Minecraft: Story Mode Announcement Thread: Three New Episodes To Follow Up the Season Coming in 2016

JenniferJennifer Moderator
edited March 2016 in Minecraft: Story Mode

Three New Episodes of Minecraft: Story Mode Announced

News

March 25th

Episode 6

Episode 7

Episode 8

March 22nd

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/105119/minecraft-story-mode-returns-for-episode-5-on-march-29th-three-more-adventures-continuing-in-2016

Order Up! won't be the last you see of Jesse, as Episode Five will bridge the gap between the Wither Storm story arc, and three all-new adventures that will continue as post-season episodes set to release in the coming months of 2016!

Picture

These continuing Adventures of the New Order of the Stone will follow the additional escapades of Jesse the group as they explore new and unfamiliar worlds beyond their own. All three of these episodes will be add-ons to the season, so you'll need to own at least the first episode of Minecraft: Story Mode in order to purchase and play these three chapters in the series which will include episodes 6, 7, and 8.

Picture

The cast of Minecraft: Story Mode also continues to expand as Jesse, played by Patton Oswalt (Ratatouille) or Catherine Taber (Star Wars Rebels), join Ivor, played by Paul Reubens (Pee-wee’s Big Holiday) and the gang on a trip to the skies. They'll meet a growing cast that includes Sean Astin (The Goonies, The Lord of the Rings) as Reginald, the loyal Captain of the Guard, Jim Meskimen (Parks and Recreation) as the rebellious Milo, and Melissa Hutchison (The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series) as the Founder of Sky City.

Picture

Stay tuned in the time ahead for more news on the Continuing Adventures of the New Order of the Stone!

Comments

• Lukas looks like really naruto shipudden

• All he needs in the ninja headband

guyalf1 posted: »

Lukas looks like really naruto shipudden

• Is it bad this announcement disappointed me? I wanted this series to be over and done with so that they could move onto something new and (hopefully) more exciting.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2016

Today's actually a big day for Telltale news. It was also announced today, through Mashable's interview with Telltale's CEO Kevin Bruner, that The Walking Dead: Season Three is also coming out this year. :)

Connormac99 posted: »

Is it bad this announcement disappointed me? I wanted this series to be over and done with so that they could move onto something new and (hopefully) more exciting.

• Well, not everyone is going to be happy about the announcement, since not everyone like Minecraft Story Mode. But this game isn't stopping Batman and Michonne as well as other Telltale Games from getting released. :)

Connormac99 posted: »

Is it bad this announcement disappointed me? I wanted this series to be over and done with so that they could move onto something new and (hopefully) more exciting.

• It is rather special that both Minecraft and Michonne are releasing their episode on 29th.

Jennifer posted: »

Today's actually a big day for Telltale news. It was also announced today, through Mashable's interview with Telltale's CEO Kevin Bruner, that The Walking Dead: Season Three is also coming out this year.

• Cool! I'm excited especially since Ivor is apparently joining them. He's my favorite character.

edited March 2016

Indeed. Telltale fans who aren't interested in the Minecraft: Story Mode DLC have a lot to look forward to.

Episodes two and three of Michonne will be released in the next couple of months, Batman is coming this summer, The Walking Dead: Season Three starts some time this year, and Telltale's Marvel game starts next year. Plus, they have their upcoming Super Show, which will be an original property rather than a licensed one, and will include both a game and a television show, produced by an as-of-yet unannounced partner.

Well, not everyone is going to be happy about the announcement, since not everyone like Minecraft Story Mode. But this game isn't stopping Batman and Michonne as well as other Telltale Games from getting released.

edited March 2016

Yeah. That's only happened twice before in Telltale's history, and this is the first time with two single episodes, as previous same day releases were an episode released on the same day as a retail game (CSI: Deadly Intent and Tales of Monkey Island episode 4 both released on October 30, 2009 and Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 1 and Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition both released on October 13, 2015).

It is rather special that both Minecraft and Michonne are releasing their episode on 29th.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2016

So, essentially, we can think of Story Mode overall as something along the lines of two four-episode Seasons of Minecraft in one game? Interesting.

• I had the exact same thought. :)

So, essentially, we can think of Story Mode overall as something along the lines of two four-episode Seasons of Minecraft in one game? Interesting.

• So I guess episode 6 and maybe 7 are how they are putting out content between the end of Michonne next month and the beginning of Batman, which will be late June at the earliest as it's releasing in Summer. Cool.

I also noticed that this is kinda like a children's show. Most shows of that type (Adventure Time, Spongebob, etc.) have many unconnected episodes with recurring characters. I'm really excited for this :)

• edited March 2016

This is Speculation.

Do you guys remember the choices you made that affected Lukas? In the end of EP4 he's either your friend, or he just doesn't care about you. If you make the wrong choices that affect him, then maybe he's not going to follow Jesse and his friends, he's probably going to lead that plan which was Aiden's idea.

• I hope you're right, if there's going to be different stories on the DLC, that's going to be really weird, i hope EP5 and the Three-Episode DLC are going to be about the same story, i can see that coming, if EP5 doesn't end the new story, then the DLC is going to be like buying TWD Season 2.

