How do I change my character's name or my username ?

I bought this game for my my granddaughter and she is horrified that she can't change the username.

How do I let here change what appears in the game as her name?

Comments

• Are you talking about regular Minecraft or Minecraft: Story Mode? Because you can't change your name in MCSM because it's a story, people voice your name.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I think you might be getting confused with the regular Minecraft game, this forum is for Telltale's Minecraft Story Mode which is a separate game from the regular Minecraft and doesn't have ingame usernames.

If you do need help with regular Minecraft made by Mojang i recommend asking for help on the Minecraft forums http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums

• edited December 2015

Hey, dojo32161 ==> Question applies to MCSM. I haven't even ever played yet....where does the name in the story come from? My granddaughter does not want to be the username I bought the game with -- the name that shows up here.....she wants to be herself.

You can't mean that the name you pick when you make a payment to buy MCSM locks you in to whatever userrname you used for your TellTaleGames account, do you?

dojo32161 posted: »

Are you talking about regular Minecraft or Minecraft: Story Mode? Because you can't change your name in MCSM because it's a story, people voice your name.

• OzzyUK ==> Thanks -- I am confused, but not by that. I bought MCSM and installed it on a Win 7 PRO laptop -- a good solid workforce high end Dell -- and sent it to her. Now she is upset about the MCSM user name (according to her mother.), somehow.

Where does the name she is referred to come from? does she pick it? is it randomly assigned by the game?

OzzyUK posted: »

I think you might be getting confused with the regular Minecraft game, this forum is for Telltale's Minecraft Story Mode which is a separate

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Unfortunately there is no way to change your forum username, the main character in Minecraft Story Mode is called Jesse no matter what your forum username is be as that is the characters name.

KipHansen posted: »

Hey, dojo32161 ==> Question applies to MCSM. I haven't even ever played yet....where does the name in the story come from? My grandda

• OzzyUK -- great. I don't care what my forum name is...and I don't care if my granddaughter cares about that -- she only cares about what shows up in the game.

Is there no multiplayer mode in Story Mode then? Every player that plays is Jesse? No matter what? (You can not believe exactly how ignorant I am about this....ask me to explain something simple, like Chaos Theory or Non-Linear Dynamics....that I can do.)

Unfortunately there is no way to change your forum username, the main character in Minecraft Story Mode is called Jesse no matter what your forum username is be as that is the characters name.

• I think what your daughter is upset about is that the main character in Minecraft Story Mode has a predetermined name. At the start, you can choose a different look, 3 different looking Male characters and 3 different looking Female characters. However, this is just the appearance, the character's name will always be Jesse, and other characters will always call the player character Jesse, there is no way to change it.

OzzyUK ==> Thanks -- I am confused, but not by that. I bought MCSM and installed it on a Win 7 PRO laptop -- a good solid workforce hig

• Poogers555 ==> So can you change you "look", your "avatar"...I don't think I selected one when I installed the game, and in any case, if she wants to change that, can she just uninstall and reinstall the game and start all over?

Poogers555 posted: »

I think what your daughter is upset about is that the main character in Minecraft Story Mode has a predetermined name. At the start, you can

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

There is no multiplayer in Minecraft Story Mode, unlike the regular sandbox style Minecraft which is made by Mojang and features multiplayer this game is made by Telltale and is a single player story driven adventure game which takes place in the Minecraft world.

In Minecraft Story Mode you will play as a character called "Jesse" who embarks on an adventure with your friends after things go wrong at a in game event called "Endercon", unlike the regular Minecraft where you build things in this game you are prompted to choose dialogue options when talking to other characters. You are also prompted to fight the Minecraft monsters with quick time events and the choices you make during the game can make changes in future episodes.

There are 6 playable characters to choose from (3 male and 3 female) and all of them are called Jesse who you choose in game before starting the story.

OzzyUK -- great. I don't care what my forum name is...and I don't care if my granddaughter cares about that -- she only cares about what sh

• OzzyUK ==> Well, that clears that all up.

Now all I have to do is figure out what has my granddaughter in a tizzy!

There is no multiplayer in Minecraft Story Mode, unlike the regular sandbox style Minecraft which is made by Mojang and features multiplayer

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2015

You don't have to uninstall the game, but you will have to make a new save file if you want to change how Jesse looks.

All of Tellale's recent games are very story focused and are supposed to play out like an interactive movie or TV show. Because of this, they can't have people create their own unique characters, so Telltale created "Jesse" as the main character in the story that everybody plays as. You can select six different appearances for Jesse (three for Jesse as a boy, three for Jesse as a girl) when you first start a save file. However, since the game is supposed to play like an interactive movie, you have to stick with one appearance for each save file once you pick one.

Because "Minecraft: Story Mode" is an entirely different game from Telltale Games, it does not have typical Minecraft features like changing your player's name or appearance, playing in Multiplayer, or walking around freely. Most of Minecraft Story Mode's features are focused on playing out an interactive story (like a TV show or a Movie) that is based off of the world of Minecraft.

Poogers555 ==> So can you change you "look", your "avatar"...I don't think I selected one when I installed the game, and in any case, if she wants to change that, can she just uninstall and reinstall the game and start all over?

• What does the logo look like when you start up your granddaughter's game? I believe you may have Minecraft : Storymode and Minecraft the game mixed up by the sounds of it. I can help your problem towards Minecraft the game if that's what this is.

OzzyUK -- great. I don't care what my forum name is...and I don't care if my granddaughter cares about that -- she only cares about what sh

• cant change the name would be cool but sadly its not available

• edited March 2016

Can someone help me. I bought MCSM for my son, and somehow, between episodes, he switched the sex of the character. He went from a male, to a female version of Jesse. Now he wants to switch back, but we don't know how to. I know you make the choice in the start of the game, but does he really have to start all over in order to switch back? Because if that's the case, how was he able to switch sex in the first place in between episodes? I really don't want him to lose all progress up to this point. Our platform is PS3

• Our platform is PS3

• If is EP 3 end, it is a bug.
    Let him rewind and retry the chapter 5 of EP 3.

2ndSamuel posted: »

Can someone help me. I bought MCSM for my son, and somehow, between episodes, he switched the sex of the character. He went from a male, to

• To change from Female to Male you simply create a new save.
    Perhaps if you click on the saves tab he may of forgotten he can switch saves back to his original save!
    Hopefully that'll help.

Can someone help me. I bought MCSM for my son, and somehow, between episodes, he switched the sex of the character. He went from a male, to

• Hey!
    I know your new to this so I'm just gonna let you know that when you want to add information or forgot something just hover over your comment and press edit there you can just add to it without creating a new one! Hope that helps

Our platform is PS3

Sign in to comment in this discussion.