Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• we will call this au alvin jr Willie.

Yeah, it would be William "Bill" Junior, actually. Carver was his last-name. Edit: Well crap, scrap Bill from that sentence. I don't know how names work either.

• I think the picture below should help put the first one on perspective.

enter image description here

Deltino posted: »

Anything about Zachary seem a little bit off to you? Yep, he's missing two fingers. If you're anything like me, you probably haven't realized this until now, either.

• Jonas and Zachary have three skiing posters on their room. Some could've also missed that they've covered most walls and the roof with rugs. They do have the nicest room on the ship!

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited March 2016

He's left handed too it seems.

I guess it was from that freak petting zoo accident a while back.

Probably had a walker bite them or some kind of accident. Makes sense with all the machinery he is working with. I doubt Randall cut that off or something .

Still good find, that's something you think you would notice sooner.

Anything about Zachary seem a little bit off to you? Yep, he's missing two fingers. If you're anything like me, you probably haven't realized this until now, either.

• enter image description here

Holy shit I never noticed that! O.O

• edited March 2016

May I ask what a freak petting shoe accident is?

He's left handed too it seems. I guess it was from that freak petting zoo accident a while back. Probably had a walker bite them or so

• I thought I had corrected 'shoe' to 'zoo' when I posted. Guess not.

May I ask what a freak petting shoe accident is?

• Oh, that makes sense now. It would've made some good, comedic bit of backstory for Zachary, but you know, he's dead in about half of the playthroughs.

I thought I had corrected 'shoe' to 'zoo' when I posted. Guess not.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

he's dead in about half of the playthroughs.

I thought it was more like 20%

Oh, that makes sense now. It would've made some good, comedic bit of backstory for Zachary, but you know, he's dead in about half of the playthroughs.

• Wha....? How did nobody notice this until now?! Mind = blown.

How much you wanna bet that Randall cut off his fingers GoT - style for some trivial offense?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Wha....? How did nobody notice this until now?! Mind = blown.

Test Your Awareness: Do The Test

Wha....? How did nobody notice this until now?! Mind = blown. How much you wanna bet that Randall cut off his fingers GoT - style for some trivial offense?

• It was when the episode was first released, but most choices from previous The Walking Dead games balanced after some time—including the iconic Doug or Carley, which balanced after three years recently—so I figure that the same will happen with this one.

dojo32161 posted: »

he's dead in about half of the playthroughs. I thought it was more like 20%

• I'll always remember missing that in high school psych class.

dojo32161 posted: »

Wha....? How did nobody notice this until now?! Mind = blown. Test Your Awareness: Do The Test

• –SPOILER WARNING FOR MODERATORS!–

Given that Greg instantly comes up with the lie that Michonne is an old family friend while under pressure, and that we don't know what relationship Paige has with John's family, it is probable that she is an old family friend, from before the outbreak.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited March 2016

I was thinking that she was possibly their babysitter, and ended up staying with them.

• I initially thought she was their mom but once I learned she was dead, and Sam didn't mention any sisters I got confused.

If Paige knew the mom committed suicide which was about a year ago, then she must have been there for a while.

I was thinking that she was possibly their babysitter, and ended up staying with them.

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

D'aw shucks, thanks! You guys are awesome. It's really lovely to have a fanbase who wants to hear what we have to say, and is excited about what we are doing. :)

You are so freaking awesome, Emily!

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

grants wish

hello how's it goin

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Thanks for replying and clearing it up. I went on a comment spree like 30 sec after I finished the episode and was a bit emotional. Kinda wish you guys posted here more, but a wish is a wish

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited March 2016

So, I keep thinking of the song "Gimme Shelter" by the Rolling Stones when I see "Give No Shelter".

Anyway, I believe the minimum number of Monroe colonists that have to die is 4. I'm including the guy who has the tower fall on him, because I don't think he lived. There's the 3 guys with Randall, flare gun, shotgun, and the other one.

Also, there was one random person in Monroe who shouted "Mike, where are the kids?"

So yeah. Dwell on that.

• edited March 2016

How did a small fire on a boat cause Monroe to go up in flames?

Am I missing something?

• Sam's kind of old to need a babysitter. Granted, you could have one for the kids. I just don't see why the parents wouldn't just have Sam watch her brothers. Then again, we know little about them before the apocalypse. Anything is possible.

• Wasn't the tower guy Cam?

• edited March 2016

I've been thinking about Paige's connection to the family and I believe she is Sam's girlfriend. If you ask her what she cares about this will happen:

Paige: My parents had me... But never seemed to want me around. (Smiling a Sam) Sam though, she... she always did. God, I hated her guts when I first met her. She used to pick on me all the time... thought she was tough shit. Little did she know, I was tough shit too.

We also see that Sam after seeing Jonas and Zachary hugging changes her mind and immediately calms down, I believe it was empathy.

• Yeah I think so.

zeke10 posted: »

Wasn't the tower guy Cam?

• Well if we go with Carver's first name being Bill and not William that would make AJ...

• I think you nailed it. That makes the most sense out of everything I've been thinking! I didn't even catch the Zachary/Jonas thing until you brought it up.

• Great catch! Love how TWD is bringing in much more diversity in their characters!

• That definitely seems plausible, while it would also explain what the connection with John's family is. I agree with @NOHATCLEM; it's nice that they're creating diverse characters, while also allowing them to be round, integral people instead of two-dimensional stereotypes.

You're right. 4 minimum deaths: the guard that Michonne chokes out, the guy the tower falls on, and the two at the end.

Furthermore, if you stopped Pete, Michonne ends up killing 2 more people, at least assumingly. She kicks two guys into the water without hurting them, but she slices two others with her machete before knocking them in, so I'm going to assume those two didn't make it.

I'm just going to assume that either that flame hit a wire/rope that was connecting the boats, or the resulting explosion launched some flaming debris that were able to cause more fires.

• I don't think you have to choke the guy out. I had Zachary and Jonas distract him. It might actually be 3, I could have sworn there was a third guy at the house.

You're right. 4 minimum deaths: the guard that Michonne chokes out, the guy the tower falls on, and the two at the end. Furthermore, if y

• Well, they did have wood planks connecting the ships and boats, so I'd imagine that they could've let the fire spread.

• edited March 2016

Noooo my fav redshirt. Was he also the guy who alerted randall where they were?

Yeah I think so.

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2016

Not only are Sam (Devery Jacobs), Greg (Booboo Stewart), and John Fairbanks (Jonathan Joss) all Native American, so are the voice actors portraying them.

Sam and Greg are Native Americans? Damn, didn't notice that.

• Episode 3

Michonne runs from walkers and slips on banana peel

Sam's house burst into flames

• My sister and I are about as far apart as Sam and Alex (the little one), and my parents have flat out said that they would rather hire a babysitter than let me watch my sister. Some younger kids listen more to an authority figure than a sibling, or parents may find that they oldest one isn't ready to care for a younger one.

Kinda depends, though.

eRock92 posted: »

Sam's kind of old to need a babysitter. Granted, you could have one for the kids. I just don't see why the parents wouldn't just have Sam watch her brothers. Then again, we know little about them before the apocalypse. Anything is possible.

• Woah what? Didn't even notice.

edited March 2016

Yeah, I know right? Its practically right in front of you, and you don't even notice it. For the longest time I thought he was just bending them or something.

AGentlman posted: »

Woah what? Didn't even notice.

• I never noticed anything XD I only remember noting to myself he was left handed.

Yeah, I know right? Its practically right in front of you, and you don't even notice it. For the longest time I thought he was just bending them or something.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.