Episode 5 Theory

As we all can see, theories are roaming the Telltale forums of what will happen in Episode 5. Some theories were taken from other forums to create this one, but they are improvised.

First off, we have the major relations to The Walking Dead Game, both Seasons 1 and 2. There's the relations between Lukas and Luke, and the major ending of TWDG Season 1.

Secondly, there are the chapter names, which hint at something big.
Chapter 1: You Are Stronger Than You Know
Chapter 2: You Are the Daylight
Chapter 3: You Are the Night
Chapter 4: The Darkness You Fight is Within You
Chapter 5: The Light You Seek is Within You
Chapter 6: You Are Not Alone

Lukas and Luke are voiced by the same person (Scott Porter, I believe) and the patterns are similar. In Episodes 1 and 2 (of both games), the boys are quite nice. We approach them and think of them as idiot croutons, but as you really get into the game, they are nicer. Much nicer.
In Episode 3, we notice some changes in both of them.
In Episode 4, both of them take great hits. Luke doesn't watch for walkers, does nahstee with Jane, and defends himself. Lukas runs off to find his friends alone, in hopes of them being alive.
Now in Episode 5, Luke got nicer but only to suffer such a death. I get a bad feeling this will happen to Lukas as well.

Another theory is that since Jesse now has the weapon, there is a chance (s)he could go insane. It could possibly be the cause for Lukas's death. Proven so that she goes insane is the Chapter 4 name, "The Darkness You Fight Is Within You."
Now, in Chapter 5's title "The Light You Seek Is Within You," it could be telling us that Jessie will soon die, because later in Chapter 6, she will be reunited with Lukas and Reuben. It tells so in the title as well, "You Are Not Alone."

And then there's Telltale logic. They killed off two important characters in two episodes and they feed upon our tears, so it's quite a doubtful thought as to whether they will kill off two characters in Episode 5 or not.

I may be wrong, I may be crazy, I may be insane, but the pieces will fit together once you think about it. If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you have any objections, feel free to point them out. But please, don't be rude.

Comments

• Here is a crazy prediction: Episode 5 will come out on the 21st the same day as the Wii U version. (source: http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/18/minecraft-story-mode-nintendo-wii-u/)

• edited January 2016

There are things that may disprove a little bit or completely your theory:

1. The Chapter names are a reference to the "credits" when you beat the Ender Dragon in Minecraft, so this MAY not be connected to some of the things you said.
    2. Since the game is aimed to a younger audience, then this would be too much to the audience targeted.
    3. Since this is kind of a bonus episode, then it's unlikely that someone dies on it. This doesn't change much things though.

So it is highly possible that Lukas may die, but really unlikely that Jesse may cause this death, and Jesse himself can't die. Anyway, nice theory.

• Telltale only releases his Games/Episodes at Tuesdays.

BoltWiz1973 posted: »

Here is a crazy prediction: Episode 5 will come out on the 21st the same day as the Wii U version. (source: http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/18/minecraft-story-mode-nintendo-wii-u/)

• why would jesse go crazy if she gets the weapon!

• also I dont think jesse will ever die, or there wont be another season really, unless they completely do a whole new thing, I can see something happening at "the darkness is within you" also, "you are night", an lastly the final chap, maybe another death or some kind of argueing/fighting among one another

• 1, They are a reference to the credits, but if you go on your Achievements list on your console, there are the chapter names there.
    2. That does seem so.

It sure is.
    Could be.
    That is true. But the game does seem to relate to TWDG, so I just have the feeling that Jesse will die. But "You Are Not Alone" could mean that Olivia, Petra, and Axel are still there for her, even Lukas and Reuben.
    Thanks!

MimoDX2 posted: »

There are things that may disprove a little bit or completely your theory: * The Chapter names are a reference to the "credits" when yo

• Well, (s)he went from Treehouse Spider participating in building contests to a hero that went to the Nether, the End, even the Far Lands, and having taken down a Wither Storm. So, there is a chance that Jesse could get in over her head.

