Why there will not be a season 2!

Too much hate over Reuben's death, a lot of kids won't want to nag their parents to buy the second season for another load of cash, I would love for it to happen but sadly because of this I feel like it just isn't coming

Comments

• Just like GoT..they could have easily just paid for multiple seasons.

From what I heard GoT was signed for multiple seasons.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2016

It's not easy to get the rights to multiple seasons, or else Telltale would have done that for all of their seasons. The rights that Telltale gets for each franchise differs as they have to negotiate the terms for each franchise separately. Money isn't the only issue here. They have to negotiate deals that both Telltale and the license holders will agree to, and often some contracts are less beneficial to Telltale than others.

Some of Telltale's games have the rights to keep selling the games. Bone, for instance, was never that good of a seller, but Telltale still has the right to sell those games, whereas on the other hand they lost the rights to sell their games based on Wallace & Gromit and Law and Order. However, even though they still have the rights to sell the Bone games that they already made, they lost the rights to make new Bone games. They also lost the rights to King's Quest before they could release even one episode of the game.

The only licenses that they got the rights to make more than one season without making a new deal is Sam & Max, The Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones. Everything else has to be re-negotiated if they want to make new games (and it's unknown how many of their games have rights in place to keep selling the game without having to renegotiate a contract for that as well).

Just like GoT..they could have easily just paid for multiple seasons. From what I heard GoT was signed for multiple seasons.

• Could be Telltale finished the story they wanted to tell in just 1 season.

• Too many TTG-fans hate this game, I like it, even though I'd say that it is their worst since TWD S1. They would/are gain(ing) so much more money on TWD S3 and GoT S2. And I'm pretty sure that TWAU would beat MCSM by FAR. Don't get me wrong, I like MCSM, I even cried when Reuben died, but I love TWAU, TWD, TFTB and GoT.

• Who said it's better than TWD, TFTBL, TWAU and GOT? I do like it but I don't want a season 2 of it.

captainivy1 posted: »

Too many TTG-fans hate this game, I like it, even though I'd say that it is their worst since TWD S1. They would/are gain(ing) so much more

• I hope the final episode is just credits. Because the best part of the game are the end credits

• You Are Absolutly horrible At picking a username that fits with you. But opinions, though...

I hope the final episode is just credits. Because the best part of the game are the end credits

• I'm pretty sure I read something WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back that said that GoT was already sighed for multiple seasons. I remember because a lot of people didn't really like it at first because they wanted more TWD and TWAU lol.

Jennifer posted: »

It's not easy to get the rights to multiple seasons, or else Telltale would have done that for all of their seasons. The rights that Tellta

• There are two reasons why there will not be a Season 2.

1. Too much hate over Reuben's death. I doubt that Telltale will resurrect him, and there are still lots of butthurt fans that probably won't even play Episode 5, so the sales will go down, and that means Telltale won't get that much money, which is bad for business.
    2. A lot of Telltale fans, including me, have not enjoyed this game as much as Telltale's other installments, and many people, again, including me, will not care about this game after Episode 5 is released and I'm sure that many others will do the same as me and sell this game as soon as we finish it. That means that many hardcore Telltale fans will not give two shits about Season 2, and thus won't buy it. Not buying it equals not enough money for Telltale, and that means they won't make a Season 2.
    edited February 2016

Yeah, Game of Thrones was signed for multiple seasons from the start, as was The Walking Dead and Sam & Max. None of Telltale's other seasons have ever been announced that way, even after they got the rights to new seasons after their success and income with The Walking Dead. If Telltale ever wants to make another Minecraft game, or Borderlands game, or Fables game, or Batman game, they'll need to sign a new contract to do so.

Even with a big franchise such as Batman, they still weren't able to negotiate a contract to make more seasons from the start. They had to go through DC Comics to get Batman license, and since they weren't able to get that kind of deal when they negotiated with DC for the Fables license when they made The Wolf Among Us, it's not surprising.

As I said, it's a lot harder to get a deal like that in place than one for a single season. It's not a question of money, it's a question of whether the licensor is willing to sign a contract that allows a company to keep making new games under the existing contract without having to renegotiate new terms, and that doesn't happen very often. Situations can change (as seen by the fact that Telltale suddenly became popular and well known after The Walking Dead), so licensors want to be able to change the terms of the deal if they think that circumstances can give them better residuals later.

Telltale was only able to negotiate a deal to make multiple seasons under a single contract with HBO, Skybound, and Steve Purcell. They've never been able to do so with any other licensor.

