Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• edited December 2015

I think you are (at least for a part of it) since you were the first comment who started comparing TellTale's and LiS.

Again, you are completely wrong I was NOT the first, can you get that through your head? and again.. I compared them.. so what.. there were no big arguments and we both came to conclusions at the end? The only thing you seem to be going on about is the use of "fanboy" I will explain this later.

These were all made BEFORE my comment by different people, so yes, you are pinpointing me specifically.

enter image description here

There aren't any opinions at all, that's the point. (prior Polarized... again).

Do you see us in prior Polarized? No.. we aren't in prior Polarized.. we are in Post Polarized.. the game's episodes are complete.. and people have begun to compare them.. So i don't see what Prior Polarized has to do with anything.

Oh yeah I agree people have evry right to compare games, but they do not have the right to call people "fanboy" just because they disagree with you, that's what you did, that's why I replied to you.

This was a comment not directed at anyone, Just from my experiences elsewhere. And notice a key word I used MOSTLY which can mean not all the time.

Very good point for a person that was complaining about people don't showing actual arguments. How hypocrital of you.

But you do seem to need them though as you cant even differentiate who started Comparing Telltale and LIS first.

Yeah I see the consistesy on your "fact":

First you say that fan = fanboy.

Yes thats true when applied here, A fanboy is a fan to me so yes a fanboy = a fan? .. Problem? Since you say that the definition of a fanboy is everyones opinion or interpretation then couldn't I have just meant.. The fans who are male?

And then in the next post you say that fanboy = "A fan, especially one who is obsessive about comics, music, film, or science fiction."

Saying that a person is a fan is different from saying that a person is an obsessive fan, I consider the later as an insult and that's what you called to everyone who criticizes LiS. So both in my defenition of it and in yours I consider it as an insult.

Oh sorry to hurt your feelings, although you do seem pretty sensitive already since your the only one that replied to it.

Lets go by your logic then. By Fanboy.. the context that I used it in wasn't meant to be an offensive one.. I will say again.. I am a fan of Telltale as well....

And my comment is a fact to me considering the context I was using it in.

"A fanboy is a fan.. ESPECIALLY one that is obsessive of music, films and science fiction"

Read it carefully.. I never went around replying to everyone calling them fanboys.. simply stating that the ones that critisize LIS can fall in to this category... it can be vice versa too.

No, they are fans discussing the game with other fans.

Yea they are, but I disagree with this.. I have seen what obsessive is.. you may see it as normal.. but I see it as a tad obsessive (not in a bad way).. and again, theres no shame in being a little obsessive with video games...

They may be TellTale fans, but how does it help proving your point? Those, unlike you, were "criticizing" LiS (not in the best way) but at least they were not comparing it to other franscises and calling everyone who disagreed with them LiS "fanboys".

I think I made my point really clear, I disliked your comment because you called me (and a lot of other people) "fanboys" which I consider an insult in your defenition of it and in mine too.

How does it help prove my point? You specifically said before that people were having valid arguments I just proved they weren't .. you asked me to show you who weren't.. I did

And again, you are using your definition of a fanboy to say that was the context I was using it in when It wasn't.. I never went around calling everyone that disagreed with me a fanboy... The people that showed valid points I respect.. the people that didn't I dont.

So why is it okay for them to trash LIS yet not okay for for others to trash Telltale? double standards.. you favour telltale.. it is clear.

Have a good day.

Thanks

Do you still not understand the real definition of a fanboy.. or do you need me to run it over for you again? Do you still don't und

• I just want to say this: a Fanboy is automatically a Fan. But a fan isn't necesserily a Fanboy. Fan is lvl 5 And Fanboy is Lvl 10. to reach the Status of a Fan you Need to Be lvl 5 And to reach the Status of a Fanboy you Need to Be At 10. If you're a Fanboy you must've surpassed lvl 5. But to Be a Fan you don't Need to reach lvl10. Fanboy is the Next Level.

Legendary12 posted: »

I think you are (at least for a part of it) since you were the first comment who started comparing TellTale's and LiS. Again, you are com

• Those, unlike you, were "criticizing" LiS (not in the best way) but at least they were not comparing it to other franscises and calling everyone who disagreed with them LiS "fanboys".

