Mincraft Story Mode Season Pass Disk Issue [2/2/2016: Telltale resolves issues for 360 users]

Comments

• I had to unplug the Xbox and restart. I was able to download episode 2. It appears that this is the process for each episode. This should not need to be the process.. Ridiculous!

Big Hosz posted: »

Please update on the Xboxone... Episodes 2-4 still state "Purchased. Coming Soon". When will this be resolved?

• Same problem as all the others.
    Bought a disc, says the episodes are purchased and then wants payment to download.
    This will be the last Telltale game I will waste my money on for my kids.
    Any other business that ripped people off like this would be sued out of business.

• I purchased the Minecraft Story Mode Season Pass (on disc) for XBox 360 and gave it to my 9 year old son for Christmas. After completing episode 1, we're getting "Purchased, not Downloaded" for episodes 2 & 3. Upon trying to download each of these episodes, we're being asked to pay $4.99. He was so disappointed on Christmas Day and was unable to continue as I was unwilling to (re-)buy what I already purchased. When will this issue truly get fixed and, if it is, where's the solid method to download the episodes we paid for? Thanks to this issue, my son had a disappointing Christmas.

• Hey Guys! I figured out how to fix this problem, simply reinstall Minecraft Story Mode =D hope this helped.

• This has been an issue for some time. I am sure that Xbox and tag have received a lot of money as a result of this error. Sounds like a class action waiting to happen. Need to take care of your customers and fix this. Really ridiculous!

• Did you delete and reinstall? What exactly did you do?

kymmiex posted: »

Hey Guys! I figured out how to fix this problem, simply reinstall Minecraft Story Mode =D hope this helped.

• Also I am guessing that you have the digital download and not the disc.....I am trying the reinstall with the disk but anticipate it will not work...

Hey Guys! I figured out how to fix this problem, simply reinstall Minecraft Story Mode =D hope this helped.

• Thread: Problem With Minecraft Story Mode Season Pass Disc

When do y'all think they will fix the problem with 360 players getting charged for episode 4 even though they have the Season Pass.

• Plz hurry and fixs it because I have been wanting to play the game since it came out but I only got it on Christmas day so plz fix it I am beginning you

Thread: Problem With Minecraft Story Mode Season Pass Disc When do y'all think they will fix the problem with 360 players getting charged for episode 4 even though they have the Season Pass.

• Same with me just got it for Christmas after wanting it for so long so plz fix it I am beginning you

Ratman240 posted: »

Same problem as all the others. Bought a disc, says the episodes are purchased and then wants payment to download. This will be the last T

• Xbox 360 continually asks for £5.19 for episode 4 even though we have the season pass.
    How can I correct this? I've restarted the console and it's still asking.
    Perhaps developers should just sell games as they are rather than trying to con additional funds from people???
    My daughter is now sat with her Xbox turned off the day after Xmas becauS she cannot continue with her game.

• I have both, you simply go to settings---system---storage---Memory Unit---Games and Apps---Minecraft: Story Mode---select Minecraft: Story Mode (the saved game)--- select delete---put in ur disk and it will download again--- Hope This Helped!

Also I am guessing that you have the digital download and not the disc.....I am trying the reinstall with the disk but anticipate it will not work...

• I have the xbox1 edition on disc and when I try to donlode ep 2 it says purchesed but not dowloded so when I click dowlode it brings me to the xbox store wher it prosides to ask for £5.19
    I have tried the update above and it still does not let me down load it, I have also uninstalled it and reistalled from the disk and it still will not let me download episode 2 with out having to pay for it in the Xbox store.

Level   1
    Posted 26 Dec 2015 2:59 PM

I purchased the Minecraft story mode Season Pass Disk.

It says on the back of the case

"This Season Pass Disk includes Episode 1 of Minecraft Story Mode on the disk plus entitlement to download Episodes 2-5 as they become available.Internet connection and access to the Xbox store required"

It does not say anything about having to purchase the other episodes. So how do you down load the other episodes with out having to pay for them?

When I select install/download episode 2 it takes me to the Xbox store where it says if you have the season pass you do not need to purchase this as you will be paying for it twice, but it does not give you the opton to continue to download it with out paying for it, so as Terrafutan asks above how do you download the other espisodes with out having to pay for them twice?

• If you are using Xbox 360 and it is asking you to buy it then you can simply reinstall it by doing these steps= settings---system---storage---Memory Unit---Games and Apps---Minecraft: Story Mode---select Minecraft: Story Mode (the saved game)--- select delete---once deleted put in ur disc and it will reinstall the game, Hopefully this helped!