I'm pretty sure I read something WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back that said that GoT was already sighed for multiple seasons. I remember because a lot of people didn't really like it at first because they wanted more TWD and TWAU lol.

• Too many TTG-fans hate this game

To be honest its fair enough, this has been one of the worst games i've ever played. I'll leave my full thoughts until after the last episode however to judge the whole game

captainivy1 posted: »

Too many TTG-fans hate this game, I like it, even though I'd say that it is their worst since TWD S1. They would/are gain(ing) so much more

edited February 2016

The primary target of this game isn't Telltale's already established fanbase though, it's children and families (as was the case with Bone and Wallace & Gromit before it). Some Telltale fans do like it though. I've been a fan of Telltale since they first released Bone way back in 2005, and Minecraft: Story Mode is actually my favorite cinematic choices and consequences game, and it might be my favorite Telltale season overall, beating Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures, depending on the outcome of the final episode. I really have enjoyed how this season blended the old and new Telltale with puzzles and choices and consequences, and I liked how the story is multi-layered and isn't as straightforward as it seemed from the start (and I like how there really aren't any clear cut villains, but just people who make poor decisions, which doesn't happen too often in family entertainment).

Also note that a lot of family entertainment has deaths in it (I won't list names, just in case people haven't seen them, but a lot of Disney films have deaths for example). People posting on internet forums and social media isn't really indicative of the fan base for a product of a whole. In the 1990's, internet newsgroups were full of people who didn't like the death of a major character in one of Disney's most beloved films, but that didn't stop it from being well loved by a lot of people who saw it, as well as spawning multiple sequels.

CunningFox posted: »

There are two reasons why there will not be a Season 2. * Too much hate over Reuben's death. I doubt that Telltale will resurrect him,

• That may be true, but there are many kids who are upset and angry about Reuben's death too, not just older men.

The primary target of this game isn't Telltale's already established fanbase though, it's children and families (as was the case with Bone a

• I seriously DO NOT HOPE telltale makes another M rated game. If a game is M rated, it is very limited. When I was playing Thrones, I wanted to stop playing it after E5 because it was way too brutal for me, and the horror is too much.

T rated games are best. You can use the swear words you use in M rated games (Other than fck). Take the game 'Bully' as a example of how succesful a T rated game is and how it is open to much more audience.

CunningFox posted: »

There are two reasons why there will not be a Season 2. * Too much hate over Reuben's death. I doubt that Telltale will resurrect him,

• I hope they make more adult games. If you don't like adult games, do not play them. Just because you are not mature enough should not stop others.

I wanted to stop playing it after EP5

Why?

I seriously DO NOT HOPE telltale makes another M rated game. If a game is M rated, it is very limited. When I was playing Thrones, I wanted

• And so I should miss out on those good stories? I should miss out on all those choices? Hell no.

because it was way too brutal for me, and the horror is too much.

That's why I wanted to stop playing. Nevertheless, I am still excited for E6 but it was another disappointment. Choices never matter.
    If they make more adult games, it will always be limited to the few people. But if they make T rated games, it is availible to a wider range of audiences.

I seriously DO NOT HOPE telltale makes another M rated game. If a game is M rated, it is very limited. When I was playing Thrones, I wanted

• Then what do you want? The good stories to not have any death, violence or language which was part of the reason they are so good.

Because that's daft so you either have to be fine with the adult content or not play the game. Expecting everything to change to a lame tween experience is ridiculous ,just so some immature people can enjoy it.

And so I should miss out on those good stories? I should miss out on all those choices? Hell no. because it was way too brutal for me

• edited February 2016

My Theory:
    1. With so many trouble with installing episode with Season pass i think that there will be no season two
    2. also, world still cried and angry after watching Reuben death in episode 4, they stop playing, which is make the sales going down (Some people still patience and want to continue episode. Some people who - sorry - have no smart thinking "its just a gameplay character death", stop playing this game, and angry. Its not justified. It just a game, don't blame a Game Developer for game characters death. I think you all play Minecraft in Survive/ Adventure mode and when your Hunger bar is almost empty, you kill a pig and eat its Porkchop. also, Sorry for Out of Topic)
    3. There is soooooooo many bugs in gameplay (such as No Sound, Screen Stuck, Missing choices, etc)
    4. In some countries this game is very very expensive,
    i think that's a reason why will be no Season Two

• We're people that upset about the dead pig? There wernt that many on here, is there another forum where people were upset?

My Theory: 1. With so many trouble with installing episode with Season pass i think that there will be no season two 2. also, world still

• edited February 2016

I dont blame you all upset with a pig death, i just say its only game

We're people that upset about the dead pig? There wernt that many on here, is there another forum where people were upset?