There actually have been a few posts like that- and vice versa- in the past on this forum( and by past I'm talking all the way back to the first episode of LiS). This is more true on the LiS subreddit. Which was inevitable since it was the fans of the first episode and a few gaming outlets like Kotaku that started to make the comparisons to Telltale. Honestly, the reason why the comparisons are being brought up again a lot has to do with the messy endings to episode five, and the disappointment a lot of LiS players feel, especially when many of them were touting how LiS was better than Telltale at choices and consequences since the first two episodes were released.

Do you still not understand the real definition of a fanboy.. or do you need me to run it over for you again? Do you still don't und

• edited December 2015

God Is A Geek's Best of 2015: Life Is Strange

Source: Best of 2015: Life is Strange

Just to be clear I'm not sure if they are calling LIS the best of 2015 or they are simply doing individual post for what they believe to be the best of 2015.

• edited December 2015

Bruh, i remember when a developer said that he saw lis is the worst game by this year in polygon, ign, gamespot.

God Is A Geek's Best of 2015: Life Is Strange Source: Best of 2015: Life is Strange Just to be clear I'm not sure if they are cal

• The 10 Best Games About Being a Teenager

1. Life is Strange

A lot of people give Life is Strange’s overwrought dialogue a lot of flack, but I think it’s mostly spot-on. Lines like “Go fuck your selfie” seem weird, not that clever, and mean-spirited, but they’re exactly the kind of the thing a teenager would say. I’ve definitely said worse. Life is Strange does right by almost every aspect of the teenage psyche: the awkward exchanges between people stumbling toward their adult selves, the intense rivalries created when two people get off on the wrong foot, the idol worship, the beginnings of nostalgic longing. It doesn’t always get it right, but Life is Strange understands the rough edges of growing up better more than any other game I’ve played.

The 15 Best Videogame Soundtracks of 2015

2. Life is Strange

Life is Strange is a perfect game about adolescence, which is to say that it came upon us somewhat unexpectedly, it’s often awkward, it’s sometimes uncomfortable and yet it still manages to be a powerful and moving experience. The soundtrack, which combines a mellow acoustic score with some licensed indie rock, doesn’t sound so much like our teenage years as it sounds like what we imagined our teenage years to sound like through the lens of our post-college selves. Very few games this year have felt, or sounded, like Life is Strange. I hope we see more like it in the year to come.

• edited December 2015

To be honest the reviews they gave LIS was pretty bad. Not because the game was bad it was what they said that was horrible. I literally remember one review trying to infer that what happens in episode 4 is solely there to feed the developers sick taste. Then in another from IGN his biggest complaints where the little detective part that happens in episode 4. I've read comments from people who hated LIS say they can't understand how they didn't get what to do. You literally just match up the clues and yet they put it as a big flaw. There was even a little uproar on reddit about it I think. He also says that Max is out of character even though he can determine how she generally acts.

Another thing is for some reason older grown adults. Are trying to determine how a awkward teenage girl would normally speak back in 2013 in a small town. Most of us will agree we were awkward as fuck as kids and for some reason they keep trying to push that "teen's don't talk like this" thing.

They did receive a lot of great reviews though. The comment the developer made could be sort of a jab at how some major sites score reviews. I mean IGN has a game awards thing going and they snubbed LIS and Her Story in best performance. Even though they are the only games I know of that won a award for the VA's performance. A lot of other games were snubbed too but LIS got snubbed in a lot of categories. For a game that had multiple nominations in various awards prior to only have a chance at GOTY if you pick "other". You can easily see why IGN and other sites are kinda frown upon.

Bruh, i remember when a developer said that he saw lis is the worst game by this year in polygon, ign, gamespot.

• edited December 2015

To be honest the reviews they gave LIS was pretty bad.

Translation: They didn't give the review that aligned with my opinion.

Then in another from IGN his biggest complaints where the little detective part that happens in episode 4. I've read comments from people who hated LIS say they can't understand how they didn't get what to do. You literally just match up the clues and yet they put it as a big flaw.

