****** has to come back

Comments

• Thread: Dear Telltale

Please guys, bring back Reuben in episode five. It's probably a stretch I know, but surely you guys can make it happen. He was such an innocent, lovable character. We all miss him and would love him to be back.

• Reuben turned into food after he died. It's not like his corpse is still here.

And its Telltale, so things like this are the norm for them: making fans suffer.

• Bringing him back would just ruin the story, we all cried when he died, we miss him, but bringing him back to life would be just a stupid move, in fact, it's impossible.

• From a fan of telltale games if they bring him back I'm gonna call it a lame copout

• Sorry ,but no. That would completely ruin the game

• I get where you guys are coming from, and I'm a long time telltale fan as well, but I feel like it's a cop out to kill him in the first place. That's their one trick for every game. Kill one of the main characters. I was hoping they'd see this, but I get it they're fairly busy.

• Honestly I want him back and I don't, they should solve everyones problem and bring in a new reuben, maybe a Pet wolf, people who hate reuben wont complain of him being back, and people who want reuben back will have a new pet.

• No, Reuben sucks and deserved to die.

• I have a feeling you may get your wish, even though I wouldnt want it.

I get where you guys are coming from, and I'm a long time telltale fan as well, but I feel like it's a cop out to kill him in the first plac

• Honestly, I loved Reuben but I find it'd ruin the storyline its something to keep Jesse going alright, I don't think they should

• It's not guaranteed one way or the other which way they go with it, as Telltale usually does usually keep dead characters dead. However, they've done resurrections in the past if the franchise allows that to happen (in Tales of Monkey Island, and (arguably) in Back to the Future: The Game and Sam & Max: Season Three, and technically the whole subplot of Tales from the Borderlands centers around a resurrection of a dead character).

In those stories they managed to find a way to make the resurrection work within the rules of that universe, and it didn't change the impact of the emotion of the scenes where the death originally occurred.

• edited February 2016

mod edit: Just editing to mask the identity of the death in The Walking Dead: Season One for people who haven't played it yet.

Now every time telltale kills off a character people are going to whine in threads about it. It happened with the character who died at the end of The Walking Dead: Season One and now reuben

• We all miss him

Yea, no.

• Thank you for your optimism. I don't understand the negativity on here though.

Jennifer posted: »

It's not guaranteed one way or the other which way they go with it, as Telltale usually does usually keep dead characters dead. However, th

• Episode 5 plot revealed.

Soren eats Reuben's remains so he can be loved again.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2016

It's happened for as long as Telltale's been making emotional stories, rather than straight comedies like their earliest games or murder mysteries like CSI.

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse had a lot of threads in 2010 and beyond about two characters who died in that season that fans loved. One stayed dead, and one was technically brought back, although some fans didn't view it as the real character because of the way they did it (although Jake Rodkin confirmed that it was the real character, just like he confirmed the death at the end of season one of The Walking Dead).

Fans just get passionate about characters that they've come to care about. It's a testament to Telltale's story writing capability that fans become so attached to both main characters as well as side characters, and the fact that fans come to love characters so passionately is just part of fandom in general.

• Why did he deserve to die?

CunningFox posted: »

No, Reuben sucks and deserved to die.

• He only had one moment where he was of any use, and not to mention that he was very whiny.

Why did he deserve to die?

• Stupid: yes.

Impossible: no.

In the world of minecraft, there is something called "respawn". So ya...

MimoDX2 posted: »

Bringing him back would just ruin the story, we all cried when he died, we miss him, but bringing him back to life would be just a stupid move, in fact, it's impossible.

• So because he was pretty much useless and whiny, he deserved to die? Hmm.....kay.

He only had one moment where he was of any use, and not to mention that he was very whiny.

• I loved Reuben and was upset when he died, but bringing him back is dumb. I mean Reuben's death was very emotional and sad, and we will all remember our little Rubes. I mean Telltale did a very good job with that scene, it really affected me. Even i wish Reuben did not die, i think TTG did a good job on that scene. Now bringing him back...is stupid. I mean it would ruin the emotional moment. I was upset when Reuben died, but bringing him back would just ruin the story.