• I have a xbox one, never had an xbox before. I have deleted Minecraft Story Mode and then re installed it, but it just does the same thing as before. once I complete episode 1 and go to download episode 2 it takes me to xbox store where it say if you have the season pass you do not need to purchase this as you will be paying for it twice, but it does not give you the opton to continue to download it with out paying for it. Surly Xbox or Telltale must have a way for you to down load game that to have paid for with out having to go through xbox store and paying for it again.

If you are using Xbox 360 and it is asking you to buy it then you can simply reinstall it by doing these steps= settings---system---storage-

• So fundamentally the Season Pass disc fails at its one and only job. You don't buy it because you'll get all the episodes on the disc. We know you don't. You buy it because it entitles you to acquire the episodes without paying for them individually. So that is seriously the only reason for its existence. But we can't download the content. Complete failure on its only mission.

Telltale Games' support also singularly fails. If you look at support for MCSM on the PS4, there is literally one question with an answer. It doesn't work at all, why not? And the answer is "gee, it didn't work at first, but we've fixed it." But, of course, they havent. And on this community page we see "We are continuing to look into this issue for those with the Season Pass disc." The support entry has no date or time associated with it. No way to tell whether it means "we posted this non-information 3 months ago, and we're just ignoring everyone" or whether that was posted yesterday afternoon and they're feverishly trying to fix it.

So it's a total product failure and ridiculously poor showing in their support.

• Bought Minecraft Story Mode for my son for Christmas with the season pass, (he uses XBox360) and it's asking him to purchase episode 4! When is this going to be resolved??

• edited December 2015

My son was having the issue where episodes 2 - 5 were showing as Purchased. Coming Soon! on the Xbox One disc edition with season pass:

Can't download episode 2 3 4 5 minecraft story mode xbox one purchased coming soon

We were finally able to resolve the issue with a few simple steps. I've left a few notes below in case it helps anyone else:

1. Take the console offline via -> All settings -> Network -> Network Settings -> Go Offline.
    2. Remove the disc.
    3. Power cycle the console (read the instructions here).
    4. Insert the disc.
    5. Go back online*.
    6. Start the game

* If you have multiple accounts on your Xbox One, be sure to log in with an adult's account to start the downloads.

When we did did this, step 6 started a "Checking for DLC..." process that appeared to get our account / game state back in order. We were able to download and play the remaining episodes. Christmas is saved!

Update: Confirmed working for other people via

and

xbox one minecraft story mode purchased coming soon

xbox one minecraft story mode season pass can't download

• (I am only a volunteer community moderator. I am not Telltale staff.)

It seems like that solution worked for you, so I'll update the first post with this so other users can try it and see if it works for them. Thanks for sharing!

leereilly posted: »

My son was having the issue where episodes 2 - 5 were showing as Purchased. Coming Soon! on the Xbox One disc edition with season pass:

• Did not work...in fact, now my account is not accessible and the only option is to play offline. Horrible company...who puts out a product that does not work? Class action lawsuit!!!

• edited December 2015

I updated point 5 in my comment above with the following:

• If you have multiple accounts on your Xbox One, be sure to log in with an adult's account to start the downloads.

Can you update the first post you edited with addition above, Blind Sniper?

I wonder if this issue/bug has something to do with child/adult accounts? We have two Xbox Live accounts - one for me (wrong side of 30) and one for my son (7). I installed the game with the kid account, but had to give the account permission to play it with my adult account when the game started. I wonder if somehow the downloads are blocked for minors' accounts even although they have permission to play it?

If only I had access to the source code!

• I tried the power cycle reset for the Xbox 360. Instead of finding the power cycle option, I searched Google and it said to unplug all of the cables at the back of the console. But when I got back to the game, it still said that I had to pay for episode 4. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or I need something but u can try it for yourself. If it works, plz message me. Here's a picture of my result. Fix this!!! enter image description here

• I dont really know anything about this sorry.

• Thread: PS4 Season Pass Disc Issue

Ok, so I've seen threads concerning XBox issues with the season pass disc, and solutions around it, but what about PS4?. Same issues here, can't access anything past episode 1, it's a complete joke!.
    We have paid up front for this so would expect there to be no issues, having seen that episode 2 has been available since around October, does that mean Telltale have simply been ignoring this issue and not been bothering to offer a solution!?, not good. SORT IT !!!