The complaint that the reviewer made was about that detective puzzle section in episode 4 was that it was tedious and the low res textures made it difficult for him to solve the thing together.

He also says that Max is out of character even though he can determine how she generally acts.

When the game allows you, which only really occurs when the game has you make a major choice. Outside of that, you are watching how Max is written from the games writers. Tbh, I hardly felt that my Max was my own creation alot of the time.

Another thing is for some reason older grown adults. Are trying to determine how a awkward teenage girl would normally speak back in 2013 in a small town. Most of us will agree we were awkward as fuck as kids and for some reason they keep trying to push that "teen's don't talk like this" thing.

That depends on where you grew up- and to an extent- race. I have been hanging with and have spent a lot of time with small town white kids around my age and younger and never once did i hear someone say "selfie-hoe", use "go fuck your selfie" or "sad face" as a serious insult. There are more instances of dialogue like that in LiS where it did feel like a middle age person was trying to imagine what teens in 2015 sound like. To be fair, the dialogue between teens did get better as the season went on, but that first episode- I can see how the "teens don't sound like this" comes from, and personally consider that reasonable criticism. I also feel like the voice acting doesn't help either.

You can easily see why IGN and other sites are kinda frown upon.

Not really. Maybe they just didn't think it was that good of a game.

To be honest the reviews they gave LIS was pretty bad. Not because the game was bad it was what they said that was horrible. I literally rem

• Translation: They didn't give the review that aligned with my opinion.

In on of the reviews from Polygon. It was two reviewers and they pretty much tried to say that episode 4 of LIS dark room scene was there to simply appease some sick fantasy. They made some damning accusations against DONTNOD and it became less of a review and more of a smear campaign. One of the reviewers even said that at the end that it didn't make sense that Max couldn't use her powers even though it was obvious she was drugged.

Photos that you can revisit in full detail again and again, poring over them until your voyeurism of their abuse is fully satisfied. It is maddeningly exploitative, unnecessary and upsetting.
    I've mentioned before that this story was created by men and often drifts into a sense of titillation.

Source: Polygon Episode 4

That depends on where you grew up- and to an extent- race. I have been hanging with and have spent a lot of time with small town white kids around my age and younger and never once did i hear someone say "selfie-hoe", use "go fuck your selfie" or "sad face" as a serious insult. There are more instances of dialogue like that in LiS where it did feel like a middle age person was trying to imagine what teens in 2015 sound like. To be fair, the dialogue between teens did get better as the season went on, but that first episode- I can see how the "teens don't sound like this" comes from, and personally consider that reasonable criticism. I also feel like the voice acting doesn't help either.

The way you talk does depend on where you came from., What I got out of Max and a lot of characters was them trying to be cool or fit in. Hell, I still remember the whole scene in the bed room with that now infamous line. Then if you actually go to the bathroom and look at the mirror Max says a line that confirms a lot of things about her character.

To be honest the reviews they gave LIS was pretty bad. Translation: They didn't give the review that aligned with my opinion.

• Tons more news to be had....i still think it is funny I am updating a LIS thread on a TTG forum tbh.

TheSixthAxis Game of The Year Awards

Source: Game Of The Year 2015: Best Character

Source: Game Of The Year 2015: Best Narrative

Engadget Favorite Video Games of 2015

Source: Our Favorite Video Games of 2015

CNET Best Video Games of 2015

Source: The Best Video Games of 2015

• To be fair, it took me almost an hour to complete that puzzle... Really broke the flow of the episode. I liked the actual episode, though.

To be honest the reviews they gave LIS was pretty bad. Not because the game was bad it was what they said that was horrible. I literally rem

• Dontnod is gonna need a bigger shelf to put all their awards on :)

Tons more news to be had....i still think it is funny I am updating a LIS thread on a TTG forum tbh. TheSixthAxis Game of The Year Awards

• Yep

I think there were three others that I didn't post up. I know The Guardian had it as the 13th best game...they also had undertale as the 11th best.

armis37 posted: »

Dontnod is gonna need a bigger shelf to put all their awards on

• Life Is Strange is one of the best games I have played in a long time.

