, with the sensations that is leaving me, be the last.

Comments

• edited December 2015

I'm experiencing the same problem, and I tried to change the language to english editing the file, but it was already set as ''english'' and even after I tried to re-edit it, the game was still launching in portuguese, does somebody know how to help me get the whole game in english? (using steam)

• I bought it on Xbox360, today I downloaded episode 4, my language is spanish, but the same problem: subtitles in portuguese, I wrote an email to support, I hope to get an anwer

• One more here, with PC on Steam.

• I speak English but I think this is a shit move by telltale because not everybody speaks English. I'm sure it was just a mistake though and it'll be fixed soon.

• edited December 2015
    Gideowl posted: »

I'm experiencing the same problem, and I tried to change the language to english editing the file, but it was already set as ''english'' and

• Thank you so much man :)

MimoDX2 posted: »

I guess this can help you. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=543348020

• I feel the same as you is painful

herobragus posted: »

I bought it on Xbox360, today I downloaded episode 4, my language is spanish, but the same problem: subtitles in portuguese, I wrote an email to support, I hope to get an anwer

• I bought mine on PS4 and I have the opposite problem. My PS4 is set to portuguese, but subtitles are in spanish. I'll try to change my settings to spanish to check if the subtitles change to portuguese. Maybe you should do the same, changing to portugues and checking if you get the spanish subs. What a weird workaround...

herobragus posted: »

I bought it on Xbox360, today I downloaded episode 4, my language is spanish, but the same problem: subtitles in portuguese, I wrote an email to support, I hope to get an anwer

• Just an update, it worked. When I changed my system language to spanish, the game displayed portuguese subtitles. I changed my system back to portuguese, the game showed spanish subs.

zingarelli posted: »

I bought mine on PS4 and I have the opposite problem. My PS4 is set to portuguese, but subtitles are in spanish. I'll try to change my setti

• edited December 2015

A statement of TellTale would be nice, i am from germany, but i usally do everything in english (System is in english, all games are, my books are, etc), so in the scripts and registry MineCraft Story mode is set in english, which is great! but everything is shown in german, which is kinda not so great. if there is a different way or a certain something i can do to change it to english i would appreciate it.
    So @TellTale please help us and give us an update (might just as well be written in the forum) on what to do!?

I also tried to delete all the german based *.lua but no luck....

So lets give birth the the movement #TellTaleYouAreMyOnlyHope

My regareds!

p.s. your stories are never the less fun!

• All people have the same problem. I can read and speak english but I preffer play in my language (spanish), but with this game is impossible, because the subtitles change the language everytime, and even when the text is in spanish... the translation is a mess.

The game have some months and these problems are not resolved.... that don't speak well about the company.

• edited January 2016

Hey there

A month later, nothing has changed, continue changing the subtitle language. I honestly do not think they come to fix and do not trust this company. My first game and the last of them. What I have decided. Not fool me again.

It's amazing to have a 82% positive feedback. No negative votes not wise up to fix things ...

• Hello! So I installed finally my "Mainecraft Story Mode" and wanted it to play. I have every TellTale title. And I enjoyed every title even if there was some minor problem with some of them. But here... That's something new. Usually TellTale games came out without "my" language support. It didn't bothered me. I play every game in English anyway. But here the game starts in Russian. Even that I have an English interface in Steam and all my games download in English localization. I really want to play it in full English(interface and dialog options). Installscript says everywhere "English". Steam is in English. Only my OS language is Russian. Don't tell me I need to change my OS language...

• Oh! Never-mind. Looked up on Steam Community Guides and found a solution to my issue. The game uses Windows "Language for programs that don't support Unicode" function. And since that option is set to "Russian" for me - the game was in Russian. Changed to "English(USA)" and after reboot the game runs in full English. Hope it helps someone else. Well for the time being. For example I must change it back to Russian after playing the game in order to be sure that all other programs and games run without extra issues. As some of them refuse to work, or work with unknown characters instead of text, since they don't know Cyrillic characters by default and use "Unicode" setting from Windows.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.