• I think he ends up disagreeing with Aiden either way and will join Jesse's gang out of necessity to stop Aiden. But who knows, would be pretty interesting to see Lukas as a villain. :P

• Ooh season 3 this year! I hope it's quickly after Michonne (by which I mean 2-3 months after episode 3). Also I don't hate on MC:SM like I made it sound - I actually like the unique-ness (I know that;s not a word... Shh...) of it. But I really was looking forward to them moving on to concentrate on new possibilities.

Today's actually a big day for Telltale news. It was also announced today, through Mashable's interview with Telltale's CEO Kevin Bruner, that The Walking Dead: Season Three is also coming out this year.

• I hope not lukas is my favourite character

Pipas posted: »

I think he ends up disagreeing with Aiden either way and will join Jesse's gang out of necessity to stop Aiden. But who knows, would be pretty interesting to see Lukas as a villain. :P

• May I ask. Will there be a trailer? If so when will it be out? This Thursday? Next Monday?

• Monday or Thursday. They might have a trailer for Michonne on Thursday and then Story Mode on Monday or Vice versa.

AngelicTea posted: »

May I ask. Will there be a trailer? If so when will it be out? This Thursday? Next Monday?

• So... Aiden is the villian in episode 5? Then. This is my right chance. FOR REVENGING HIM FOR BURNING MY PIG OFF >:O!!1!11

• Just curious, will the season pass disc i bought cover me for the upcoming DLC or will i have to pay again for the extra episodeS?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

You will need to pay separately for any DlC episodes as they are not included in the season pass disc price.

JoshLuck95 posted: »

Just curious, will the season pass disc i bought cover me for the upcoming DLC or will i have to pay again for the extra episodeS?

edited March 2016

You'll have to pay for the three upcoming episodes (most likely $15, or $5 per episode, but not certain as the price hasn't been confirmed), but you'll be able to play them via the season pass disc (since they're DLC episodes that require the first episode to play)..

JoshLuck95 posted: »

Just curious, will the season pass disc i bought cover me for the upcoming DLC or will i have to pay again for the extra episodeS?

• inb4 episode 5 ends in a cliffhanger that requires you to buy all 3 episodes to complete the story

• edited March 2016

That seems to be the case. Think of episode 5 as a free pre-installed DLC episode for the new "Season" of Story Mode. (episodes 6, 7, and 8).

inb4 episode 5 ends in a cliffhanger that requires you to buy all 3 episodes to complete the story

• Seems like a neat thing. It really is kind of like 2 four episode seasons.

• Ooh yay! I can't wait for the TWD S3!

Yeah. That's only happened twice before in Telltale's history, and this is the first time with two single episodes, as previous same day re

• Eh... I really love Minecraft: Story Mode, it's fun, but it does not under any circumstances need 3 extra episodes. I think 5 is perfect. Besides, we haven't even gotten information on TWAU yet, and they're already aiming to push out 3 extra episodes of this one game? I'm simply conflicted on the matter.

• edited March 2016

I think 5 is perfect

Not when the 5th episode starts a brand new story line. Still better than investing years on renewing the series and a brand new season. DLC makes things a lot easier and allows Telltale to finish up the series before their contract with Monjang expires.

Eh... I really love Minecraft: Story Mode, it's fun, but it does not under any circumstances need 3 extra episodes. I think 5 is perfect. Be

• Or, you could say that episode 4 was the mid-season finale. We still have part 2 of this season to finish!

Seems like a neat thing. It really is kind of like 2 four episode seasons.

• Really exciting news, not just getting to play Episode 5 of M:SM and Episode 2 of WD: M on the same day but knowing there's three more episodes of Story Mode coming, sweet! Makes you wonder how a physical release will work though...

• They already release a physical disc that, this time around, acted as a physical Season Pass that would allow you to download future episodes as they come out.

Really exciting news, not just getting to play Episode 5 of M:SM and Episode 2 of WD: M on the same day but knowing there's three more episodes of Story Mode coming, sweet! Makes you wonder how a physical release will work though...

• I gathered that, though I wouldn't be surprised if TT did another disc with all eight episodes on as a special edition? Kind of like how there was a Game of the Year Version of S1 of WD which included 400 Days on the disc after the physical version had been previously released?

They already release a physical disc that, this time around, acted as a physical Season Pass that would allow you to download future episodes as they come out.

• I wouldn't be surprised if they did that, considering the issues they had with people downloading episodes from the disc beforehand.

I gathered that, though I wouldn't be surprised if TT did another disc with all eight episodes on as a special edition? Kind of like how the

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I don't know if anyone saw this tweet but they are currently in the "table read" stages of episode 6.

enter image description here

• Wait does that mean they've made Ep 6 too?!

OzzyUK posted: »

I don't know if anyone saw this tweet but they are currently in the "table read" stages of episode 6. https://twitter.com/stirpicus/status/712462875239952384

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited March 2016

They haven't made it yet, they currently have a draft script of episode 6 and they are testing it by "playing" the game with different staff members reading the lines for different characters with Laura as the player. This process helps with development as they can see where choices or dialogue might go wrong and rewrite the lines before an episode had been made.

Wait does that mean they've made Ep 6 too?!

• Oh

OzzyUK posted: »

They haven't made it yet, they currently have a draft script of episode 6 and they are testing it by "playing" the game with different staff

• Can I just ask, will there by an episode 6 waiting thread as i am not really interested in the final two at the moment. :-)

• Yay....more minecraft.... I mean that's what everyone was asking for right? More minecraft and no TWAU or TFTB?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.