• Contract deals will result in no Season 2.

Characters always die in Telltale Games and people are always upset. They never dictate if there will be another season of said game or not.

• What do you mean "Contract Deals"?

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Contract deals will result in no Season 2. Characters always die in Telltale Games and people are always upset. They never dictate if there will be another season of said game or not.

• edited February 2016

If Telltale were to make a second season, they'd need to have a contract with Mojang/Microsoft to do so. I'm pretty sure they don't have one, and I've heard they can take quite some time to be agreed on. I'm pretty sure it was just a one season deal, is what I'm saying.

What do you mean "Contract Deals"?

• Yeah with fact no one wants to play after reuben death it very make the sales down, and to make second contract they need a lot of money. I dont think they can make it

Lewsblake23 posted: »

If Telltale were to make a second season, they'd need to have a contract with Mojang/Microsoft to do so. I'm pretty sure they don't have one

• edited February 2016

telltale makes the game as much like the source material as possible. hence why got, walking dead, wolf and border lands are m rated and minecraft is e10.

and it's not like they can't tell stories that don't have adult content. you do know they made games before the walking dead right? back to the future the game had some serious things in it and it's rated T same withe monkey island and season 3 of sam and max.

Then what do you want? The good stories to not have any death, violence or language which was part of the reason they are so good. Becaus

• Atcually, I did not try over Reuben's death. It was so contrived that I almost started laughing out loud. God, I wish there will be no season 2. This game Sucks!!!!!

megamike15 posted: »

telltale makes the game as much like the source material as possible. hence why got, walking dead, wolf and border lands are m rated and min

• telltale makes the game as much like the source material as possible. hence why got, walking dead, wolf and border lands are m rated and minecraft is e10.

and it's not like they can't tell stories that don't have adult content. you do know they made games before the walking dead right? back to the future the game had some serious things in it and it's rated T same withe monkey island and season 3 of sam and max.

I was talking to the other guy who wants no adult games to be made anymore, I know this is a kids rated game and I'm not saying they shouldnt make kids rated games

megamike15 posted: »

telltale makes the game as much like the source material as possible. hence why got, walking dead, wolf and border lands are m rated and min

• edited February 2016

Same. Even though i enjoyed Telltale's TWD (Which was rated M) I want to see more non Mature games from Telltale, which is why i will buy the Batman series when it comes out, because im sure it will be rated T. Also because im a huge Batman fan. :)

• Haha seems legit. The only people to answer the question of a second season are the Telltale staff, geniuses.

• I never said I want no adult games to be made. I never said no language, violence or nudity.

You are just misintepreting my comment. I said T rated games would really fit telltale. Look up 'Bully Scholarship Edition' on youtube. That's the kind of T rated games I'm talking about. Not childish Sam and Max.

• I don't see why people can't handle a death of a virtual pixel pig.

My Theory: 1. With so many trouble with installing episode with Season pass i think that there will be no season two 2. also, world still

• I would like a season 2, but i don't think it would happen. :(

• Well Sam & Max would be noice wouldn't it?

Yeah, Game of Thrones was signed for multiple seasons from the start, as was The Walking Dead and Sam & Max. None of Telltale's other s

• I don't think this is the reason there won't be a Season Two of Minecraft. The real reason is that Telltale has SO MUCH planned that there really just isn't anytime for another season of Minecraft until like 2018 or something.

The Walking Dead: Michonne, Batman, The Walking Dead: Season Three, Game of Thrones: Season Two, SuperShow2016/2017, Marvel 2017.

and I think Telltale has a surprise in store that would be in the form of a The Wolf Among Us: 3 Episode Event

• Your username really fits you

Atcually, I did not try over Reuben's death. It was so contrived that I almost started laughing out loud. God, I wish there will be no season 2. This game Sucks!!!!!

• In fact, this and michoone are really the only games I really dislike. All of the other modern telltale games are good and great and awesome

Duck_Hunt posted: »

Your username really fits you

• edited February 2016

Please no.. I said my piece.

• Didn't you say you disliked Season 2 of TWD as well?

In fact, this and michoone are really the only games I really dislike. All of the other modern telltale games are good and great and awesome

• Yeah, I think so. He is pretty inconsistent with his comments sometimes. I've seen this guy hate a series in one thread, and love it in another.

ralo229 posted: »

Didn't you say you disliked Season 2 of TWD as well?

• You can't say Michonne is bad when there is only one episode out.

In fact, this and michoone are really the only games I really dislike. All of the other modern telltale games are good and great and awesome

Sign in to comment in this discussion.