No 'Handsome Collection' skins included with complete season (Episodes 1-5) purchase???

Hi. I own both 'Tales from The Borderlands' and 'Borderlands - The Handsome Collection' on Xbox One. When I go to the Extras menu in Tales, it says I need to purchase the 'Season Pass (Episodes 2-5)' to unlock skins for The Handsome Collection. I already bought Tales from the Borderlands Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)! Why doesn't this work?Anyone else having this problem? What gives??

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited January 2016

Did you follow the steps provided in this information from Telltale linked below?

Telltale Blog Post

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/93204/borderlands-pre-sequel-unlocks-for-tales-from-the-borderlands-season-pass-owners

Telltale Games Support Center Article explaining in more detail how to acquire Pre-Sequel Loot

https://support.telltalegames.com/hc/en-us/articles/206942387-How-do-I-get-the-Exclusive-Loot-for-Borderlands-The-Pre-Sequel-

• It does say "Season Pass" owners, and not "Complete Season." I hope that's not the case, because they are pretty much equivalent and that would really, really suck.

• heve you authenticated your game with shift i had to do this to unlock the skins

• Yeah, that's what I was going to suggest. The Gearbox/2K games don't automatically detect a save for Tales like they do with the other Borderlands games.

heve you authenticated your game with shift i had to do this to unlock the skins

• I cannot authenticate the game with Shift because it says I do not own the "Season Pass." The only link provided to me is a link to purchase the Season Pass for $14.99. I bought the Complete Collection, not the season pass. Therefore, I would assume that you can only get these skins/guns with the "Season Pass," and not the "Complete Collection." This is utterly stupid IMO, considering the Complete Collection costs more to begin with.

heve you authenticated your game with shift i had to do this to unlock the skins

• ugh, really? Yeah, I could sort of see providing incentive to pay up front for the season when the game wasn't complete, but now that does seem silly.

gamedreamz posted: »

I cannot authenticate the game with Shift because it says I do not own the "Season Pass." The only link provided to me is a link to purchase

• Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, this is the case. :(

It does say "Season Pass" owners, and not "Complete Season." I hope that's not the case, because they are pretty much equivalent and that would really, really suck.

• Yes. I followed the steps. The roadblock now is that it says I need to buy a season pass even though I bought the complete collection.

Did you follow the steps provided in this information from Telltale linked below? Telltale Blog Post https://www.telltalegames.com/blo

• Going off of Linnet's comment, I'm guessing that they wanted to incentivise Season Pass purchases prior to all the episodes being released. At this point, though, it might be an oversight on Telltale's part now that all the episodes are out anyways. I'll see if I can give them a heads up about this.

Linnet posted: »

ugh, really? Yeah, I could sort of see providing incentive to pay up front for the season when the game wasn't complete, but now that does seem silly.

• I do wish in general they had an "upgrade to a season pass" option. I would have done that.

Going off of Linnet's comment, I'm guessing that they wanted to incentivise Season Pass purchases prior to all the episodes being released.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Hey @gamedreamz, sorry you're experiencing this issue. The Complete Season bundle includes the Season Pass within it, so if you purchased the Complete Season, your Xbox Live account has the Season Pass tied to it. (You can see the Season Pass included in the bundle on the Xbox Marketplace Store Page.)

Please note that regardless of the in-game messaging asking you to purchase the Season Pass, your account does own the Season Pass, and you should be able to receive the unlocks. If you have started both games, and ensured they are updated to the latest versions and you are still not receiving your Exclusive Unlocks in your SHiFT account, please contact/email our Support Staff at support@telltalegames.com for further assistance, and they will be able to help you with your issue.

• So, in theory, if you purchased eps 1-5 it should work the same as a season pass?

Hey @gamedreamz, sorry you're experiencing this issue. The Complete Season bundle includes the Season Pass within it, so if you purchased th

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

@Linnet The promotion for the Exclusive Unlocks was for Season Pass purchasers only. If you purchased the episodes individually, you will unfortunately be ineligible for the unlocks as they look specifically for the Season Pass.

So, in theory, if you purchased eps 1-5 it should work the same as a season pass?

• edited January 2016

that would be great for people who dont own the sason pass but have all episodes i already have the season pass though

I do wish in general they had an "upgrade to a season pass" option. I would have done that.

• edited January 2016

could telltale possibly add a free season pass for people who own all 5 episodes but not purchased the season pass?

@Linnet The promotion for the Exclusive Unlocks was for Season Pass purchasers only. If you purchased the episodes individually, you will unfortunately be ineligible for the unlocks as they look specifically for the Season Pass.

• Hi Mike. I am not receiving the unlocks in my shift account despite both games being updated on Xbox Live. I already tried emailing support@telltalegames.com, but never received a response to my query. Is there any way I can fix this?

Hey @gamedreamz, sorry you're experiencing this issue. The Complete Season bundle includes the Season Pass within it, so if you purchased th

• edited January 2016

do you have the season pass? and have you checked where you get the shift rewards? I don't know if this will help or not

Hi Mike. I am not receiving the unlocks in my shift account despite both games being updated on Xbox Live. I already tried emailing support@telltalegames.com, but never received a response to my query. Is there any way I can fix this?

• You can also try submitting a Request at the Telltale Games Support Center for Telltale Staff members to directly assist you

Hi Mike. I am not receiving the unlocks in my shift account despite both games being updated on Xbox Live. I already tried emailing support@telltalegames.com, but never received a response to my query. Is there any way I can fix this?

• This thread is a bit outdated, so I'm going to move it to the archived Support Forums. If you need help, you may try one of the following steps:

This discussion has been closed.