• Hi everyone, another annoyed parent with a kid who can't play chapter 4.
    After reading through this thread, I've deleted and reinstalled the game, I was then able to download chapter 4.
    But now it's asking me to pay for chapters 2&3, you just can't win

• well tried most things on here and still stuck at wanting to charge for episode 4 after paying full price for the disk , not going to do that , my assumption is once they fix it they will post on here as the wee man totally not happy and now stuck with a game he can no longer continue to play , ironically if you downloaded it they seem to have fixed that version crazy

• What an absolute disgrace and a joke this is... you greedy b*****ds. This game's sole aim is to leech money from parents as their kids will undoubtedly pester them for the next episode... BUT IT'S SUCH A SLAPDASH EFFORT IT DOESN'T EVEN WORK. Asking for money for prepurchased content... Tell me telltale games, how many Christmases do YOU think you've ruined!!?? And the fact that I can read posts on issues that date back to OCTOBER!!! THIS IS A SCAM! I hope Mojang files a lawsuit against you for dragging the Minecraft name through the mud. SCUM

• Going round in circles - this is ridiculous. Any-one got a work around that works?

• edited December 2015

I got this working: My steps were as follows. An account owned by an adult, must install the game. The installing adult account must also be the account to update the game.

Figure out what account installed the game. If it was an adult account you can go forward. If it was not, it needs to be uninstalled (Remove the disk, go to manage games, in the hub and uninstall), then reinsert the disk and install with the adult account.

1. Log into the "adult" account.
    2. Start the game. Go to the episodes. They will be blocked out.
    3. Exit the game.
    4. Power down your xbox (hold the controller Xbox key and choose to power down the xbox)
    5. Unplug, the XBOX ONE (I unplugged both the HDMI and Power connections)
    6. Plug it back in. Start it up.
    7. Log into your "adult" account again.
    8. Enter the game, go to the Episodes.
    9. Click each episode to download it. Once it starts downloading.. (but before it is installed) go back (hit B button a few times) and choose the next one.
    10. Repeat for each episode.
    11. Install each episode one at a time.

Those steps worked for me.

• This did not work on my Xbox one, still takes me to the Xbox store and wants me to pay to download episode 2.

• If you look on Telltales facebook page there are lots of comments about this problem, but nothing new to try and get around the problem, and even more amazing is that Telltale have not responded to any of the comments on their facebook page about this problem. Starting to look like they don't care as they have our money now.

sammyboy247 posted: »

Going round in circles - this is ridiculous. Any-one got a work around that works?

• I only have an adult account on my Xbox one. I have done all of the steps above more than twice as yet and still cannot get it to work

Kanth posted: »

I got this working: My steps were as follows. An account owned by an adult, must install the game. The installing adult account must also be

• I just bought MC Story Mode disk for my XBOX 360, I finished E1,2, and 3, so I was going to download E4, I have season pass and purchased the game at game stop and now I need 2 buy episode 4? I HAVE SEASON PASS FROM BUYING THIS GAME AT GAME STOP AND BUY PURCHASING THIS GAME FOR $24.99, IM SUPPOST TO HABE ALL EPISODES PLUS SEASON PASS! ITS SAYING E4 PURCHASED BUT NOT DOWNLOADED, AND THEN ITS SAYING TO BUY E4 AND IM ANGRY! I just want to play E4 right now! When will they fix this stupid annoying little bug in this game?
    \ /
    (•). (•)
    O
    ======
    π

• I have thought of this and tried it previously on the Xbox 360 version to no avail. I can't say whether or not it works on other consoles.

I updated point 5 in my comment above with the following: * If you have multiple accounts on your Xbox One, be sure to log in with

• just bug fix with an update creator

• edited December 2015

For me I had to sign out of all the child accounts (in xbox one they sign in automatically if the kinect sees them) leaving only my account (adult account) as currently signed in. I then went back into minecraft story mode and all the dlc was available.

• not working this problem more than week now~

I just bought MC Story Mode disk for my XBOX 360, I finished E1,2, and 3, so I was going to download E4, I have season pass and purchased th

• Could this work for xbox 360? I do have a adult account...

Kanth posted: »

I got this working: My steps were as follows. An account owned by an adult, must install the game. The installing adult account must also be

• Does not work on xbox 360.
    Telltale(how ironic a name...) needs to timestamp these messages/updates.
    Very poor support, quite disappointed in the whole scheme

• Do NOT try this on xbox 360...it will delete the saved game, AND IT STILL DOESN"T DOWLOAD EPISODE 4!!!!!!

I have both, you simply go to settings---system---storage---Memory Unit---Games and Apps---Minecraft: Story Mode---select Minecraft: Story Mode (the saved game)--- select delete---put in ur disk and it will download again--- Hope This Helped!

This discussion has been closed.