NorthStars posted: »

why would jesse go crazy if she gets the weapon!

• I may have just went insane over that part. You could choose to be protective over your friends, like you had with Lee in TWDG, only to fall in the end.

also I dont think jesse will ever die, or there wont be another season really, unless they completely do a whole new thing, I can see someth

• I Do And Don't Like this theory because I Do Because It's a rlly good theory and i Don't like it because I LOVE LUKAS HE CAN NOT DIE OR I WILL COMMIT SUICIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• oh like I would let that happen ;) I make sure to always choose the "unique" or non obvious options which seem to always turn out good, for example, letting ruben run off to other people make them think that will only get him in trouble, but in my gameplay, ruben never got a black eye because I chose the non obvious option an he turned out safer then actually keeping him with you, the old order fell but the new order is the whole main reason of the game, for ACTUAL heroes to replace the fake ones, I dont think any deaths will happen in ep 5, but if there are its probably only 1 or you can not let it happen

I may have just went insane over that part. You could choose to be protective over your friends, like you had with Lee in TWDG, only to fall in the end.

• That may sound like an exaggeration, but please do not commit suicide over one gaming character. I think of him as more of a character, of course I do, but I would not try to get into it too far.

L-dog posted: »

I Do And Don't Like this theory because I Do Because It's a rlly good theory and i Don't like it because I LOVE LUKAS HE CAN NOT DIE OR I WILL COMMIT SUICIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Even thought Axel is an idiot, and he's probably my least favorite character (right after Soren, of course), I still wouldn't let him die.

oh like I would let that happen I make sure to always choose the "unique" or non obvious options which seem to always turn out good, for ex

• what the actual f***

That may sound like an exaggeration, but please do not commit suicide over one gaming character. I think of him as more of a character, of course I do, but I would not try to get into it too far.

• why dont you like axel? he saved jesses life one time an was always nice to him/her unless he was jelous

Even thought Axel is an idiot, and he's probably my least favorite character (right after Soren, of course), I still wouldn't let him die.

• Sorry It's just I Love Lukas And Hope he lives I will not and also It's a good theory but i don't want Jesse Or Lukas to die i Want Axel + Soren to die

That may sound like an exaggeration, but please do not commit suicide over one gaming character. I think of him as more of a character, of course I do, but I would not try to get into it too far.

• soren yeah, not axel.

• Ummm Axel Almost made me die in my LP By Making me go to B00M T0WN

soren yeah, not axel.

• he gives you a bow an arrow to destroy the tnt mangus had, an helps you out with small problems since hes Jesses friend... if your nice to him he helps you out alot, if your not he still does, hes definatly not my favorite character but you dont ask for him to get killed!!

Ummm Axel Almost made me die in my LP By Making me go to B00M T0WN

• K Just Soren

he gives you a bow an arrow to destroy the tnt mangus had, an helps you out with small problems since hes Jesses friend... if your nice to h

• Kills Soren

K Just Soren

• I'm not saying that I didn't want them to become heroes, but the whole thing could've been avoided if Axel hadn't stolen that potion. The other potion he replaced it with was probably a Potion of Regeneration. It helped the Wither cover up the Command Block faster.

why dont you like axel? he saved jesses life one time an was always nice to him/her unless he was jelous

• lol

Kills Soren

• he made up for it by saving jesse (especially vs mangus), he is the actual mangus, so hes going to be greedy like in the beginning of the episode, but turned out more helpfull near episode 3 an 4

I'm not saying that I didn't want them to become heroes, but the whole thing could've been avoided if Axel hadn't stolen that potion. The ot

• And if you don't go with him to Boom Town?

he made up for it by saving jesse (especially vs mangus), he is the actual mangus, so hes going to be greedy like in the beginning of the episode, but turned out more helpfull near episode 3 an 4

• he still helps out, I could list all the times he was involved in eaither being nice to jesse or helping but you should remember all the times he helping

And if you don't go with him to Boom Town?