This is my opinion anyway.

• I know, but mobs don`t respawn.

Smellmeh posted: »

Stupid: yes. Impossible: no. In the world of minecraft, there is something called "respawn". So ya...

• Yes, because if you are going to be ungrateful and whiny you're a liability, and that's exactly what Reuben was.

So because he was pretty much useless and whiny, he deserved to die? Hmm.....kay.

• I see that many of you love to hate fan favourite chracters, but please when you're gonna do it give reason.

Reuben was obviously not a liability. By giving the weapon to Jesse he basically saves the world. He also helps you gathering some Endermens to the tractor beam and I fail to remember a moment where he affected negatively the group.

Yes, because if you are going to be ungrateful and whiny you're a liability, and that's exactly what Reuben was.

• edited February 2016

Dear Telltale,

Do no listen to this. Reuben's death had dramatic weight, and the fact that people miss him shows that it served it's purpose. Don't walk this back because some fans are unable to handle grief of even a fictional character. Also, I'm sure the pork chops were delicious.

It's fanboy behavior like this that trivialized death so badly in the world of comics that nobody takes it seriously anymore. It's a bad idea. It does irreparable damage to your credibility as storytellers.

....or do you guys want us to start another thread about how they should bring Lee back? -_-

• edited February 2016

I did give it reason, and as I already said before he had only one moment where he was useful, but besides that he was completely useless. He simply stood around for most of the episodes, and he was mad at my Jesse in Episode 1 for making him run away, right after I just traded to get him back. And plus, he didn't 'basically save the world'. Even if Jesse died, there most likely would have been someone else to come along and defeat it, like Petra.

I see that many of you love to hate fan favourite chracters, but please when you're gonna do it give reason. Reuben was obviously not a l

• True...

MimoDX2 posted: »

I know, but mobs don`t respawn.

• How was Reuben ungrateful?

Yes, because if you are going to be ungrateful and whiny you're a liability, and that's exactly what Reuben was.

• edited February 2016

....or do you guys want us to start another thread about how they should bring Lee back? -_-

Oh please no...

• We all miss him

Except you and all the other bacon eaters here.

We all miss him Yea, no.

• In Episode 1, I made the choice of having Reuben run from the monsters, and in turn he was captured by the butcher. When I saw him there, I made the trade of giving him my sword for my pig. After just saving Reuben from death twice, he gives me a dirty look and walks by himself.

How was Reuben ungrateful?

• So because we don't miss a pig, we are bacon eaters. And because bacon eaters is an insult? I mean it's messed up how we get food but... it's just how it has to be, man.

We all miss him Except you and all the other bacon eaters here.

• He was just grumpy, getting porknapped by a butcher who wants to kill you and eat you can do that to you, especially when you have a black eye

In Episode 1, I made the choice of having Reuben run from the monsters, and in turn he was captured by the butcher. When I saw him there, I

• It's already happened though so I doubt it will happen with Reuben, remember the Gabriel/Petra revival?

Jennifer posted: »

It's not guaranteed one way or the other which way they go with it, as Telltale usually does usually keep dead characters dead. However, th

• Ok maybe I should have said Reuben haters instead of Bacon haters. :P

bigdogg0821 posted: »

So because we don't miss a pig, we are bacon eaters. And because bacon eaters is an insult? I mean it's messed up how we get food but... it's just how it has to be, man.

• edited February 2016

My reuben never had a black eye. He was still ungratefull after I saved him since the pig thought I should not of let him run away from danger.

He was just grumpy, getting porknapped by a butcher who wants to kill you and eat you can do that to you, especially when you have a black eye

• edited February 2016

Good point. But he was only ungrateful at that one part.

In Episode 1, I made the choice of having Reuben run from the monsters, and in turn he was captured by the butcher. When I saw him there, I

• Gabriel/Petra was never killed, he/she just got stuck into the Wither Storm, they were never dead.

It's already happened though so I doubt it will happen with Reuben, remember the Gabriel/Petra revival?

• edited February 2016

Well said Sir! I agree with you.

This discussion has been closed.