• One of us

Chris_93 posted: »

Life Is Strange is one of the best games I have played in a long time.

• edited December 2015

In on of the reviews from Polygon. It was two reviewers and they pretty much tried to say that episode 4 of LIS dark room scene was there to simply appease some sick fantasy. They made some damning accusations against DONTNOD and it became less of a review and more of a smear campaign. One of the reviewers even said that at the end that it didn't make sense that Max couldn't use her powers even though it was obvious she was drugged.

Hmm, I forgot about Polygon. Polygon reviews I can see the divisive reaction from gamers more so than other site like IGN, Gamespot and so on. Polygon pushes itself as a progressive site, meaning that you are going to have critics of different genders, races, and etc talking about games and in particular, representation. When brining up representation in reviews- in this case the women of ep 4 of Lis- its okay to talk about it if there is something that needs to be said about, so long as it doesn't overshadows the review. i wouldn't say this review turned into a smear campaign, they are just expressing what they considered to be the cons for this episode. I can see how a fan of the game might think of it as a smear campaign based on that excerpt, but they still seem to be positive about Life is Strange as a whole, just not so much with this episode.

Translation: They didn't give the review that aligned with my opinion. In on of the reviews from Polygon. It was two reviewers and t

• It took me a while because I was looking at everything and connecting the names and stuff. The only thing that kinda took me a real "while" was getting the pin number. I kept going back trying to get it even though I thought "try the birthday"....Nope I tried every other damn number and it was the birth date.

CosmicSouls posted: »

To be fair, it took me almost an hour to complete that puzzle... Really broke the flow of the episode. I liked the actual episode, though.

• edited December 2015

Best Episodic Series: Life is Strange

Source: The Koalition’s 2015 Game of the Year Winners

• STOP SAYIN' WOWSER

enter link description here

• Dontnod be like:

"I can't hold all these awards!"

Best Episodic Series: Life is Strange Source: The Koalition’s 2015 Game of the Year Winners

• And worst game of the year, lol. They wish.

Best Episodic Series: Life is Strange Source: The Koalition’s 2015 Game of the Year Winners

• Official PlayStation Magazine: Life Is Strange #2 Game Of The Year

Source: Magazine Scan

PC Games Best Adventure Game: Life Is Strange

Source: PCGames.de Best Adventure Game of 2015

• I wanted to go Ape with Warren...

• Trust me, you don't want to.

prink34320 posted: »

I wanted to go Ape with Warren...

• GameTrailers Best Adventure Game

Source: GT Best of 2015 Awards

• Firstly, if I had to choose, I'd pick Life is Strange for Best Adventure, while I'd vote Tales From the Borderlands for Best Comedy.

Secondly, this is certainly an odd pair in this picture. One who likes to be the center of attention, and one who'd rather not receive so much attention.

GameTrailers Best Adventure Game Source: GT Best of 2015 Awards

• Never thought I'd see Max and Rhys in the same image.

GameTrailers Best Adventure Game Source: GT Best of 2015 Awards

• edited December 2015

That would be a terrible crossover. I would definitely buy it!

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Never thought I'd see Max and Rhys in the same image.

• There's no way that I wouldn't buy that. Probably be one of those 'so bad it's good' situations.

TheCatWolf posted: »

That would be a terrible crossover. I would definitely buy it!

• Why not? :o

Trust me, you don't want to.

• Maybe they'll get together in Poker Night 3?

There's no way that I wouldn't buy that. Probably be one of those 'so bad it's good' situations.

• I can imagine Rhys playing Poker. It'd be hilarious with Max. xD

Maybe they'll get together in Poker Night 3?

• Wouldn't Max win every hand with her sick rewind powers though? :D

I can imagine Rhys playing Poker. It'd be hilarious with Max. xD

• True! I bet Rhys could put his hacking skills to use somehow, too!

armis37 posted: »

Wouldn't Max win every hand with her sick rewind powers though?

• I hear he is not that good in the sack.

prink34320 posted: »

Why not?

• Merry Christmas to all Life is Strange fans! Hope you have a beautiful holiday :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.