• I do admit he helps out. I said that even though he is one of my least favorite characters, he still helps out in every way he can.

he still helps out, I could list all the times he was involved in eaither being nice to jesse or helping but you should remember all the times he helping

• He's not going to die. It's not likely that telltale would do this again like they did with Luke.

I Do And Don't Like this theory because I Do Because It's a rlly good theory and i Don't like it because I LOVE LUKAS HE CAN NOT DIE OR I WILL COMMIT SUICIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• There is a pattern. It could happen.

He's not going to die. It's not likely that telltale would do this again like they did with Luke.

• Not likely, telltale wouldn't be that cruel. Right? Right? ;-;

There is a pattern. It could happen.

• They feed upon out tears.

Not likely, telltale wouldn't be that cruel. Right? Right? ;-;

• Whyyyyyyyyy.......... WHY!!!!!!!!!!!! ;'C

They feed upon out tears.

• edited January 2016

Hmm... The achievements or trophies or whatever, they can as usuallly, refer to chapters, or they can refer to each character who will have more importance in each chapter.

You Are Stronger Than You Know -- Petra, the warrior. She might have to face great danger and she might think she's weak just like Gabriel (no, he's not weak Gabe fans, don't kill me!) who lied as well about killing the Ender Dragon.

You Are The Daylight -- Olivia. She's the one who's almost always nice, she thinks she embarassed herself around Ellegaard, and thinks she's not a great Redstone Engineer. But she'll prove otherwise.

You Are The Night -- Axel, the Rogue. Okay, I'm obviously combining the class and the time, because you know, rogues are sneaky and in the darkness you know... Let's say, there will be a point where you gotta be tactical, let's say Axel will be the one who will sneak and get us something very important (like information). He's also a little bit the angry kinda person, now he's very loyal that is important, but when he becomes angry, you'll see it.

The Darkness You Fight Is Within You -- Lukas. He is the order's black sheep. He keeps blaming himself over the sickness of Gabe or Petra. He wants to prove himself, and can become angry and mad at himself for everything he may not even done. But he'll win over his inner darkness.

The Light You Seek Is Within You -- Us. Jesse lost Reubs, he wants something to grab onto. A shred of light, a hope, strength. And while he/she not noticing it, everyone in the order is asking for Jesse's opinion on everything. Waiting for their answer, and that will be the part when Jess will notice that he/she is the one who needs to help everyone, not the one who needed in help.

You Are Not Alone -- This is the last chapter, and this is where everyone in our order will be optimistic, because we helped them (in the previous chapters -- I mentioned their problems, and we will be the ones who'll erase those problems), and Jesse realized his/her importance in the whole adventure. As we unite, we'll defeat the last danger we might face in Minecraft: Story Mode.

Well, that's my theory. I know the chapters names are based on the lines you get after you defeat the Ender Dragon. (it took me a while, and I did it, I killed that djshdjsh!) There can be a chance episode 5 will be about the Old Order of the Stone, us defeating the dragon, etc. I just thought I'll leave it here.

• No! Don't do this to meee!

enter image description here

Kills Soren

• Great theory!
    About the Ender Dragon, thought, I don't think Telltale can break the rules. Soren said the dragon was "blinked from existence," but there is a chance it could come back now that the Block is DESTROYED.

• Kills Soren 923203920392-3092309203923-923093209 times

MarteenPyro posted: »

No! Don't do this to meee!

• enter image description here

Kills Soren 923203920392-3092309203923-923093209 times

• It would make sense because of the fake order not actually killing the dragon, but with that lie everyone saw them as heroes so if Jesses group kills the ender it would show them being the true heroes although I would also be fine with a battle against soren in either arguement or fists

• I'm not exactly the violent type, but I'd probably punch him like I did to Ivor.

It would make sense because of the fake order not actually killing the dragon, but with that lie everyone saw them as heroes so if Jesses gr

• Kills Every Soren On earth I'm done now

• edited January 2016

enter image description here

How can you even sleep, look into the mirror without cringing?! After everything!

Kills Every Soren On earth I'm done now

Sign in to comment in this discussion.